Early Morning

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mrs Park, who woke up at 4 a.m. had spent the last 3 hours trying too hard to think of why she had fainted and couldn't come up with an answer as her memory wiped out everything that happened yesterday. She had spent hours after hours trying to remember but there was nothing. No memory of anything but waking up in a hospital bed. The luxurious room she was in and the great view of the city had given her the perfect space to just rest and sit still.

 

Maybe she was getting too old but this was a first. It was time she couldn't remember an incident. Could it be dementia? She has asked the doctor and knowing everything is paid for he has ordered every test available. All of which didn’t indicate the early stages of dementia. She even recalled moments from her high school and elementary school, let alone things that happened two days ago. “ Sometimes it happens” both Hyeon and Jessica have tried to help her accept what happened just to be something random but normal.

 

“Huhhh” she sighed as she sipped her coffee as she focused her eyes on the skyline of the city that was waking up. It was a beautiful morning and she took it all in as it will be her last time watching the sunrise from this view. Hyeon, who was delegated to pick her up in the morning, will be here in a few hours and she knows being catered to will be back to reality once she leaves this building. 3 days of being catered to were enough.

 

“Good morning” Jae’s voice disrupted her focus.

 

“Good morning, what are you doing here?” The surprised look on her face was adorable as she glanced at the clock. 6:45 am. And then back at the man walking into the room. His dark blue suit was a change she noticed as she for the first time was able to see his face before he started his day. He looks a bit healthier and has a little glow about him in the morning. No matter how many times she shakes it off, how deadly handsome he was something she still is not used to. The small smile that escaped her lips as he brushed beautiful hair back and gave her a glance, his dark eyes would have been enough but the dimple that forced as he matched her smiles and smiled back was too adorable.

 

“I wanted to check on you before you left” he stopped by the neatly presented breakfast buffet at the corner and started pouring himself some coffee. For someone who she was told was an to the core and uncaring to people he doesn't know, he seems to care at least a bit about her well-being to be here.

 

“ How did you know I was leaving?” still not over the surprise, she asked, forgetting that his family owns the hospital.

 

“ the doctor” Jae responded, returning her smile with a small smile. It was easy for him to notice that she was surprised by his presence. Was he not supposed to visit her? At this point, he doesn’t know what he is allowed to do and not with strangers. Socially with strangers who are close to hyeon. He knew coming early in the morning would be a great way to avoid running into anybody but see if Mrs park was fine.

 

“ he said you're perfectly fine” he took the first sip of the coffee. Mrs park who is still mesmerized by his presence was focused on the cup that just left his lips. Her stares were noticed as Jae brushes his hair back to his face to hide away from the eyes he knew were focused on him.

 

“ Yes, I am. Apparently, sometimes your body shuts down randomly” she started walking to the couch set. She wasn’t sure how long he was going to be here but she had to sit for however long the conversation lasted.

“ Are you heading to work?” she asked, scanning him up and down which he noticed as he followed her eyes and scanned himself up and down.

“ Yes, this was on our way so “ he explained as he ed his coat. Hoping that will make him look less on work mode. She has heard it again and again how one of his suits is thousands and thousands of dollars. Even if she didn't hear it, looking at the fabric and the exquisite tailoring, one could guess these were regular suits.

 

“ Where's your right hand?” she asked

“ He’s making some calls in the hallway” he pointed at the wall that was separating them and the hallway Joon was walking back and forth as he tried to make sure Jae’s schedule was set for today.

“ I've never seen you without a suit?” unable to get over the wonderful suit he had on she asked without even wondering if it was an appropriate question to ask.

“You always see me in a work setting” he took another sip as he started heading to the couch set she was seated in.

“ I look different at home, '' he added for a second, making Mrs Park wish she knew him beyond work and got a glimpse of the person he was at home. According to Hyeon he was a completely different person when he wasn’t in work mode.

 

“I don’t look like this at home either,'' she added, pointing at the hospital gown she had on.

“Even in this hospital, these things are not flattering,'' she added, forcing a smile out of him.

“You look beautiful so I dont think it's that bad” the compliment rolled off his tongue easily. He knew it from the first time he met her that she was beautiful and beyond elegant.

“ That is a basic compliment, you have to come up with something original” she responded hoping she will be able to see him smile again by turning the conversation into a playful one.

“ hahaha “ he smiled as he placed his coffee on the table between them and sat down on the couch in front of her.

“I mean if I tell you that you're handsome that is not a compliment. You hear that every day” she added again forcing another smile on his face.

“Or if I say youre smart. '' His reaction halted her words as she caught every muscle movement on his face as his smile got bigger and his right hand started brushing his hair to his face. The little hint of red on his cheeks was too cute if she hadn’t thought it was just her imagination and not something she witnessed in real life as jae tries hard to hide his face with his hand.

“ But if I say you have a captivating smile that disarms people” she added as she started her hypothesis that he might be really shy as his whole body was reacting to what she was saying and he was trying to hide his eyes as much as he could.

 

“ which explains why you don't actually smile a lot. Because you enjoy making people work hard to see it” she winked at him as she pointed at him

“I see you” she added

“ trying to hide behind this hair I can’t wait to shave off but you know exactly what you are doing” for the first time she was able to hear him laughing. Really laughing out loud. Not a simple smile but honestly laughing

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” He leaned and picked his coffee up. The light on his face was something new.

 

“ Oh you do” she added, catching every reaction as he bit his lower lip to keep his laughter in. There are some moments that explain how he probably completely disarmed hyeon and had her falling head over heels for him. They are very rare but in those few moments, Mr Park could understand how he was able to win over her.

 

“You don’t get to win against a person like Hyeon without knowing that” she noticed how bringing her name didn't fade his smiles away. He just took a sip and placed the cup down.

“ You know exactly what you're doing”

“ SEE” she said as her eyes got bigger and she pointed as he slowly brushed his hair back and sent his focused eyes on her.

“ I am not doing anything” he protested.

“Of course you’re not” she added, crossing her arms.

 

“ I would like to see you without a suit one day. it might be the luxurious suits”

“ hahaha” he started laughing knowing how he looks like a mess when he is not in the suit.

“ There's a dinner for something tomorrow night, you're more than welcome to join” he extended the invitation for the dinner he was reminded of before he left the house. He wasn’t caught off guard by how casually he had just invited this random lady to his house. He should have been curious why it didn't feel odd to do so.

“ Are you inviting me to your house?”

“ well that's the only place where am not in a suit”

“ It would be odd for me to show up in your house. I’m just a stranger” even though she was flattered by the invitation she knew how awkward and weird it would be to sit with his family when she doesn't even know him that well.

“You will fit right in seconds and am sure they will like you”

“ The kids might take some time but everybody else is fine” he added knowing she will have some questions directed at her from the kids.

“ How are the kids”?

“They're doing great” his response was quick and short.

 

Even if she didn’t know if it was appropriate to bring a Hyeon again “ You know she is trying to make Hyeon the head of the Organization she is creating?’ Remembering the offer that is sitting on Hyeon's desk, Mrs park zoomed her eyes on his face to see if there will any change.

 

“ I know” his smile slowly started fading away as he picked his coffee and took a sip.

“ She spent so much of the companies money that I will have to answer for’ he took another sip

“ haha, like you don't have enough money” Mrs park quickly shut the notion that he needs to explain anything for anybody down.

“ It’s not about the money, it's oversight” he took his last sip and placed the cup down.

“ She can't just do whatever she wants with the company logo on it”. The little frustration was clear in his voice but she wasn’t sure if he was frustrated because of Hyeon being asked to run it or the reasons he was laying out.

 

“ Hyeon is gonna accept btw” Mrs park jumped in before he said anything else.

“ She could change so many lives and create amazing programs. She is not gonna say no to this amount of money and power” she added hoping to give him a heads up will prepare him for the inevitable.

 

“So she doesn’t mind using the company logo and money” his small smirk wasn’t missed as Mrs park caught it along with his eyes he directed away from.

 

“ She will do anything if it means she could help people” Mrs park was ready to defend no matter the cost.

 

“ she is not doing it for herself,” she added as Jae shook his head. Everybody who knew Hyeon knew she rarely does anything for herself.

“ That's her problem,” he said and Mrs park was caught off guard by how easily and calmly he was talking about Hyeon.

“It's a problem she can fix if she finds somebody who adores and spoils her like crazy” Mrs. Park, who has always told him she will be honest with him, wasn't sure if he was ready for the truth when she said it.

“ huh” letting out a small sigh, Jae sent his eyes to Mrs park who was waiting for his reaction before she added another nugget of truth to his day.

“ that doctor is gonna win her over”

“ That is a nice upgrade” she was surprised by how quick his response was. But what was more shocking was how nonchalant he was about it.

“ they would make a cute couple” he added, shocking Mrs park but how clamily he was talking about it all. Maybe she was the one who needed to face the honest truth that Jae had really let Hyeon go. She wasn’t fully aware of the emotionless state his pills put him in and how easy it is for him to act all cool and collected. He has been doing it since he could talk.

 

“ She is getting more than half of everything I own when I die” Jae confessed knowing it will come as a surprise but he wasn’t ready for the truly shocking look on Mrs park's face.

“I’m sure they can open a bunch of hospitals, save lives and change the worlds together” he added as Mrs. Park was too stunned and didn't even know what to say.

 

“ Please don’t tell her,” he added quickly, remembering that she is super close to Hyeon.

“ she didn’t even let me do anything for her when we were together” he added as the silence that took over the room made him anxious about how sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter