A nice gateaway.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ Okay, now I am scared,” Hyeon said as they made the third off-road turn into nowhere, holding her seatbelt closer. The narrow road, the tick trees, and the fact that there was no sign of anybody else were finally alarming enough for her.

“your phone is not going to work, so “ His smile, as wide as the scared look on her face Jae gave her another reason to be scared as he focused his eyes on the road. The car started shifting left and right as it left the road and started its journey on the rocks paved pathway; hyeon was finally aware of why they changed cars.

“ where are we going, seriously?’ hyeon scanned the surroundings to only find tall trees and rocks and returned her confused eyes to Jae. Her anxious hands held her seat belt tight.

“ Are you seriously worried?” Noticing her fingers, he asked.

“I physically couldn’t hurt you even if I wanted to.” focusing his eyes on the uneven roads, Jae protested.

“ This is ridiculous” her eye from the GPS that wasn’t even on went to the road. The tress they were leaving behind opened to the tall rocks on both sides of the car. Her worry-filled eyes were occupied with the fascinating scenery around them to notice any of the turns he was making.

“ ready,” Jae asked, getting himself ready to see her reaction to what was coming ahead of them.

“ why should I” her words disappeared as he turned left, and the tall rock n her side cleared to the beautiful view of the beach surrounded by the orange sky and the beautiful glow the setting sun was reflecting on it.

“ my God” Her eyes from the breathtaking view of the horizon and the beach turned to the two houses she could make out from a distance.

“We're going to the right one” he directed her curious eyes to the house on the far end of the right side.

“ This is “

“ Beautiful,” he finished her sentence for her

As the car came to a halt by the big rock hyeon was the first one to unbuckle her seatbelt and slide out of the car heading to the sand and leading to the beautiful water. The moment her bare feet touched the sand she was transported into the beautiful world of the sunset and the breathtaking glow it reflected on the beach. With no one in sight, hyeon wasn’t worried about being seen by anybody else as she quicked her steps to the slowly moving water. Jae behind sent his hand to his pocket as he started his slow walk from the rocks to the sand. Still not sure if he should have brought her to his most treasured hiding spot or taken her to the other beach house, he followed slowly behind letting her enjoy the magnificent sunset and the beautiful horizon. From the looks of it, she seemed enamored by it to the point that this might be something she loved, sunset views by the beach.

 

“ This is so beautiful” turning around she stated glancing at the man following steps behind. Her eyes turning to the water, she quickened her steps across the sand, stopping when she got close to the slow water that was waving back and forth towards her feet.

 

“ Oh God,” she whispered as she took a step further and the cold water brushed her feet. The beauty of it all had taken over her body as she took one step further into the water and took a deep breath.

“ this is” she didn’t even have the words to describe what she was witnessing as she stood there, eyes locked on the horizon that doens’t seem like it has a beginning or an end.

“ it’s a nice calm” jae choosing not to get his shoes wet stood stepes behind her. His hands in his pocket, his eyes moving between hyeon and what has captured her full attention.

“ to escape to” he added as his eyes following hyeon hair she had pulled out the bun. The brown hair flying left and right, finally started resting on her back forcing Jaes eyes to notice the goosebumps crossing her bare skin.His fingers that started playing with one another were subconsciously asking to touch her but were left fighting each other, locked in his pocket while he forced his eyes away from her. He needs to stop looking at her.

“ This is like a piece of heaven” Folding her arms hyeon tried to take in as much of the view as she can. Both decided to just enjoy the moment stood in silence letting the sunset give them some calm.

 

It was all her stress and worry the view had evaporated plus the tipsy state of mind she was in that made her jump up. “ You know i have to try it” turning her head to Jae she gave him a smile. Although the sun had left the day, the light orange hyeon had provided jae enough light to make out the sly smile across hyeon's face.

 

“ This is too inviting and I won’t get another chance ” as her hands went to the waistband of her miniskirt she added.

“ what do” Jae's eyes from her smile followed her hands to her waistband. Her busy hand rotating her skirts zipper to the front she ped

“ wooow” the moment his eyes caught the fishnet of her stocking and the silk shirt that was tucked in Jae turned around.

“ You said that water gives you calm” dropping her skirt to the sand hyeon was busy getting herself ready to jump into the water to notice the man who had turned around and started taking steps away from her, towards the car. He needs to create as much distance between them as possible.

“ That's not a good idea. You do” his hands brushing his hair back Jae tried to proteste but his mind trying to focus on his words rather than what was happening behind him was lost fighting itself to not turn around.

“ come on. You raved about it” next was her thin stocking

“ You don’t have cloth and your no” his protest was cut short when he heard the splash.

“kkk this is cold” came her scream

“ This is so COLDDDDD” she went on screaming as jae slowly turned around to find hyeon fully dunked into the dark water. He could thank the sun that has already set and the almost but not quite darkness that was hiding her body submerged in the dark water.

 

“ This is” he stopped his protest as there was no use for it anymore. She was already in the water. His eyes from the mass he could make in the water turned to her skirt and her stocking she had thrown on the sand. Thanking God she had her shirt and her underwear on Jae returned his eyes to the head that popped out the water.

“HEY” she screamed, her hair slicked back down thanks to the water and her face that was glowing thanks to the low light of the night, jae couldn’t help but be taken aback by the sight in front of him.

“ don’t go far” as she sinked back into the water jae pointed, but she was gone before he finished his sentence.

 

All the stress

All the anger

All the anxiety was gone.

 

Everything had disappeared as hyeon sunk her weightless body into the dark water and let it all heal everything. Her great swimming skills, thanks to the one-year long class she took, she was practicing her amazing underwater breathing skill sshe had been complemented on alot by her instructor. If she could, she would have loved to despair into this endless water. Lost in her own world, hyeon had forgotten about Jae.

“ huh” she took a deep breath as she pushed her head slowly out of the water to find jae sitting on a mat, eyes focused on her. Her skirt and stocking were nowhere to be seen hyeon turned her eyes to the car light which was now . The darkness of the night was broken by the long lights that were aimed at the water, providing them some light. She turned her eyes to jae, whose dark eyes she could still make from this far.

“ you’re not tired?” he asked as he was the only one that noticed she had been away for quite some time. Hyeon who had lost her sense of time was enjoying the, now warm water.

 

“ no” she whispered as she shook her head. Her eyes zooming on the mat he was seated on noticed the towel and folded cloth.

“ Do you do this often?” as she swam a little bit closer so he could hear her she asked.

“ as often as I want” as he adjusted his seat the moment her whole body floating in the water came into a little bit of light. Her body silhouette in the water he could make from this far, he was thankful it was dark enough not to fully see her almost body floating in the same water that has become the only thing that provides him peace. It was beyond enchanting seeing her swimming in his favorite place. The two things that provided some peace were right in front of him.

“ If I was you, I would do this every day” leaning her head back she laid her body down, floating right under the surface.

“How come there is nobody” eyes closed and floating around she asked

“ It’s private property.” his eyes that were stuck like glue to hyeon jae responded wondering what on earth was holding him back from looking away.

 

“ There are only two houses and the other one doesn’t have access to this section” he explained as he started brushing his hair to his face. The fact that he was here alone with hyeon, who was almost swimming in his favorite spot was shocking. Hyeon had been the one and only person to ever do this. Actually to be allowed to do this. This beach house he had kept as his private gate away was now not private anymore.

“ perfect setting to kill somebody” her soft words brought him back to her eyes she slowly opened them to look at the crescent moon and the stars across the dark sky.

“ how many bodies have you buried here?” she asked turning her smiling eyes his way.

“ one or two” his smiles were just as adorable as hers as he leaned back, his hands resting on the edge of the mat. Even tho he hadn’t even stepped a foot into the water, sitting here just watching her had been just as relaxing as diving deep into the dark water he enjoyed most days.

“ You’re a very private person” Her eyes turned to him for a second she locked them with his dark ones forcing them not to leave her site. More than her eyes, it was the whole beautiful view of the moonlight reflected on her clear and majestic face floating across the dark water that had left him unguarded

“ so are you” his boldness was coming from a place of pure curiosity

“ I am an open book. I am easy to figure out ” for the first time he witnessed her arms that swung out of the water before she dived back in

“ you’re not” His eyes following every he followed

“ I am” she turned her focus his way

“That's why people configure me out so easily. Even you

“ I can't hide my emotions very well and am upfront”

 

“ You put on a front” his soft words froze her arms mid-air

“ You're so good at it that people think that's who you really are” his words attacking like an arrow forced everything to halt as her arms folded back into the water to keep herself floating. Her head, the only thing out of the water was turned his ways as her eyes zoomed on him.

“ We see what you want us to see” he added not missing how he has grabbed her full attention and that what he was saying was true.

“ even when you were laying next to me, I barely got a chance to see what you bury deep inside” Unlike her, Jae had hoped she would have opened up on her own time even without him asking but she never did. He had wished she would have at least once felt safe and trusted him but maybe that was why she never did. She never really trusted him and felt safe. Maybe that was why it was easier for her to cut the cord and move on.

“ I never kept anything” her lips she opened to prostes were silenced by his question that came after.

“ Tell me about your father?” Jae asked taking a deep breath. He really had nothing to lose and there was no way she would run away from him now.

 

“Huh” her deep breaths weren’t what told him that he wouldn't get any answer to his question it was her startled eyes. The shocked and confused look all over her face was too much as jae finally turned his eyes away towards the sand by his shoes. No matter what, he still can’t handle looking at her while knowing there was nothing he can do about what she was doing to him just by her eyes.

“ Huh” he took a deep breath as he kept his eyes to the sand and sent both his hands to it. He needs the sensory texture to calm him down.

“ Huh” Hyeon after taking a deep breath snuck into the cold water. Her body needed a wake up call to remind it that it was still floating in water.

 

The next ten minutes went in silence. Hyeon, whose enjoyment of the water was now disturbed by one question jae had brought had lead to the realization that he might not be as blind as the rest of them when it comes to her.

“ am ready to come out” as she stared swimming close to the edge she spoke forcing Jae to look up from his own thought he was lost in.

 

“ Oh” he quickly stood up

“ Here” picking the towel up he started walking down to where the water ends, the same destination she was swimming to. Choosing to stay away, his plan was to place it down closer to the water so she can wrap herself up as quickly as he got out

 

“ it gets cold” the last words were whispered to himself as he place the towel and looked up. Her hair wholly laid back behind her ears, as her hands brushd it all back, hyeon emmegred out of the water with the silk shirt tightly stuck to her visibly bare body.

 

“Uhh” her breath had caught as her eyes locked with his which were unable to hide what he was processing as he was lost slowly taking in her body slwolwy walk out of the water. His eyes she had always known to be dangerous, she should have avoided at all costs but she had no chance not to when they were looking at her as they were.

“ use this” quickly shifting his eyes away and turning around jae pointed at the towel. Befor her legs stepped out of the water jae started taking quick stepes back to the mat he was setting on. His quick hand brushing his hair back were forced to cover his face and help him taken in what he just witnessed before they were sent to his hair.

 

“ Thank you” he heard her voice as she picked the towel and wrapped her body up.

‘Huuu” the cold wind that attack her body rigth when she stped out, wasn’t felt until his eyes left her and he gave her his back. The big blue towel wrapped around her body from her neck to her knees. Hyeon stood shaking her body and trying to make sure she was wrapped.

 

“It’s cold” she whispered as he slowly turned around. She couldn’t quite figure out why he took a step back as he got a full view of her wrapped in his towel. Her face now in full view , he forced his eyes to stay focused on the wet body tightly holding to his towel for dear life. Was she alwasye this pettiet he wondered as she looked smaller than ever while wrapped up tightly in his towel. She looked to intiving to wrap his arms around her shaking body and keep her warm. She looked to adorably small to want to keep in is hands.

 

“ yeah we should get in the”

“ in the car” his stuttering words were a first as hyeon started walking his way.

“ ohhhh its cold cold” shaking her body hyeon tried to quicken her steps. Her wet feet striking in the sand was picking it all up which both had n’t even tought about as they were lost in their own thoughts.

“ I got some “ picking up the folded cloth Jae turned her way

“ got some warm cloth ” he added as his mind was busy reminding him to stay away from this girl as much as possible. The red flags and warning signs were already sent to remind him of how dangerously close he is getting to losing his self control over the one things he would die to have but could not.

“ you're not” he didn’t finish his sentence as both knew what he met but he couldn't even if he wanted to. He was silenced by her ear to ear smile and moonlight eyes sparkling at him.

“ look at this” she pointed at her feet which Jae didn’t do before he shock his head, trying to get her smile out of his mind.

“ This is gonna make your clean car dirty” she lifted her left leg covered in sand.

“ I know you're a neat freak” she added reminding both of how even his beach gate away car was super clean and organized.

“ I can dip my feet back in the water and you can carry me to the car” she solved the problem before Jae even got to it. The man was still taken by her smiles that have turned into tiny laughters, he was not even sure of what the problem she was talking about was as he agreed to the solution.

“ Sure’ he agreed as he tried to remind himself of all the breathing and calming techniques he had learned for years. Unlike his slow steps to the water hyeon was taking quick ones. She wanted to get away from the cold weather as soon as possible.

 

“ Oh ’ she cursed as her feat landed back into the freezing cold water.

“ get off” her whole attention focused on making her feet clean she didn’t catch jaes hand he placed on his pocket after placing the folded cloth over his left shoulder and heading her way.

“ this is so cold” she forced his eyes to her feet which were now as clean as they could be.

“ good. Come on” she commanded, turning her attention to him.

“ it’s cold, jae” she added as she witnessed the hesitation with his hands that slid out his pocket. Leaning down, his left arm curved right under her knees, while his right hand held her back. Her slim body was so easy to lift up. Even the tipsy hyeon was surprised by how easy he made it look as he lifted her body up like it weighed nothing.

“ ohh” she whispered inwards as her body left the ground and rested against his shoulder.

“ ohh’ another breath was whispered in as she looked up and met his dark eyes that were as close as ever. Her small frame felt even smaller as he held her closer to his chest. Neither the feeling nor her body being held in his arms felt new. It was shocking to both how this felt beyond natural. Even days after the alcohol leaves her body, hyeon will recall what felt like to be held in his arms. If she was to be honest with herself, she would realize how it was just as calming as being in the endless water she was floating in.

“ why is it so cold” trying to cut whatever was building, hyeon broke the silence. Jae didn’t respond as he turned his eyes to the car ahead and started his walk.

“ huh” hyeon wasn’t even able to hide what was happening as she took a deep breath and noticed how the shirt she was laying against smelled just like the towel she was wrapped in. It was a smell she recognized very well and one that accompanied very intimate memories she didn’t have with anybody else but with him. Thanks to his t-shirt, whose two buttons were open, her curious eyes got a good glance at his skin underneath. Maybe it was the alcohol, may be it was the beautiful sunset and crest moon and the mood they created, maybe it was the relaxing swim, maybe it was being held against his chest that had evaporated every thought out of her mind except the one that wondered if his skin felt just as soft as it used to. The thought she had no control over had forced her eyes to trail up, marveling at his skin which her eyes couldn't even hide away how she wanted to touch. His jawline she was jealous of weren’t the focus for today as his lips which he was biting all day, got her attention. Her brown eyes were blessed as his tongue slowly brushed his lower lip which he bite in. It wasn’t even a conscious decision or a choice she made as her body was gentily reminded of what his lips can do when they touch her skin. The trance they can place her in with even the softest kisses, hyeon was quickly reminded of why it was never and will never be a good idea to be touched by this man, let alone be held against his chest like she was now. This was not a good idea.

 

“ You have to cover your head,” he whsiepred , his raspy voice immediately forcing her eyes up to his that were focused on the car.

“ huh” the deep breath he took she was physically awar of as he held her body closer to his chest. His body who would tell her anything she wanted to know made it apparent how she was disturbing his breathing. His chest she was resting against going up and down with his heavy breathing was one thing but what did it for her was his heart beating, her head laid against.

“ ” she caught his whsipere as they finshed the sand and started walking on the rocks. Although she woudldn’t bet money on it, she would guess that he really was awar of her eyes. That he could feel the ever so curious eyes of her that were scanning him. She could have spent a second to wonder what he was cursing at but she was lost in her own thought of wondering what was happing to her and why she was being bothered by the man she now claims she doesn’t have feelings for anymore. Her mind processing everything that was happening wasn’t in full control as her heart that had been forced to pull its gates down thanks to everything that has happened since the moment they sat together at lunch was in full control. As her body was held even closer to his beating heart, It’s the small sense of safety and being protected that ultimately won her over and without even realizing it got her talking

 

“ I don’t like talking about my father” his eyes were quick as they looked down at her but quickly turned to the car that was three steps away from him. Unlike her , jae doesn’t need any memory to warn him of the danger of looking at her while she was in his arms. He had already crossed the line he had set for himself, and the only thing he was focused on was getting her body to the car and staying away from her as possible.

“ he wasn’t a nice person,” She added, turning her eyes away from him to the water they left behind. Her hands squeezed the towle to calm her anxiety down. Hyeon didn’t even notice that her nervous hands had grabbed a hold of his shirt along with the towel whi,ch she squeezed into her hands. Unlike every inch of jae was aware of everything that was happening . The small tug he felt reminding him of how scared, broken and vonurable Hyeon was at the moment.

“ It hurts to talk about him,” she added to the words she spoke by passing all the alcohol and ease the cold swim had provided and hurting right at where it always does. The mountainous pain that lives hidden in her heart only needed an instance to come rushing. Hyeon trying to stay in control bit her own tongue and tried to swallow everything down. Even though she wasn’t ready to process it or recognize it, being in his arms had helped slowly fade the feelings that came rushing.

The hood of the car opened all the way up. Jae was gentil as he leaned down and placed her body down to sit on the edge.

“ change into this” his soft voice hit her ears as he lifted the cloth from his shoulder and landed it on her lap. Giving her the space she needed. He took two steps away from the car and turned around, giving her his back. His hand slowly heading to his pocket slowed down when they got to his shirt right where she had squeezed it. The tug he felt across his shirt was sent right to his heart that she pulled at when he caught her breaking voice that was trying to hide away even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter