He's back.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            “ Are you okay ?’ Jessica asked as she wrapped herself with the thin blanket she grabbed from the couch and stepped out into the roof.  Hyeon sitting at the edge of the bench didn’t respond. She didn’t even flinch. Her eyes religiously glued to the endless horizon she just sat there. One, two, three . . . the hours have gone by like minutes as she sat there all night mindlessly looking at the distant stars. Right when the second wave of shock settled in her warm tears rolled down her ice-cold checks. As the city and every soul living in it falls asleep and dreams off, the reality of things we’re setting for Hyeon. 

 

                   No matter how much she knew this day would come, it was as though she hadn't prepared herself. Even Though she wished it otherwise she knew there was a day she would meet the people that had abandoned her. She had hoped it would be many years later, maybe even on her deathbed. In that way, they wouldn’t get another chance to drag her through so much pain again. It would have been nice to meet them minutes away before she takes her last breath so she could witness the pain in their eyes as she gets to be the one to leave them behind. As silly as that was she knew it would never happen. She knows her deathbed would only be surrounded by dying flowers. It was foolish for her to even assume anybody would be next to her to hear her last words let alone be in pain while waiting for her to leave them behind.  

 

“We are always alone in this world”

 

                    “We are always alone in this world” her mom would always whisper to her but it took until she was laying on a hospital bed while a knife cut open through her blood-covered flesh to realize that she was never meant to have anything in this world. 

 

Everyone and everything she cherishes would always just vanish like a dream. 

 

They were all like beautiful dreams. 

 

Her parents, her friends, her girls, .... and his name she still can’t muster to say it to even herself.


 

            “ How long have you been here?''Jessica holding her blanket tighter asked. The cold air bushing against her freshly out of a warm bed skin was merciless. she can only imagine how Hyeon sitting with just a shirt and pants would be frozen if she has been out there for a while. Jessica knew she wouldn't get an answer as she glanced at Hyeon’s face and caught the tear marks down her friend's cheek. The tears she had shed for hours were evidence of how long she has been sitting there. “ huh' Jessica sighed as she unwrapped herself and placed the blanket on the frozen Hyeon. There was no word exchanged as they both just sat there glaring at the orange and yellow rays painting the city with a beautiful hue. Jessica knew there was nothing she could say to ease or comfort her friend. Slowly turning her eyes to Hyeon Jessica stole a glance. No matter how much she tried she couldn't even understand an inch of the pain Hyeon must be going through. All she had to do was just be there to catch her friend and lift her up before she hit rock bottom and lost her mind. 

 

            “. . Am fine .  .” before Jessica asked again, Hyeon replied but even she knew nobody was gonna believe that one. Even the people at her office knew she wasn’t the same since that fancy-dressed girl walked into their office on Monday. The shock had tripled the next day when the same girl and, what looked like her sister, walked in on Tuesday. Forget the luxurious coats, diamonds, and million-dollar smelling perfumes, the guards standing by the door were a clear sign these two were from a different class. Even the people from the office next door were shocked beyond belief when they saw the line of black cars pull into their parking lot. Everybody was too dismayed to witness Hyeon walking out with the girls, who looked like heiresses, in her arms wrapped around them. 

 

“  isn’t this beautiful ” Jessica replied, startling Hyeon who glanced at her friend who was staring at the sunrise. 

 

“  it’s a new day”. Jessica added. They both knew life as they had it for the last five years was no more and even though she would jump off a cliff before she admits it, Jessica was a bit happy. 

        Being the only person who witnessed Hyeon's heartbreak to pieces as her body still numb Hyeon opened her eyes to find only Jessica sitting in her hospital room. Thank God for the drugs, Jessica has thanked the drugs that occupied most of Hyeon mind as she wasn’t brave enough to let her know that she was the only one left. 

 

“I’ll make breakfast, go take a shower?” Jessica grabbing on Hyeon's right arm started dragging her towards the house. The latter didn't hesitate, she got up and started ragging her frozen legs. 

 

    “The weather today is ..” the tv in the back goes on as the girls sit across from each other quietly eating their breakfast.  As she brings every bite to her lips Jessica steals a glimpse at her friend who does not look good. 

 

“Should I, should I not?” Jessica hesitates as she takes a bite after another while Hyeon eats while busily going through the pile of paperwork she didn't finish. 

 

“ you must have missed them so much” Jessica bitting her spoon whispered out. she got a small smile back as Hyeon went on with her work.

 

“She has grown so much “: Jessica added 

 

“She has' ' with a bigger smile Hyeon replied as she looked up from her paper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter