Her office

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      “where is that free way .  .   .” tilted her head and started reading the street names.

    

 “ok  .  .    .got it “ she saw the street name ahead and stepped on the gas.

     

  “were are we going?” Lay asked taking his glasses off and throwing them on the dashboard.

      “ you wanted to eat breakfast so .   .    .so am gonna get you one” she said, with her left hand resting inches aways from his face and leaning towards the right to make sure there was no car coming their way before she merged into the free way.

    “  .    .    .  . and i have somethings to drop by my office .  .    .” she returned her left arm back on to the steering wheel and all her attention straight ahead.

   

 “  I need to be off of work before 5 is that ok  .     .      .      .  

“ .   .  . i have to pick up someone .   .  .” she asked turning her eyes towards Lay

  “  .  .  .sure .  .  .” He replied, picking his phone up and reading the message.

            

  Your father has called everybody for breakfast at the house tomorrow , be there before 7.

     love , mom.

 

 “ can you come early tomorrow,  . . ."

“ .    .     .I have to be at my parents house before 7 “ he threw the phone next to hes glass and glanced at hyeon

   “of course” she replied still looking straight ahead trying to figure if she has missed her exit or not.

       

 10 minutes of silence then Lay spoke

 

 “  .   .  .so how does it feel to be employed to a spoiled brat?” he smiled

  “ it’s going well .    .    

“   .      .       . you seem like a nice boss .     .      .   was it this one or the next”she replied debating where to exit.

  “ . .i think it might be too early to give me the nice boss title “ he tilted his head and read the exit as she turned right and  out of the free way.

 “ . . well compared to your brother  .   .   .you seem to be pretty nice  .    .

 “   .   .   .he would be a nightmare to work for .   .  .”

    

  “ hyong is a really  .   .    .nice .   .person” Lay looked out of his window , he has never seen this place before. Turn after turn each,street ahead is filled with people and slogans.

     

“are you  sure you can drive in here ” Lay sat up and fixed his seat belt, as the car started bumping up and down.

      “ya  .   .  . get out of the way.  .   “  

  .   . . BEEP .   .  . BEEP . . . . . . hyeon pressed on the horn to alert the kid that were walking in the middle.

     

 The car has already caught attention without the horn but now everybody seems to have noticed it and started stepping out of it’s way . As it passes by every body tilts their head to see who was inside.

         She turned right.

  

 “watch out” Lay screamed pointing at the bus coming stright their way

        

   

   “ It’s going that way” hyeon pressed on the break and pointed to the right .  Just as hyeon turned 360 to take in the hotel Lay turned his head 360 degrees to take a mental picture of this place.

      “ you live here?” he turned her eyes, filled with amazement  to hyeon

       “ ya .   .    .are you going or what” hyeon opened her window and screamed at man walking out of the truck standing in front of them.

      “ no  . . .i live way up  .    . .i just work here” she shut the window back up as the man walked back into his truck.

         

Lay , not knowing what to say or do just sat there watching everything around them as she turned , right after right then left to her office.

            She turned the ignition off and opened up her seat belt.

 “ you can wait here .   .   .or you can come with me if you want” she said pulling her bag from the back.

 

  “ you're gonna leave the car here in the middle of the street?” he opened his set belt

     “ sir you can't park here”  someone knocked on lay’s tinted window

  “ Jesus”  Lay jumped up seeing the old man’s face right next to his window.

 

  “ it’s me Mr Lee” hyeon opened up her door and took her head out

       “ oh,  .   .  i thought it was somebody else  .   .

“   .   . .i didn’t know you got a car “ the old man said stepping back.  

  “it’s not mine .    .” hyon brought her head back

      “ so you wanna sit here or what .   .   .?” she asked trying not to laugh at lay’s earlier reaction and how his sitting there like a little who just saw a ghost.

 

  “  am’ coming .  .  .”  he grabbed his glasses and phone and opened his door. The people who were already starting at the car sighed when he walked out , specially the ladies from the beauty shop across the office.    

  “ . .ommo . . ..hyeon is that your boyfriend” Mrs lee asked running out of her shop followed by her customers.

    “anyeooo . . . .” hyeon shook her hands and started walking to the door. lay gave a little bow to the ladies and followed behind

    “ she hasn’t had aboyfried after that idiot dumped her do you think .   .    .  . her next one is gonna be HIM” one of the customers point that Lay, who was bewildered by the fact that the ladies are talking about hyeon right in front of her knowing she could hear them.

    He smiled and quietly followed behind as the ladies kept on taking.

 “ she could if she wants to” Mrs Lee defending hyeon   

       

 “ oh please  .   .  .the only reason the girl passes as a woman is because her Id says so” one of the ladies said and the whole bunch started giggling. Even Lay couldn't take it and started laughing. Hyeon stopped walking and turned her face  

         

 “  Don’t you ladies have better things to do” she forced a smile  

 “ seriously look at her  .   .  .she wears more pants and less makeup than my son . .” one of the ladies added, every body started giggling again, Lay couldn't tae it.

 

   

 

    “ what are you laughing at?” hyeon started at Lay who was laughing hysterically.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter