The plan.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

“   .    .    .  Where are we going exactly?” hyeon , who sat down quietly for the last ten minutes as jae drove around asked. He has dragged her out of that house and rushed the car out but it looks like he doesn't even know where he's driving as they seem to be going in circles. 

 

 

     “ .   .    .   Somewhere” making a  sharp left turn jae replied .  .  .  After so many minutes wasted he has finally figured out the freeway entrance. Quickly merging into the carpool lane he stepped on the gas as though to make up for the lost minutes. Considering the speed he was driving at hyeon sitting on the passenger side couldn't even feel it . As though she was floating the car was beyond comfortable but then again when you hundreds and thousands for it ,it must be this comfortable.

 

    But the comfort didn't last long as the silence grew still.  .   .  Hyun's head , as always, started going on its million thoughts of whats making jae this quite.

 

          “ .     .    . Can i ask you something?” hyeon folding her arms asked , jae didn't reply, just waited for her question. He thought of it as annoying that she had to always ask him if she can ask a question . Letting his silence be answer he waited quietly .  .  His eyes on the road.  Right hand on the steering wheel while the left leaning on the window held his head .

 

    “ .   .   .  What’s going on with the company?” in a very calm voice she asked. 

 

       “    .   .   . Are you sure you wanna know ?” eyes focused on the road as he signaled left and merged in asked . He has learned the hard way that it might be best to be honest with hyeon about everything. She has a right to know and if she asked he was in no way gonna keep it from her. no filters anymore.

 

     “   .    .    .  I know it's because of me so”  right hand atop the left hyeon started playing with her fingers.

 

    “ .   .    .  I think i should know “ 

 

“ .    .    .  They had an emergency meeting today , they are placing Lay's  uncle on my seat “ as nonchalant as always jae replied , his eyes focused on the road missing the dismayed look on hyeon's face. 

 

   “ .   .    .  So .   .  So .   .  “ how shocked she was by the news was evident in her voice. 

 

   “ .    .    .  Your out ?” 

 

  “ .   .   .  Why ? You don't want me since i don't work there anymore ?”  with a small smile jae glanced her way her sharp eyes and the serious look on her face didn't even flinch for  second as she stared at him.

 

     “ .   .    .   Yes, technically am out “ turning his eyes to road he replied. Singal .  Sharp right turn .   .  Then only three blocks to go.

 

   “ .   .   .  What do you mean technically ?” not even for a second glancing at the buildings they are passing by hyeon asked . She has a serious issue to deal with before she worries about where they are and it didn't even last that long before the car pulled into one of the buildings. 

 

        “ .    .     .  I dont work for jk anymore , if that's what you wanted to know “ turning the ignition of jae gave her a small smile as he unbuckled his belt and jumped out. 

 

 

    “ .   .   .  But?” following behind hyeon asked . Jae didn't answer quickening his steps he led to the elevator in front . A step behind hyeon still as dismayed and upset about what she just heard followed behind. 

 

        “ .   .    .    But ?” she asked again and ignoring her again jae just got in  elevator pressing 7. 

 

   “ .   .   .  Yaa “ she with the small energy she has pushed his shoulder .

 

   “ .    .    .  Am a shareholder ,.  . In a way “ he replied with a  big smile bringing his hand up to touch his shoulder she just hit.

 

      “ .   .  .  What do you mean in a way?”

 

“ .  . Well, i have not signed and accepted it yet .” 

 

  “ .   .     .   It hurts you know that right ?” still massaging his shoulder jae turned his puppy eyes to hyeon. It didn't do much but get him another hit . 

 

   “ .   .   .  Oww .   .  “ he took a step back but it didn't help as hyeon followed along and went on hitting him.

 

 “ .  .    .   How can you be smiling when they kicked you out “ 

 

“ .   .    .  Oww .   .  Aww .    .  “ 

 

     “ .    .     .   Ommo “ a voice stopped everything they were doing. Both have failed to realize the elevator doors that have opened up and the man waiting for them by the door. Just like his own eyes the man found hyun's startled eyes glaring at him holding his gaze for a couple of seconds before she returned her hands to her sides and moved away from jae . 

 

    “ .  ,  annyong “ the staring man opened his mouth sendint his eyes still on hyeon . Having heard so much about her for once she is standing in front of him . The wonder women that has caused so much drama has finally showed up. 

 

    “ .   .    .  How much can i get if i sue her?” unlike them , the careful jae asked as he walked out . Hyeon giving a small bow with a small smile to the man took only a step before she stopped when she saw the man arms stretched out , his hand on the elevator door closing her way out. Just as described she looks feisty and the gaze she had when he blocked her way was a bit scaring .   .   .   She doesn't look like one to mess with . She has to be quite the women .  .   She has to be quite the personality to catch bae's attention like this. 

 

   “ .   .   .   I’m His lawyer “ he sent his right hand her way . 

 

    “ .   .   .  Keep your hands to yourself “ jae slapping his hand grabbed onto hyeon's arm and started walking away. With A  small smirk hyeon followed behind quietly . It was heartwarming that jae is getting all protective now .

 

 

    “ .   .    .  We are not even allowed to shake her hand?” complained from the back the followed them into his office in front . Just like him the two people in the room were excited to see the couple walk in hand in hand . While joon sitting by the other end of the big table returned his eyes back to the file he was reading the other stood up . His eyes focused on hyeon he gave her a small bow which she reciprocated . 

 

   “ .   .  He wouldn't even let me shake her hand ?” the lawyer walking in last closed the door behind him and started walking to the oiled chair he was sitting on earlier . 

 

    “ .   .   .  He's my lawyer .   .   That one  is my accountant “ as hyeon sat down on the couch jae pointing at the two men she has never seen he described their job. Hyeon looking up to the gleeful eyes that have been staring at her tryed finding comfortable way to sit , but it wasn't the chair that made her feel uncomfortable it was the eyes staring at her. The judgement or lack thereof behind those eyes yaht have scanned her up and down is what's making her anxious and once jae left her side it started becoming obvious . She folded her arms sitting back on the chair as far away from the table as she can . 

 

     “ .   .  .  Don't be fooled by her shyness she's ruthless” joon throwing the folder on the table started the conversation . Although, they expected a reply from the couple hyeon just sat there as jae who has walked to fridge just brought a glass of drink for himself and a water bottle for hyeon . Placing it on the table next to her he walked to the table picking the chair closest to her as he sat down . 

 

     “ .   .    .  Thank .  “ hyeon has opened to say thank you but the small smile he gave her as he passed by was silencing as she just swallowed back her words.  She didn't had them when she wanted to protest either as jaes hand grabbing arm he took her to the table and pulled the seat on the right letting go of her arm . 

 

 

   “ .   .    .   Sit “ he gestured with his hand as he pulled the chair next to her and sat down . Not to create more drama hyeon sat down. 

 

    “ .   .    .  So where should we begin ?” the lawyer folding his arms asked .  .  The whole group has stayed nights to come up with a great plan . 

 

    “ .   .    .  So ?”jae taking the first sip asked . 

 

     “ .   .    .  This is what come up with and what is the best and only option you have left” 

 

    “ .   .  First accept the grandma's inheritance asap “ he threw the black folder jaes way . 

 

    “ .   .    .  That will give you power to attend the meetings and see what's going on with teh excutive director and c.e,o sitiation  “ 

 

   “ .   .   .  Its also free money “ the accountant added. 

 

“ .   .     .  The c.e.o. is putting your name on the his seat but after what has happened it will be hard to get a majority vote “ the lawyer stood up walking to his desk.

 

    “ .   .   .  They need to be sure you got their back and you'll do whatever for the company no other priorities “ he glanced back stealing glance at hyeon . But he didn't had to do that everyone in the office already knew what he meant . 

 

    “ .   .   .  You have lost credability, the hospital thing .  . Shouting her name out .  “ the lawyer didnt need to say more .

 

     “ .    .    .  So this is what we're gonna do ?” pulling out he remot he found under the pile of folders he pressed the on button and a picture of jae and min showed up. Joon couldn't help but smile when he saw jae almost choked up as he saw the picture. Even Though not all at once all eyes have glanced hyun's way to find her questioning eyes glare back at them. 

 

      “   .     .   You need minah?” jae hoping that is not what this is about asked . 

 

   “ .  .  No no , we need publicity “ the lawyer pressing next next .  , started going through the articles that use to be posted about jae and minha. Most only had her pictures and one picture of jae they kept refusing . 

 

    “ .   .   .  We go all out “ the excited lawyer glaring at the two started his pitch . 

 

   “ .  .  This is a once is a once in a lifetime paring “ he pointed at the confused looking couple.

 

    “ .   .   . You are the excutive director and a billionaire with a ean record .  . She's an average girl and a public lawyer. this is a cinderella story the public will eat it up “  pulling his chair he sat back down .

 

     “ .   .   .  Well put you on every news .   .   On every ones tongue “ the accountant added . 

 

    “ .   .   .   you'll be the dream guy .  .   The prince ofthose  stories and then you become a public face.   then the  shareholders will probably beg you to be the c.e.o  “ the excited lawyer that hasn't stopped smiling finished his speech . 

 

    “ .   .    .   Wait ,  wait “ jae rasing his hand up to halt their speech along with their smile paused the whole room . 

 

 

    “ .   .   .   Are you asking me to be public?” jae above all asked the question of what has captured his attention, Becoming known . 

 

   “ .   .   .  Yes , “ the lawyer still standing by his desk offered what the three men have came up with . And all eyes , except hyeon's, went back to jae .   .    .  The room silent as they wait for any type of reaction from the two sitting by the other edge . Hyeon still not fully sure what the whole thing is about kept shut as her brain tries hard to put a hold on what the men are saying . Jae .   . Jae on the other hand knew what they were asking of him . 

 

    “ .    .    . That's the only way you can gain the shareholders to be on your side “ the accountant starting adding 

 

 

   “ .   .    .  They think you are going insane .   .  Look how fast they replaced your seat“ he thre the daily news across the table and it was in bold .  . On the front page of the business front . The new face of jk executive director . 

 

    “ .   .    .   If it's worth the sacrifice , go for it “ joon who still isn't sure about the idea added . His voice had so much hesitation in its tone, it even brought jae out of his own thoughts . It's only in this kind of situation that he gets to hear joons worried and confused tone . 

 

     “ .   .     .   It might be a greater deal to her “ joons words changed the whole room view to hyeon .  . For  second thet have forgotten that their plan includes hyeon and her agreement to be part of it . Even jae startled that he didnt even thought of that made a sharp turn to his right .  , to the girl now nervosus and dismayed by the eyes staring at her just stared back .  .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter