Don't invite me.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          "     .      .    .   It's not that i don't wanna help , you know how much i would love to help if i can but am busy " hyeon held the phone by her shoulders tightly against her ear as she went on typing the couple of last paragraphs left for her report .

     

           " .     .     .    Management report .   .    .  "

 

 

   Jessica whispered pointing to the thick folder she placed on hyeon desk and as quietly as she came in walked out . Hyeon , after giving jessica a quick smile as she closed the door,  picked the folder up  and put it in the last drawer of her desk.  She has so much to do before she starts proof reading their reports that are gonna be handed to the  c.e.o., who got here yesterday .

 

     "   .    .   .      I mean I got the event approval , I got the dj and all the games and stuff.   .   .   What do you need me for after all that " her fingers started frantically moving across the keyboard again.

.  

    Hyeon hates this job , there's no doubt about that . From the crazy long hours and even the weekend emergency meetings  to the massive amount of reports and files she has to submit , this is a very tiring and exhausting job if you weren't fond of it to begin with. With almost every minute of her day wasted in this massive building her time not just with the kids but all the social works and volunteering she use to do has been thrown out of the window.

           

        Even the  charity money appropriation lay has promised she would be in charge of is out of the window as they found out it gets handled by a different team . She has submitted a request for it to be transferred as a duty of the general manager but ,just like everything else  she has requested, nothing has been processed . She’s even convinced they probably threw the paper right when she walked out of there office . Add that to her already frustrated mind and her hate for this job just gets deeper and deeper .

 

    " .     .    .  I promised you i would be there  so i will,  i will even be there on saturday to help set up , i'm not joking .   .   .  "  she went on typing .

 

      " .    .   .  You know i can't bring him " she stopped typing and picked the phone  .   .   .  

 

    " .     .     .   Everything he attends needs to be approved by the pr team , i can't just make him do that " hyeon leaned back and started explaining the harsh beat down she got from the managing director and the pr chief when she took lay to a fundraising one of her friend organized for some ngo , weeks ago.

 

       One last thing she had a hope for , when her money appropriation as denied, was being able to use lay as a means to get media attention to some causes she supports . Since the general manger of jk if he attends a charity event or a fundraising supporting a cause it will be huge. But no .     .     .    since his representing the company, now can only support cause that have been carefully picked by the pr team not to cause an controversy. So using lays position was out of the window too.

 

    Even if it wasn't,  with the way lay has been treating her for the last couple of days , it doesn't look like he would even wanna listen to what she has to say. He has been acting distant , from hiring a driver to choosing to attend meeting by himself  lay has been cutting the time they would have had to spend together hour by hour . After asking him about it multiple times even hyeon has given up trying when he doesn't even wanna listen and just walks off while shes talking .

 

     Even jae no matter how he resented her at first , or so she thought, didn't walk off when she was talking . That's just basic respect. After that incident which even jessica witnessed hyeon has intern avoided lay just as much as he pushed her aside. Coming in early and placing his schedule and his reports on his desk before he arrives and sending jessica for important meetings and emergency ones.

 

   “ How can he just turn to a completely different person " hyeon has wondered for days trying to understand what might have cause his 180 degree change it attitude. She and jessica have came up with so many theories but not one that sticked or was strong enough to make him be this distant.    

 

   "   .       .    .   May be reverse psychology will work "  hyeon has suggested as a jock but after a quick laugh both girls tough it might be a good idea and that's how hyeon started giving him a test of his own medicine , which lay probably didn't even thought of .

 

          Having not to follow him 24/7 once his inside this building,  hyeon has found a lot of free time to write the extensive reports she has to submit to the C.E.O.  and also be able to actually read about the endless number of companies they own.from hotel chains to apartment building chains to resorts tv stations entertainment companies  .   .   . There seems to be nothing there hand is not in and that is not even the full list .   .   .   She cant even access the full list of things with the jk stamp on their backs.

 

           She has gotten in a heated debate with jessica over their right to own all this and be able to create a monopoly, which not even half way through jessica gave up since she brought the topic up just to hear hyeon debating .        .   Even jessica knows she has no chance in winning against hyeon . But even though she loses or forfeits every argument she always starts the argument as they have an hour to enjoy their lunch; ranging from the company to family to hyeon's looks and why she should cut her hair short enough so it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter