All eyes on Lay.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" . . he hasn’t reported to work for the last three days and the last time he was seen he was leaving with jae and his entourage . .” the alwayse black suited men whispered leaning down to the madam sitting on the big couch.there was no reaction on her face . .she just went on drinking her wine. The news she expected to hear hadn't surprised her a bit. Lay’s attachment to his brother more than diminishing has grown ever deeper despite her efforts in breaking that bond. But now . . now her bleeding son is even being taken care of by his brother . Rather than his mother jae has become lay’s sanctuary. Just accepting that fact has taken her days as she sat next to her phone waiting for any call or text from lay letting her know he was fine . but no

 

There was No call

No text ‘

No anything.

 

. there is a shareholders meeting this friday, if he doesn’t attendant that it's not gonna look good.” the man went on letting the ,dam know why she had to find lay from whatever hole he was hiding and get him to that meeting if he doesn't wanna lose the bit of respect he has from shareholders who have been hearing all the crazy rumours going around. Everybody who has heard of the c.e.o’s will is sitting in edge to see what jaes plan was and hearing that lay hasn’t been to work might be going crazy hasn’t made anybody sit comfortably either. All teh efforts she has put to take everything away from jae and it seems now everything is being handed to him. His dad’s will in his hands, his grandma's share already in his account what could stop jae from taking over the company . . .nothing. There was nothing in front of him now that he has lay in his captivity.

 

Even her brother had whispered to her that even he can’t do anything anymore . . . legally jae was above all of them now . . . there was nothing she could do to stop him from taking over but does that mean she will take the back seat and let him have it all ? NO.

 

. . get everything ready we will leave after lunch” she gave a direct order and after a quick bow the man had walked out he had to arrange everything he was told to before she finishes lunch. After working with her since the first day she walked into this house he knows good well what string she was gonna pull to break jae to pieces . he knows good well the distance the madam will go just to ruin jae but even had been left perplexed to find out what she was about to do. He had thought it would something she would never do even on her dying bed but he was wrong.

 

------------------ ------------------

 

“ . . good morning . “ hyeon with a small smile walked into teh guest room lay has been sleeping in for the last couple of days. Following the doctor's orders lay had been kept to rest teh whole entire time . . .nobody bothering even to ask him what was going on except jaes doctor that has been dropping at noon to talk to lay. It looked like three days worth of rest has done him good as teh bright glow he once had has returned to his face . .his fragile looking body seemed to be a bit back in shape too as he sat at teh corner of teh bed looking out the window.

. . it’s a beautiful day out side” placing the special juice mrs kim made for lay by the tablet next to the tv hyeon slowly started walking into the room. Min has warned them to be very cautious in what they say to lay and not to force him to talk about anything he doesn’t look like he wants to which has been the main reason jae has stayed away from him . . . following their boss neither joon nor sungi not even mrs kim had tried to talk to lay . mrs kim being the one who drops by to check on him she has been teh one reporting to the rest what lay is doing after declining to even step out of that room for teh last three days.

 

. . we are gonna have lunch at the pool in the garden , why don’t you join us” after contemplating what words to use hyeon asked. She knew not to sound demanding or commanding as she asked him. It might not be as much as jae but she had been the one after him to feel teh pain cut through her heart as she saw lay three days ago. That wasn’t the lay she knew . .that wasn’t the lay that had a special place in her heart. Once she got a hold of her jae she had completely forgotten about lay who they both left stranded in that building. Teh guilt sh efelt was still handing over her as she started getting closer to the couch set in front of the bed . .lay since the moment she walked in hasn’t even glanced back nor did he moved at all. His back to teh door he sat eyes set at the grand garden in front . .teh window coming in from teh opened window brushing his hair back . .it was a bewildering sit to see lay sitting in silence like his brother always does.

 

. .Lay . “ hyeon's voice was very soft as she called out to him . .there was no reaction still. She should have known he wouldn’t respond . .he hasn't responded for the last three day and for teh last three days she has been trying day in day out to get out even a hi from him. All had thought it would have been her that could get him to talk since jae was forbidden to even say a word to him. After three days of trying small talk hyeon was even out of things to talk about to get him to open his mouth.

 

. . since you won’t be opening your mouth “ hyeon sighed as she sat comfortably on the couch. As always she feels at ease whispering her secrets to lay than his older brother.

. .i am sitting at the edge right now , you “ hyeon started talking about the thoughts that had been keeping her mind busy before teh whole thing with ay happened.

 

. I’ve heard so much about what your family is capable of and if they threaten him to harm me “ just the thought had made hyeon pause and take a deep breath.

. . i know he will leave me for my own sake”

. he has done it before and i know he would do it in a heartbeat if he thinks it will be the best choice for me” just a split second reminder of teh pain she went through in their breakup was too much for her to handle as her eyes started getting watery . .

 

. sometimes I wish i have never meet him or you at all. all i did was ruin his life . ”

 

. .he didn’t have a life before you .” lay whispered out his first words defending his brother.he didn’t turn around our glanced at hyeon who he could imagine was about to start crying.

 

. . neither did I . “ he added leaving the shocked hyeon to wonder why on earth eh started talking just now. She has sat at the same spot for days asking him if he was fine, if he needed anything . .but it was this he replied to.

 

. .YOU CAN TALK .” she shouted out her startled eyes zooming on his side .lay who hasn't moved at all since she walked in stayed put his eyes still glued to the garden.

 

“ . are you okay? Do you feel better?” hyeon sent the questions she had been annoying him with his way .

 

. . lay .” she called out but lay silence has came back. He didn’t seem to be bothered by the questions he has been hearing in day in day out. Why do they keep asking him if he was okay when in fact they knew he wasn’t .

 

. .Lay please talk to me? “ she begged as she started slowly walking to the bed. She knew from his reply earlier that lay was a but okay was with her being here. She has always been welcome in his space .

. lay .” she added as she sat down right next to him . .neither her presence next to him nor her shoulder that brushed against his had brought jaes eyes to her or to the room at they stayed glued to the distance.

 

. . you know If i call jae in here he will get you to talk” his brothers name got a quick reaction as lay finally brought his eyes to hyeon.

 

. .huh . “She sighed as she leaned back . startled wouldn’t describe how she felt when her heart dropped as her eyes took in the look in lays swollen eyes. His eye that were in the brink of disappearing into the swollen caused by his crying he had masked behind his face he has hidden from anyone to see . . she knew now why he was hiding. She wouldnt wanna show her face either is she looked as a mess and lay looked right now. Having never even heard his whisper hyeon knew either the walls wera soundproofed or lay cried making his voice that she didn't even knew it that he had cried his eyes out till this point.

 

“ . huh .” she sighed again as she swallowed her tears away . her right hand without much thought was lifted and gently landed on lays back. Right when her hand started moving lay had fidgeted reacting to her gentle touch.

 

“ . his doctor said i need a mental evaluation to find out what’s wrong with me “ lays eyes turning back to the garden as he started letting her know what has shut him up for days. It wasn’t something she didn’t know though . . shocking all of them teh doctor has told them he needs to take a serious evaluation of lay to diagnose him and whatever was eating lay was very serious. Teh small addictions were too easy to nicte , it didn’t take teh doctors to sit with lay for minute to find out all teh stuff he has been taking .

 

“ . .it will be funny to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter