Surprise Visit

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Huh” Mrs. Park couldn't help but sigh as she kept her eyes on the chandler that had kept her attention from the moment she was seated in the lobby. Her blue bag matching her coat was seated right next to her feet as she sat on the long couch admiring the grand lobby of the Jk corporation headquarters. She might not know exactly how rich this family was but just the exquisite art pieces and one ceiling if the building was enough to give her a hint.

What does one have to do in their previous life to be blessed with so much on this one? She asked as she set her eyes on the wall-to-wall screen that was displaying the many corporations Jk owns. Maybe they saved the king? She assumed as the silent video went on showcasing five-star hotels after five-star hotels owned by them.

 

“Hugh” she sighed as her shoulders slouched down. It wasn’t even possible for her brain to compare their lives to hers. She definitely must have killed a monk in her past life. That was the only excuse for the punishment she is receiving in this life. Her life spent helping people survive and live in peace was in question as she sat right in front of the big display of one of the richest families in the country.

 

Life is not fair. A small smirk escaped her cherry-colored lips but before she felt sorry for herself she was quickly reminded of the shaking body she saved days ago. For all the money he had, which Mrs. Park couldn't even imagine but wanted to know, he was ready to exit this world. Uncrossing her hands she reached to her sleeve, pulled it up, and glanced at her watch.

 

12:39 p.m. - she has been sitting here for over an hour now. The beautiful front desk that had informed her the executive director was out and doesn't have any time in the day to see anybody, was right. It was silly of her to assume she can just drop by and see the director. He was a busy man with a tightly packed monthly schedule which the front desk showed Mrs park. Her beautiful smile and motherly tone were as useful as ever as she avoided being escorted out and somehow convinced the front desk to just let her sit in the lobby and wait. Her offer to wait on his floor was denied as they allowed her to sit at the main lobby and wait.

 

Maybe this wasn't a good idea she concluded as she lifted her bag and started looking for her phone. But it was no use as it was thrown back in seconds as she glanced up and noticed the two men that walked into the lobby. All the full bows the men were receiving was one clue she didn't need as there was no mistaking the tall figure.

 

Startled by the voice that shouted his name Jae had turned in her direction. There were not that many people in this building that called him by his first name. There were no women who called him by his first name in this building, except his girlfriend.

 

“Oh god,” Joon, whose mind associates Mrs. Park with Hyeon, quickly glanced around expecting to see Hyeon.

 

“Hii” Mrs park halting her quick steps a foot away from them sent her big smiles Jae’s way

 

“Hiii” Her smiles were matched by his as he sent his phone to his pocket.

 

“ What are you doing here?” Jae asked as Joon gave the security and the front desk that were about to head his way a small sign. His small excitement to see Mrs park was noticed only by her as Joon who was for once relieved Hyeon was nowhere in sight.

 

“I was in the neighborhood and wanted to say Hi” Mrs park who still wasn’t sure how her presence would be taken smiled back. His dark eyes look more alive than the last time she saw them. The small dimpled on his left cheek faded as quickly as it formed. The tiny but very prominent freckles on his right cheek leading to his neck, every corner of his face were taken in by Mrs. Park who was relieved to see some color and light on the beautiful face in front of her.

 

“You wanted to say hi to me?” Jae pointed at himself, sounding more surprised than excited about it. He would bet all his money there was more than a simple “hi” waiting for him and it wasn’t only him. Joon, who sent his questioning eyes to the lady, started wondering what this lady was up to now. Considering her association with Hyeon, he could expect something scary to come out of this surprise visit.

 

“ Yes, and I wanted to see you”

“ See how you're doing” Mrs. Parks' big smiles and worried-looking eyes finally turned to Joon. Her eyes were only following the confused look on Jae and his turn towards his right-hand man, who always helps make sense of everything.

 

“Hello, I am joon” Joon gave a small bow and extended his hand as he focused his eyes on the elegantly dressed lady who gave him a small smile.

 

“I know” Mrs. Park was quick to reach and meet Joons right hand. Her soft grip and warm smile would have been able to meet any of Joon’s worries about her association with Hyeon but it didn’t. There was something.

 

“You're the right hand” She gave him a quick smile Joon could swear there was something off with this lady as he took in her sparkling eyes and beautiful smile.

 

“Is that what she said I was?” Joon pulled his hands back as he was sure Hyeon had filled Mrs park with all the information she needed to know who is who and all that they have done. Immediately, his face turned cold and blank. The piercing eyes of the lady in front of him, he was sure were judging him and he needed to get himself ready.

 

“ You’re more handsome than I thought” Mrs. Park’s smile quickly eased his worry. Her warm eyes didn't look like they were disappointed by him or hated him as they stayed on him for a while. Maybe Hyeon didn’t say anything. Or maybe this lady was just too nice to give everybody a chance. Considering what she does for a living, Joon assumed that it was just in her nature to make people feel at ease and not judged.

 

“ oh, hahaha” his shy smile was endearing as Mrs park registered the small signes exchanged between the two men. It was easy to assume the relationship between the boss and his right-hand man was beyond any typical relationship. Their quick glances, facial fractions, and gestures were simple but very effective methods they have learned to communicate which often takes years to develop.

 

“ How are you?’ Mrs. Kim followed Jae as both men started walking to the elevator. Her eyes had not failed to notice all the looks she was getting as the three walked across the lobby.

 

“am good” Jae replied

 

“Is he?” turning her eyes to joon by her left side she asked

 

“No” Joon replied as he pressed up.

 

“Why are you here?” Jae asked, he needed to change the topic before he was grilled about how he was doing. Although not discussed, both Mrs. Park and Joon knew what he was avoiding by changing the subject.

 

“ The money for the shelter has been transferred” Joon, who had made sure everything was done as fast as possible and had made sure there was no reason for heyon to step foot in this building, started with a questioning look. It was his job to protect Jae and after they landed in seoul that has come down to making sure there was no situation in which Hyeon is anywhere close to his boss.

 

“ I know” Mrs. Park gave him a small smile

 

“I just wanted to see how you were doing?” She took two steps in and stood next to Jae. Joon, who has chosen to just watch the interesting interaction between the two, chose to stand in the back.

 

“ I was worried about you” her words startled both men but for different reasons.

 

“ I know you're probably not sleeping enough or eating right” Joon, who still can’t figure out what was happening, was left shocked as he followed Mrs. Park's right hand that landed on Jae’s hair and started brushing it back, behind his ear. Jae’s smiling cheeks were on full display as he turned his eyes to the woman forcefully trying to place his hair behind his ear.

 

“Are you spying on me?” Jae, adding more shock to Joon, leaned closer and lowered his shoulder to make it easier for Mrs. Park to brush his hair back.

 

“ Who needs spying, have you seen the dark circles under your eye?” Slowly pulling her arm back down she pointed at his eyes that weren’t hiding anymore.

 

“ and your body, that's all bones” she added as her right hand squeezed his arm.

 

“Aww’ Jae protested at the tight grip holding his arm. His smiles that had been present the moment he saw the lady were even bigger now as Joon’s brain was busy trying to process what was happening in front of him. Nobody including Hyeon has ever gotten this kind of reaction from Jae when they first met him. It takes years and years to build trust and relationships before he even lets ppl touch his body let alone bring big smiles and joy from a simple gesture. The only ppl that automatically got to him have only been the kids.

 

“ What's the use of all the money if you are not even eating right” her hand landed a small slap on Jae’s back before she brought it back to herself.

 

“ Did you eat lunch ?” her questioning eyes were not shocked as Jae shook his head.

 

“ Do you know what time it is?” pulling his hand out of his pocket, she pulled his sleeves down and brought his watch up to his face.

 

“It’s lunchtime” she added pointing at the watch which probably cost as much as her house.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter