It's your dream.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment the cloth that would cost them a couple of years of saving to buy was returned to the stores, the events of that night were left behind as the days went on and both Hyeon and Jessica focused on the millions of things they have to do. One of the new things on their agenda was helping Mrs park find a new location with teh full 1.2 million they received. With the few governmental vouchers and assistance, Min was able to find for them, they were all excited about the list of locations they were scheduled to visit. The list that has taken 2 weeks to organize needed to wait another week for Hyeon to have some free time to tag along to.

The list that had taken two weeks to organize was as useless as they come. After spending a whole day driving around and looking at the spaces, there was not a single one they liked.

 

“Hyeon you had a call from Mr. Kim” the secretary had walked into Hyeon's office following the three ladies that just arrived from their trip to the last place on their list. Mrs park headed to Hyeon’s fridge to get some water as Jessica kicked off her shoes and laid down on the couch.

“He said to make sure you submit the auction item by tomorrow because teh auction is the day after tomorrow”. The secretary placed a few papers on Hyeon's desk.

 

“What is this about?” Hyeon asked not even glancing at the paper she was too busy taking off her jacket and coat.

 

“Mr. Kim, the director from Brand new construction” the secretary pointed at the paper as she got everyone’s attention as they all recalled what happened in Jae’s office weeks ago.

“ For the auction this Friday, he said to submit some auction item by tomorrow”

 

“Also, he sent the invitation to the auction and the charity gala on Saturday” She started walking around the room and handing each of them their own invitations.

 

“ This just says charity gala?” Jessica the ever-observant one asked as she slowly started sitting up. What happened in Jae’s office was supposed to be it. She hadn’t even thought about the possibility of Jae and Hyeon running each term on multiple occasions. It was supposed to be a shocking one-time thing, at least that’s as far as she had thought about it.

 

“Yes, he said not all fo you have to attend the auction but you have to be there at the Gala”

 

“ he said to shake some hands and make him look good” the secretary air quoted as she was told exactly what she was told.

All eyes from the luxurious invitations were sent to Hyeon who took a second to read the whole invitation.

 

“ I will pick some of the paintings and take them there” Mrs park placing her water on the table sat next to Jessica. HS needs to sit for this one, her leaves that have been walking around were starting to hurt a bit.

“ We got out money so it is okay to give 3 or 4 signed printings” she added

 

“I will go to the auction, you two don’t have to be there” she offered the most effective solution she could come up with for the Friday night auction. How hard participating in a charity auction can be and the most important question was about the Saturday dinner charity event.

 

“ about Saturday '' they all turned towards Hyeon. She was the one who had to decide about Saturday.

 

“ Hello” all their attention turned from Hyeon towards teh girl who just walked into Hyeon's office.

 

“There was nobody at the front desk,” Seung added as she pointed at the secretary's desk. The stunning loom on everybody's face seemed like they needed an explanation as to how she got in.

 

“Good afternoon welcome” Hyeon, dropping the invitation in her hands, stood up to head to the girl.

 

“Good afternoon” Seung let the secretary pass her and out the door before she turned to Hyeon and started walking to her desk.

 

“ How are you?”Jessica placed the invitation on the table. The girl she hasn't seen for weeks wasn’t as joyfull as the first few times she came to visit them. Mrs. Park, who had no idea who the girl was, focused her eyes on every item of clothing the girl had. It was no help tho, the price tag of the overcoat and gloves she had on was enough to let anybody know she comes from real money.

 

“I am doing fine. Sorry for not coming often” she placed her overcoat, she just took off, on the arm of the chair she gracefully sat on.

 

“ I have been a bit busy with work and projects' ' she gave Hyeon sitting in front of her with a small smile.

 

“That's okay” Hyeon was always ready to forgive anything the girls did.

 

“ This is Mrs. Park '' Hyeon introduced the two as Seung stood up and gave the lady a full bow.

 

“ She works with Us, well actually we work for her” hyphen tried explaining the weird friendship, work, and mother-daughter dynamic they have with Mrs park. Mrs. Park who has a spare key to their house was more than just an employer or a friend to both Hyeon and Jessica.

 

“Nice to meet you. I am seung”

“I am Hyeon's . . . “ she sent her confused eyes to Hyeon

 

“I am Hyeon's friend,” the confusion on the girl’s face said it all. Whatever weird relationship she had with Hyeon was not well defined with set boundaries.

 

“ She is Jae’s daughter” Jessica leaning closer whispered at Mrs park but everybody heard it.

 

“ adapted” Seung added when she registered the confused look on Mrs park. She might not know him well but he looked way too young to have a daughter this old.

 

“ Nice to meet you” Mrs. Park gave the girl one of her famous smiles. She is dying to know how she ended up adopting a girl who Hyeon knows. This was part of the story Jessica has cut out and something Mrs. Park is heavily interested in as of this moment. Every glimpse she gets into Jae and Hyun's pats, teh more she is drawn into it and what went wrong. She has spent some time collecting information from every joke, every conversation, every story . . . but no matter the amount of detailed information she collected from Hyeon and Jessica a big part of the story was missing.

 

“I work for a woman’s shelter

 

“The one that settled for 1.2” Seung added cutting and surprising Mrs park.

 

“ I read the report” she adjusted her dress as she sat back down on her chair.

 

“It was big news,” she added, noticing the surprised faces.

 

“How is 1.2 million a big news for a corporation that is eating half of the ci

 

“Not the 1.2 you walking in that building” Seung stopped Jessica's banter as she sent her eyes to Hyeon sitting in front of her. She is a little bit surprised Hyeon didn’t expect her to know about what she did.

 

“ Everybody was shocked”

 

“I was just doing my job” Hyeon's defense was quick

 

“ I didn't think you would have done that” treading lightly with her words Seung whispered out as she hid her eyes from Hyeon and sent them to the table in between then

 

“ I was just there to get my client what she wanted” Hyeon pointed at Mrs park who instantly gave seung a small smile.

 

“Nothing more, nothing less”

 

“ I saw the pictures. That was not just your job” Seung's boldness had surprised even Jessica who remembers the fearless high school that used to grill Hyeon.

 

“ You wanted a small revenge and you got it “ Seung's eyes were now directed right at the shocked Hyeon.

 

“ getting 1.2 for a land is not what I would call revenge, it was a business deal” Jessica as always jumped in to defend her friend.

 

“ maybe we should have asked for more”

“ maybe even 10,000,000 just for pain and suffering for the last five years

 

“Why are you here?” Hyeon immediately changed the topic before it turned into a fight

 

“Well I have been working on a project that I want to show you”

 

“why us?” Jessica was always the one to ask whatever comes to her mind

 

“ Well, I would love to show you everything, if you two have some time” she pointed at the meeting room next to Hyeon's office.

 

----------- ----------------

 

After an interesting 25 minutes presentation, everybody in the room was too confused and stunned to say anything as it turned quiet. They all needed way more than 25 minutes to process what was just presented to them. Mrs. Kim who was tagged along sat at the corner keeping her eyes glued to the budget page of the presentation. She had even put on her reading glasses to make sure the money she saw was an actual number. How rich are these people? Has been a question she has been asking since they walked out of Jae’s office. Her brain is not able to comprehend even having 1 million let alien the millions this girl is throwing at Hyeon's hands.

 

“ so you want us to build up your foundation?” Jessica, who was still processing what was being asked of them and all the talking in circles Seung did, asked

 

“ well kind of” the hesitation in Seung’s voice was a clear sign of how nervous she was. Her fidgeting fingers she was trying to hide behind her back, were another. She has promised she will do whatever it takes to get Hyeon to say yes, but now standing in front of her, she was beyond scared and not even sure Hyeon would agree to even respond to the offer.

 

“ Me and my team built it with you and your goals at the center '' she added, keeping her eyes on Jessica who, just like everybody else in the room, was still too busy reading the file in front of them.

 

“ We analyzed your organization and all the cases and projects you have take

 

‘Wait how did you get that information?” Jessica cutting in asked

 

“Well, there are people for that” Seung smiled

“ They created a report about everything you did and do”

 

“I want to see that report “ Hyeon finally spoke, glancing up at Seung. The fact that there is a report done on everything they have done and their whole organization was something Hyeon will just let go. She cares about her work too much not to see other people’s analysis of her work and considering the type of smart people JK has, she can bet that report will be very detailed and amazing.

 

“ Sure I can get you a copy” Seung gave her a small smile

 

“ So your budget is 50,000,000?” Mrs. Park wasn’t sure if she was allowed to ask questions or why she was even in the room asked.

 

“ well yes, the company now spend about 50,000,000 yearly on different charities”

“ We just want to collect all that and channel it through one foundation” Seung couldn't help but smile at the shocked face of Mrs. Park and Jessica. Hyeon even though she tried to hide it was stunned by the amount of budget Seung has in her hands. Hyeon couldn’t even think about the amount of things she can do if provided a 50 mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter