The hug.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/ double update - woohoo ./

 

" .     .     .   Your not gonna get out of this are you ?" She asked herself now knowing how much her statement she made back at his office about  ending whatever was between them ,ridiculous does it sound now .

 

    " .    .    .  What are you gonna use now ?" She asked herself . Now that Min Ahs case has been settled she has to pick another reason to again create a gap between them . She walked forward and stood a foot away from where the roof ends and the rain is attacking the floor . Glancing up at the sky she could tell it's gonna be a heavy rain but why is it dark in the afternoon , for a second her thought went into the weather .

  

           From the weather to what time it could be,  to what she would be doing if she was at work .   .  Hyeon stood there busy in her own thought. forcing herself not to think about anything related to jae as that would not help her effort of calming herself down. somehow not even knowing it she drowned in her own deep thought not even noticing jae who walked out a couple of minutes ago as he placed a couple of things on the table behind her .

 

 But when he walked out the second time placing the food on the table and started the fire place she noticed and immediately turned  around .


 

   " .   .    . This was the only thing i can find , the fridge is empty .   .  " he placed the teapot down glancing at hyeon who started walking towards the table her eyes focused on the bowel and the white smoke flaming out of them .


 

    .   .   .  It's just soup but there's bread if you want " jae pointed to the bag of bread and sat down on the couch on the other side .   .  .  His eyes focused on his bowel as he started adding salt.

 

 

 

  " .    .   .  Did you cook ?" hyeon glared at jae as she sat down on the seat in front of him .   .  .  the wooden table in the middle creating an enough space between them .

 

  " .   .  .  How long have i been standing here " she asked , her arms still folded , she leaned closer to the bowl jae pushed her side .

 

  "       ,  about an hour " jae started pouring the tea.  Noticing hyeon's closely folded arms he could tell she is getting cold  .

 

 

   " .    .     .    We can go inside if you want ?" He stole a glance as she fidgeted  and moved a little  to give herself warmth.

 

  " .   .   .  No this is perfect .    .   .  I like the view " she turned her eyes to the dark sky and the rain falling . jae stood up placed the tea in front of her and walked back into the house .

 

     " .   .   .  Yeassss" hyeon smiled more than happy to see food , breakfast being the only meal of her day any type of food will be perfect for now . But a soup with this weather is the best .

 

     She grabbed the bowl to get some of its heat to her cold hands .

 

   " .   .   .  Oh this smells great " she leaned forward and took a good deep sniff of the white smoke coming out of the bowl . The delicious smell making her even more hungry .

 

   Without saying anything jae placed the blanket on her back and walked across to his seat . The startled hyeon  sat back up when something landed on her back and stared at jae for a good second as he walked back  to his seat as she grabbed the blanket tightly and wrapped her body up .

 

    " .    .     .   Sorry , there nothing else in the house since i wasn't even supposed to be here " he picked his bowl up and took his first bite . He has missed something .   .   The flavour is missing something but he can't figure out what, actually he doesn't even care what .

 

         The view right now would make him care less about anything . Hyeon tightly wrapped in his blanket , eating the food he cooked .   .   .   In his house.    .    sitting  right in front of him . Just the two of them .   .   .  What else could he be thinking about at this time .

 

   " .    .    .  What do you mean you weren't even suppose to be here " hyeon leaned forward and took her first bite as she looked up waiting for his reply . But once the soup hit her tongue she had to close her eyes and savour the taste . Jae can cook  and that's a fact. She placed her spoon back in and took another sip .   .   .  How could he cook like this with these ingredients and this short of time .   .  ,  she glared at jae, who was attentively studying her reaction as she stook her first bite . Her eyes immediately shutting and her lips just after one sip relieving his stress that she might not like his cooking.

 

    " .      .     .    I was supposed to be in new york till next week " he replied taking another sip . Hyeon didn't even hear his reply clearly she is too occupied on her amazing meal .   . As she picked the bowl up and sat back on the  bench . She tried to move her leg up but wondering if she can she glanced at jae . this is not her house and she didn’t feel comfortable enough to just do whatever.

 

   " .     .       .   You don't have to be cautious " noticing how she lifted her leg then brought it back down jae could tell she still feels a little bit afraid to be herself and more uncomfortable.

 

   " .     .     .  You can do whatever you want here" he added taking another sip , his sharp eyes haven't left hyeon for even a second as she lifted her now pale legs onto the bench and covered her whole body up with the blanket sitting with her legs folded , her fragile body looking as fragile and as small as ever.   .    as her hands being the only thing not covered by the red blanket as she held the bowl with one hand and her spoon in the other .

 

    Taking her sip she finally turned her eyes to jae , immediately noticing how attentively he’s looking at her she can't help but feel anxious . His dark eyes with that sharp gaze of his  always seem to do thing to her . Any type of silence when it's just Jae and her  makes her even more nervous so hyeon's mind started busying itself to come up with something to ask

 

    ".    .   .   If you had a week more to stay Why did you come back then ? " she took her eyes from jae to her soup then back at jae .

 

   " .     .       .   I missed you " he gave a short answer .

 

 

Cough .        .          .  Cough .     .     Cough , hyeon choked . She leaned forward and placed the bowl down immediately picking the tea and taking a sip . Not even lifting his eyes off of her for a split second jae handed her the napkin and leaned back into his position . Quietly eating his soup.

  

     It took hyeon about a minute or two , to stop all the coughing and heavy breathing .

 

   " .    .    .   Am flying out in the morning " he now took his eyes off hyeon and placed them onto the rain and the great dark sky in front of them . The startled hyeon finally looked up to find him staring at the sky .

 

    " .   .     .  How can he just say things like that nonchalantly " she brushed her hair back and took a couple of deep breath to calm her heart down before she picked her bowl up and leandd back sitting on the bench . Now she has to be even cautious about questions she asks because his honest answers are becoming more dangerous. She stole a glance at jae while she took another sip . His face turned to the front it gave her a good view of his left side so she could admire how perfect every feature in his face is from his eyes to his lips .   .  His flawless skin .    .   .    How can one be this handsome .

 

  They sat there in silence hyeon admiring his face as jae just stares out into the empty sky .  .   .  Both filling their empty stomachs .

 

    " .     .     .  I've never actually missed anyone before .   .   .  " jae broke the silence and just like that his tender voice added to what he said and those eyes filled with sadness staring at her , hyeons heart can't help but be broken to pieces .

  

    " .      .      .  This is interesting  " he added with a smile that lasted a second. seeing the startled look in hyeon's eyes he took his way from her and focused on his soup. God knows why,  but he just seems to be so comfortable around hyeon and no matter what not even a tiny bit scared or hesitant to tell her what he thinks . She not only has brought out all type of emotions but also the open and talking jae out of the quit and closed off jae that everybody knows of.

 

          "     .      .      .   You don't have to be that shocked" he glanced up at hyeon who's still glaring at him.

 

   " .   .   .   Wouldn't it be a given for me to miss you since i like you ?" He placed his bowl down and picked his tea .

 

  " .    .     .  Please don't say that " hyeon took another sip .

 

 " .    .     Say what”

 

“ .        .        .  that i like you " he said it again .   .   Again startling hyeon who's not even use to the thought of him liking her let alone hearing it from him again.

 

   " .     .     .  Just don't " she said with a sharp voice her eyes focused on her soup .

 

   " .    .    .  You still don't believe me do you " he smiled .

 

  " .    .   .  What is it gonna take for you to believe me , hu?"he placed the cup down and folded his arm .

 

 

  hyeon didn't reply she just went on eating .

" .   .   .  Ok min ah is out of the picture what is it now ?" He asked focusing his eyes on hyeon as she just quietly went on eating trying hard not to even look up since she knows his questioning  eyes will be waiting for her  and she will be forced to give a reply.

 

    " .    .    .   Am submitting my resignation next week so i don't think my job will be a problem then the only thing left is my money.   .  And i do

 

" .    .    .  Your resigning ?" Hyeon interrupted . His resignation coming as a shocking news to her.

 

  " .   .   .  Yeah " he took a sip of his tea

 

" .    .   .   You seem shocked about that" he brushed his hair back.

 

" .     .    .   Why, do you want me to stay ?" He took another sip s hyeon returned her eyes back onto her bowl. Biting her tongue for even asking why his resigning .


 

  " .    .     . You can do whatever you want i won't hold you back " she said in a small voice, keeping her cool and  i don't care attitude that has become a habit even thought she might be dying and crying out inside at the thought of not being able to see jae everyday . Her only excuse for seeing him has been their work if he quits then what .    .   .  

 

  "     .   .  .  I know you won't "

 

" .   .   .  You have never even reached out to me yet let alone hold me back " he took another sip . He could tell hyeon was once again taken aback by what he said as the hand that was bring the spoon to stopped half way .

 

    Then again the awkward silence returned as both mind started thinking about what jae quitting his job will mean for everybody and how it's gonna affect everything especially whatever is going on between them. In the 15 minutes they sat in silence the rain has  started to cool down but the sound of thunder and lightning started echoing louder. Once or twice even scaring hyeon as the lighting looks like it's cutting the sky in half .  Even the cold heavy wind not being able to fight it back

 

 

   " .      .     .   Is really that hard for you to just see me and not for all the money and the job title " he asked placing the bowl he finished on the table .

 

         One look into his eyes and she could tell his serious and has asked a genuine question . Hyeon didn't reply she just stared back at ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter