behind those eyes.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         " .      .     .   Are you ok?" Lay turned his eyes to hyeon after what seemed like an hour but almost 5 minute of silent drive as the followed  the black car in front of them .

 

     " .   .   .  Am fine " she brushed her hair back.

            " why didn't you tell me ? .    .      ." She turned her eyes to lay .

 

" .   .   .  You didn't ask and i didn't thought it would have mattered " lay smiled getting a little bit confused about the big deal is with Jae saving her.

       

     " .    .      . Of course it matters .   .  .  " she screamed.

" .   .   .  The last i want is to owe that jerk anything " she sighed getting frustrated .

 

     Hahaha" lay started laughing . "That is why you're worried .    .     .    .  Because you owe hyong now"

 

     " .     .      .  Am ' sure he doesn't expect you to reply him back " he added.

 

 " .  .   .  That doesn't matter .    .   .  

       " .     .    .  Its not gonna change the fact "

 

 " dammit " she  cursed. Hyeon is one of those people that have to replay everything someone does for them to an equal extent . One of the thing hyeon hates the most in this world is owing people something.

 

       " his leaving next week .    .    .  

              " you don't  need to worry about him   .   .    . " lay smiled signalling left and merging.     .    .   following behind the car that just turned left.

           

      " this is all your fault .    .    .  " she turned her anger towards lay.

 

   "Me ?  .     .   .  What did i do?"

 

 " .   .   .  You keep dragging me to these events " she brushed her hair back.

    

   "   .    .     .  i wouldn't even know him if it wasn't for you dragging me everywhere"  she added folding her arms her frustration and anger returning to how they were minutes ago.it was better when he was just a jerk .    .     .   It was easier to hate him then. Now he's a jerk who saved her life .    .     .

 

    "   Wa, .     .      .    You're really upset" lay smiled surprised by hyeons anger and annoyance towards his brother.

    

          " .     .      .  I just don't like him,

 

     " I hate owing people i hate anything .   .  .  " she added her brain getting busy think of ways she's gonna get of this debt .

 

     " I think we're here .   .      ." lay announced a couple of minutes later as he pulled onto the grand driveway.

        

  great .     .   .    Lets get this over with hyeon pulled the belt of and opened the door glancing up at the two men already walking up to the entrance.

 

         " i know you're gonna punish me for what all the things i have done in last week or so .    .     .

  

  " .     .     .  This is just the topping on the cake " joon smiled opening the door for Jae, who he forced to the dinner by threatening him  .       .       .   Being one of the only people who know a lot about jae , all his secrets come in handy whenever joon wants  his boss to do something.

 

    " .     .      .   I just made you look nice, you should be thanking me " he added still leading the way to the front desk.

 

       Already prepared after getting joon reservation call , the quarter took the lead and walked them over to their usual seat.

 

 

   " .   .    .  I've already told the chef that your hear and  hia excited to let you try his new dish"  the waiter smiled looking at Jae . .    .   Who pulled his usual seat and sat down, joon sat next to his boss as lay pulled the chair in front of joon for hyeon and sitting down in front of his brother.

 

      " here is our dinner menu .     .      .  " he placed in front of hyeon and lay.

        " i have already sent in for the wine you wanted it will be here in a  couple of minutes .    .    .  " he smiled pulling out his notepad.

 

    " can I get you guys any thing to start off  .     .   .  "

 

" .    .    .   I'll have the fuji apple salad to start with" lay replied still reading the ingredients in the salad he ordered.

   

 "    .       .     .   What ever is the most alcoholic thing you have .    .     .  " hyeons said her words surprising everybody not just the men sitting around the table .    .    .  Even the waiter stared at her for a good couple of seconds before he started  walking back to the kitchen.

 

         "   where is the U.S are you guys going?   .    .     . " Lay asked finally breaking the silence as jae pulled out his phone and started doing whatever that is he does to keep himself busy and to try and not pay attention.

  

  " U.S. .        .     .   Where are not going there, we're going some where exotic "

        " i think we have enough money saved up to live in some tropical country .     .     .  Beachfront property would be nice" joon smiled imagining what their daily life would be .

 

     " there is no way hyung  will live in a tropical country

, he doesn't even look like he likes the sun    .       .         .  "Lay leaned back  as the waiter placed his salad in front of him.  

 

           " haha thats so true.    .    .  His favorite season is winter " joon started laughing .

 

     About 20 minutes in their food was laid out on the table as john and ley went on about from seasons to sports.  Hyeon , eating quietly focused her attention on finishing her meal as fast as possible but .    .      .   The alcohol she has been gulping down is making her appetite slowly disappear.

   

"  who said i can't handle alcohol .    .   .  " hyeon drank her 4 or 5th drink in one go.    .  . With Joon and lay fo used on  discussion it was jae that noticed the small shot glasses that come and go.

         " so , you how come you guys are quite about the land  .    .      ." joon asked trying to make everybody get into one conversation.

   

" I imagined there would be a huge protest like everyday .    .    .       .     .  I haven't heard anything " he added taking a bite .

 

" there are protest but they're pretty small And i don't think the media cares at all  " she replied picking her chopsticks up.

 

    " so you just gave up , i thought you would fight like hell.    .     .      .       .   " he smiled sipping from his wine.

 

" .   .      We ll there's not that much i can do , i have done everything i can " she smiled taking a bite.

 

  " i was expect you to do something to , " lay turned his face to the left

 

" the way your were addressing the issue .   .   .  It seemed like you would have done anything to get the people more money" he added.

 

          Hyeon didn't reply just smiled .    .    .   Laughing hysterically in the inside.

 

" .   .    .  Both your parents are going , they are trying to get rid of the attention from the shareholders meeting" joon took another bite And glanced up at his boss ,who's quietly eating his food , his eyes glued to his phone.

 

     " Is he playing games .    .   . "Lay asked finally unable to hold it in.

 

 " games .    .    .  No no no

           " its stocks .    .      .  

    “ .   .   . Your company stocks are in a  fragile state right now .    .    .   They might sky rocket or drop down after he leaves " Joon , his attention focused on his food took another bite.

 

    " .    .     .  He has to keep a close eye and stay in touch with the brokers like 24/7 .    .      . " He added.

 

   " Really?    .   .    . " Lay asked unaware of how the whole stocks and brokers business works.

 

    " well, you guys have investment in so many thing so yeah its really hard to manage  .   .     . " Joon replied.

 

 " I think you should stay .   .    .     .  You're the perfect man for the job" lay smiled turning his eyes to jae .    .    .  Fingers crossed that he would get a reaction from his brother to even start a conversation to convince him to stay.    .   .  and just like him hyeon and joon both slowly glanced up at Jae.  He didn't reply., just picked  his wine bottle and took a sip.

 

     " .    .    .  I will stay out of your way .    .   .

           " you just handle the business as you want .        .      .  " lay added.

 

     " .    .     . Are you asking him to work for you?" Joon asked trying to make lay understand what his question probably sounds like to Jae.

     

      " no no

              " .    .    . I just want him to stay as he is " lay shook his head and tried clearing the misunderstanding.

 

     " .   .    .  You know your brother is just an employe right .   .   .    .   Unlike you his name is on the payroll" Joon smiled at lays shocked face.

         " he doesn't have a single share in one of your companies .    .       .   " joon added as Jae picked his glass and took another sip.

 

       " .       .     .  So you asking to stay as he is, is you asking him to be your employee" Joon looked up at the confused lay .

 

    " .      .     Dont you think thats a little bit odd " Joon smiled.

 

 " .    .     . I didnt mean it that way , i was just trying to asking him to stay" Lay said hoping his brother doesn't see his offer in that way.

 

     " oh, how nice .   .     .  "

 

   " .     .     .  You really like him don't you? " joon smiled

 

" .    .    .  His my hyong " lay smiled as his comment froze jae's fingers .

 

    " .      .   I wish I had a brother like you " joon said

        " me too .     .      .    " hyeon added .

 

" it would have been amazing to be this loved no matter what .    .       .  " she put her chopsticks down and looked up to find jae looking at her.

 

    " you are lucky to have him   .      .       .  " she said her eyes still on Jae.

         

     " of course he is .     .      .      , " lay said making everybody smile.

   " am the unlucky one for having him as a hyong , aren't hyungs suppose to be overprotective and stuff " he added  .    .     Their conversation is starting to distract jae from whatever he was  doing .

 

    "  I wish I had a little sister that would have been awesome  .    .     .  " lay smiled .

 

  "   .      .      .     am sure she would be the most spoiled girl around , having you as her brother  " hyeon shot his happy  thoughts in seconds  with one sharp comment.

 

   "  or just as ed up as this one .    .   ,  " joon pointed at Jae.

 

       "  I dont know why but most of the inheritors i meet are just so weird and messed up inside .     .       .   I don't know what happened when they are being raised but something is off " joon picked his glass up.

 

     " most people assume money solves everything and just throw  money at every problem .       .          .  

 " .       .      .  You can not compare a kid raised sleeping next to his mom till 4 or 5 , eating his moms food right from her pot .    .     .    .  To a kid surrounded by hire employees 24/7 doing whatever they are told"

 

     Hyeon hit the nail on the head .    .   .  Jae baffled by her comment threw his phone onto the table and sighed pushing his hair back.

 

     " .    .     .   That's so true "joon took a bite .

 

" that explains his personal space problem too .     .     .

          " he gets  furious when strangers touch him  .     .      . " joon added  Jae who wanted to smack joon for all the crazy but truthful comment he makes about him.

 

     " .    .    .   pretty sure he needs a deep deep tight hug to get rid of  all the issues " hyeon said unknowing to her the alcohol finally starting to work.

 

      " .     .     . Am pretty sure he will probably beat them up , once their hands wrap around him" joon started laughing.

 

     " .    .     . Then how does his girlfriend fit into this " hyeon asked finally picking her wine bottle and taking a sip . Jae's furious eyes turned to joon after he spit out the wine he was drinking .

 

    " they are bound to know one way or another .    .    . " joon started tapping his bosses back as the later started coughing. Jae instantly pushed joon’s hands off of his back.

 

   " see he doesn't even like it when i touch him .     .    .  

        

  " .     .      .   It's only tayeon( jae's girlfriend) . Thats allowed to touch him" joon added making Jae even more furious .but the other two started giggling at jae's reaction.

 

    " .     .       She must be really lucky .    .   .  " lay commented

" .    .    . Since am sure you have a great body hidden behind those cloth" lay added with a  big grin on his face that his brother is tolerating their comments and just taking it in.

 

    " he does .    .    .

            "  you do not wanna see it .     .     .   it will kill all your confidence " joon smiled looking at lay .

 

   " .     .   .  Its not fair then,

       " he's smart, he has that face and a great body .     .    .

 

" .     .    . What's left for us "lay  complained making hyeon and joon glare at him immediately .

 

   "Are you complaining ?" Joon asked putting his fork down and staring at lay.

 

       " .   .   . Have you seen yourself in the mirror plus your a billionaire .    .   .

    “     a Billionaire What more do you want" joon asked , hyeon also surprised by lays complaint stared at him waiting for his reply.

 

      "  .    .    . I wanna be like him, .   .   .  

           

    "He's just to .    .    . Perfect " lay said his comment surprising everybody  even Jae , who looked up taken aback by his little brothers comment.

 

       " he runs a whole corporation by himself .    .     .    

 

"  has multiple  degrees  .       .        .  A perfect body

    " a mysterious person to add to that  .     .     ."lay added gulping down all the wine left in his glass.

 

   " .    .    .  I have alwayse wanted to be like him" lay’s comment at some point has turned the conversation tone to serious.as the whole tabel went silent after his comment.

 

  " .    .   .  are you trying  to make my life sound interesting " jae finally opened his mouth .   .   .  taking one of his last bites .

         “  .     .    . No,

               ‘   .     .     .  am’ trying to make you interesting .    .   .” lay replied finally happy that his brother is responding to his comment.

  

     “     .       .      . But when you add his personality into that mix everything  you just listed .     .  .

               “ .     .   .puff     .        .     .disappeared” hyeon took another sip quickly brushing her hair back.  not even paying attention to the men staring at her.

 

 

 

“   .     .       . i don’t even know why his girlfriend tolerates his behaviour       .     .    .

          

    “      .       .         . she need  a prayer” Hyeon added her eyes focused on the wine she was pouring completely not paying attention to the shocked faces of lay and Joon  .     .  .who are trying hard to hold in their laughter.

 

     “ huh .     .  .” Jae sighed brushing his hair back     .     .    . Joon can tell his boss is getting a  little bit frustrated now.  

        

   “ you know , you're talking about some one that saved your life   .   .  .right?” Joon covered his smile with the napkin.

         

   “ It’s common decency to save people      .        .      . does he need a clap for that “ she put her wine glass down and looked up at jae.

   

     “     .      .     . No matter how much I detest you    .      .      .

 

“    .    .    . I would save your life too if you're ever in danger” she gave a quick smile.  After an hour of gulping down countless shots and wine , the  alcohol is clearly starting to work.

       

 “ next time he's in danger  .        .     .I’ll text you” Joon said

 

 “ oh please do ,

          i don’t like owing people anything    .      .   .

              “     .     .    . the faster I do him a favour the better” she gave Joon the same smile.

 

“     .    .   . I never asked you to repay me “ Jae picked 'the napkin up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter