12 hours later

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         “ so like i said , it might be better for the kids to just study at home and come for the finals because they are already behind “ the principle went on focusing her eyes on the kids sitting next to hyeon who don't look even remotely happy to be in that office. 

   

“ .   .   .  They have some catching up to do so better of they study at home and just come for the final thats is if you want them too. I think it might be better to take this year as a break “ the principle went on but hyeon sitting right in front of her, across the desk , was letting the words go in one ear and out the other . Her nails she has been regoresselly attacking since the moment she sat down , hyeon’s all attention has been on the box eun said joon took from the bag. Her whole body nervous as ever has started trembling when she walked away from the car her brain unable to even think of what would happen if joon opens that box. 

 

      “ .   .  Are you ok ? .   .  Hyeona ?” mrs kim has shouted as the ghost looking hyeon started walking away from their car to the school gate . Her whole face has went dead pale when she was right about to leave and eun told her that joon had taken a box. It was as though a lightning hit her that hyeon stood staring at eun .   .  . Her whole body was shocked beyond belief . God knows how she even walked straight to the principal's office and sit down without hitting anything cus her brain wasn't giving any orders as to where to walk .   . It was to bust caught up digesting the fact that joon has one of her secret boxes.  

  “ .   .   After their tragedy ,  i don't think any teacher or we would mind excusing them for the rest of the year “ the principal went on as hyeon staring right at the desk goes on trying to stay calm and control her nerves that are at the edge of freaking out . Right when the news settled in , it didn't take much for her brain to come up with many scenarios , the one that stopped her heart beating jae finding out what's in that box. 

    Unable to even fathom that though hyeon has deemed that situation impossible and focused on how she is going to get out of this from joon . If joon opens that box she is 100 percent sure nobody else would find out about it cus he will keep it a secret . She trusts him for that, but then again what would hold him back from showing it to jae. It is a shocking matter enough for him to be concerned about and let jae know. Cus at the end of the day jae trumps hyeon on joon favorite people list. 

   “ .   .   .  He's not gonna tell “ the voice in her head keeps repeating as hyeon goes on attacking her nails . Even if he doesn’t tell .  .  . How is she even gonna start the conversation with joon ? , what is she gonna say ? .   .  Their friendship is not even gonna be the same again , hyeon had thousands of thoughts going through her head as the kids leading she walked out of the office. 

 

  “ .   .  Are you okay ? ” sunbi who has noticed something was up with hyeon asked . 

   “ .  . ONNIi .  ?” sunbi shouted to get hyun's attention and hyeon starting at the door ahead turned her head to the kids who , with questioning eyes were glaring at her . 

 

  “.   .  Are you okay ?” sunbi repeated her question again.

 

“ .  .  Am 

“ .   .  Am okay ” hyeon stutured giving them a fake smile as she sent her right hand to grab onto the little ones hand 

“.   .  can we eat fish for dinner?” the all unaware eunbi asked as she started jumping up and down the stairs while holding hyun's hand tightly. She more than sunbi is excited about not coming to school for the rest of the year . She never liked the kids that much anyway and will always love spending time with hyeon . 

 

   “ .   .   Onni “ eunbi shaking hyun's had called out again when she didn't get any reply for her question . 

 

   “ .   .   Yes “ hyeon not even bothering to ask what the question she didn't hear was just replied. 

 

  “ .   .  I have to go somewhere actually can you guys go home “ hyeo  handing eunbi’s hand to sungi gave them another of her fake smile . She just concluded that no matter what she has to get a hold of joon . Weather he opened it or not she will deal with it once she gets him but for now she just have to get a hold of him . 

 

   “ .   .  I cooked a lot of things for you , it's in the fridge “ hyeon opening her wallet as quick as she can started pulling out some cash and handed it to sungi. 

 

   “.   . Where are you going?” sunbi now getting a bit startled asked. Hyeon doesn’t look okay and the one reason for it has to be jae . The person who sungi is now getting very fond of . He is the only person that can make hyeon this dismayed and anxious. 

 

   “ .   .  Am visiting someone ?” 

 

 “ .  . Jae?” right when hyeon replied sungi was quick to point out who that someone was . Her head occupied by what's on joons possession  even hearing the name jae had startled hyeon . 

“ .   .   Can we come , can we come pleases “it was the little one that started begging as soon as she heard the name jae . 

 

  “ .   .   .  Am not going there to stay it's just a few hours ?” hyeon glancing at the overly excited and puppy eyed eunbi replied. 

 

   “ .   .  You always say a few hours but never come back “ the unbothered looking sunbi was the one that had the perfect reply to hyeon answer and it was the truth . They have accustomed to live with it but most of time that hyeon leaves saying it’s just for a hour or two and uts jae’s house she’s not back for the night. 

 

   “ .   .   This is ni

   “ .   . Can we please onni , i will be good and say nothing ” eunbi’s puppy eyes were becoming much for hyeon who is  trying to focus solely on the trouble waiting for her . 

 

    “ .   .  She said she'll be back , let's just go home and wait “ eunbi to show her anger has pulled the little one away from hyeon side and started walking away. 

 

   “ .   .  Okay fine “ hyeon unable to take say no to them as always accepted their offer and it didn't take a fraction of a seconds to see how happy they were to visit the house they were at days ago . 

  “ .  We are just there for a few hours so don't ask to do anything” giving clear warnings hyeon lead the way as the two excited kids followed behind and it was that excitement they carried through as they walked past the gate and to the golf car eun was waiting for them on . Forgetting all of hyun's warnings eunbi has ran away heading to the car and jumping the back seat .

 

   “ .  She's Just excited” thinking her little sister will be in trouble for running away sunbi gave an excuse but hyeon didn't seem look like she heard it nor did she . Her brain was somewhere else right not. Infact her whole brain has went blank when the gates opened up. She knew what was waiting for her and unable to even shake of teh guhe emressenmnet and nervousness hyeon jsut stared at the house at the distance eun will be driving them to in the golf car. 

 

   “ .   .  Is 

 

“ .   .  Is joon here?” hyeon asked a she jumped into the seat next to eunbi leaving the front for sunbi.

 

   “ .   . He’s in the living room “ eun replied keeping her eyes on the road . 

 

   “ .   .  They are playing video games “ eunbi added knowing hyeon might be glad to hear that . She and mrs kim being the later ones to discover what joon had taken and what had let hyeon get out of their car looking that pale eun could only imagine what is going through hyun's head. How embarrassed and ashamed she might be feeling .   .  What is she even gonna say now but at least she had showed unlike what sungi had predicted .

 

   “ .  Really ?” hyeon shouted surprised to hear what joon is doing. Did he even open the box was the first thought that crossed her mind . What if he didn't even open the box and she was lucky to get away from this 

 

   “ .   Yeah , but jae is not here “ eun added and hyeon , if she knew it or not has given her a great smiled. Her heart had been at the tip of her chest just worrying about how she could get joon alone and talk to him without jae not saying anything or questioning what their secret was . But jae is nit even here.       

  “ .   Thank you “ she whispered to whoever was in the heavens and helping her get out of this situation clean .

 

  “ .    .  Nobody knows where he is , maybe joon might know” eun added reliving hyeon even more. Right now jae is not her concern it was joon . Yes, she would be overjoyed if she gets to see her love but right now it’s his right hand man that she is aching to see and shut his mouth if he knows anything. 

 

   “  .    .  .ommo, ommo “ mrs kim was the first to notice hyeon as she ran into the living room and shouting up jumping from her seat .

 

   “ .    .  Why are we here if jae is not here?” sunbi had asked but hyeon was too quick to jump out of the car s it started slowing down and started running up the stairs to the main gate. The two kids let's baffled as they started at her it was only eun who knew the dire situation waiting for hyeon and why she couldn’t even wait a second till the car stopped. 

 

    “ .   .  Pleas pleas pleas “ hyeon went on begging as she continued her quick steps through the hallway into the living room she was told joon was in . 

 

   “ .   .   Ommo “ 

 All that were in the room startled by mrs kim’s reaction sent their eyes to the entrance , where mrs kim big eyes were zoomed at . 

 

“  .    .   .Well,  told you she would show up” the chef was the first one to talk as everybody else just went on blankly staring at hyeon. Even joon couldn’t believe hyeon had the guts to show up here. He would have taken sungis bet without no hesitation that hyeon was not gonna show up today or tomorrow may be in a couple of days to build up the courage or may be even not show up and let jae chase her .   .but here she was. All out off breath and baffled looking she was standing right in the living room. Her eyes not even blinking as they stayed on joon.

 

  “   .      . you’ve got some nerves showing up “the angry sungi shouted throwing the controller on his hands down onto the floor .

 

       “  .      . sungi be quite” mrs kim ordered throwing the pillow at him and all stayed quite giving hyeon the minute she needed to catch her breath . But there was no time for her anxious heart to calm down as she looked around and found the questioning and baffled looks displayed on not just Joon but everybody else in the room , who not even blinking were staring at her . 

 

      She knew it , joon had opened it and somehow everyone in here knows. 

 

     “ .    .    I need a drink “ as hyeon's face went pale when she realized what kind of mess she was in, joon stood up from his seat and started heading to the kitchen across the hallway . He knew hyeon needs a minute or two to catch  her breath and calm down before they start questioning her . May be he was wrong, coming here today, might not solve this . 

 

     “ .    .  Come on i’ll get you some water “ mrs kim was the one , with her hands on hyeon's back, lead the girl into the kitchen everyone was heading to. 

 

   “ .   .  Eun take the kids swimming or something “ mrs kim pulling eun to her side whispered . Everyone focused on hyeon they had forgotten that the kids were there . 

 

 .   .   Or go figure out the new ice cream machin “ mrs kim added getting the little one all excited as they started walking away with eun . Unlike her little sister sunbi was neither amused or tantalized by what ever they were going to do . She knew something was up . There is something wrong and she was sure of it as she turned round and looked back at all the people heading into the kitchen .

   “ .  .  Something happened while they we were at school” she whispered out as to affirming what she thought to herself . The fact that jae was not in the house adding more dilemma sunbi couldn't even focus on where they were heading . She has a problem to solve . 

 

  “ .   .  Get me one too “ sungi asked as joon pulled a beer from the fridge. 

 

   “ .   .  Sit here “ pulling the chair away for her mrs kim helped hyeon sit on the main chair from the dining set . 

 

    “ .   .   So “ sungi was the one to shout out just as hyeon sat down and mrs kim headed to the fridge to get her some cold water . He more than anyone is anxious to find out the excess. 

 

  “ .   .   Sungi “mrs kim shouted his name again . Her warning was clear , for sungi to shut up . 

 

 “ .  .  Okay hyeon calm down “ the voice in her head tries to control hyun's nervous that are shaking 

 

  “ .  .  At Least jae is not here and doesn't know “ the voice added as her heart beat slowly started calming down . Taking a sip of the water mrs kim passed her way hyeon took her time calming herself down .  . Her face that turned pale in an instant was easing its way back to her normal shade but her trembling hands were still shaking as she folded them and finally looked up to the people sitting across the room waiting for her to start talking . 

 

  “ .   .   I didn’t buy it , it was a gift from a friend “ hyeon in her shaking voice spoke out but her words didn’t seem like they got through any one as the unamused look on all faces stayed the same . 

 

  “ .  . I swear to God she forced me to go and dragging me there.  .  “ her nervousness showing in her hands that went to brush her hair back , hyeon was beyond adorable as she sat there all teary eyed and anxiously waiting for any response from the people. 

 

   “ .   .   Why don't you try another one cus that one won't work” sungi was the one quick enough to say anything back to hyeon who looks like she has a good minute before she breaks down.

 

   “ .   . Am not lying , jessica dragged me there . Do i look like a person who would in there willingly ?” 

 

  “.  Well you walked out with that gladly so “ Joon taking another sip of his beer replied and hyeon worry filled eyes quickly went his way . It was her shaking hands.  .  If it wasn't her shaking hands joon wouldn't even listen  to whatever hyeon might have to say but her trembling hands were to much to ignore. 

 

    “ .   .   I swear on my mother's grave it wasn't like what you think “ hyeon raising her hand to her chest swore.

 

 “.   .  Quite frankly  , i don't care but how can you do this  to jae” joon mentioning the name hyeon didn't even want to hear right now asked .

 

  “ .  . I SWEAR TO GOD “ 

 

   “ .    .  I swear to GOD i was dragged there “ hyeon went on protesting  . She was to much focused on getting everything off her chest rather than glancing around  and realizing the number of people smiling at her .

 

  “ .   . don't listen to these idiots “ mrs kim leaning forward handed hyeon , who has started crying , the napkin pocket . 

 

  “ .   .  What they think doesn’t matter “ she added as she turned around and gave sungi another warning glare. 

 

   “ .   .   Is she seriously crying ?” joon trying to get a good look at hyeon asked between his laughs . She is just too adorable. 

 

  “ .   .  You don't have to go to that extent “ he added when he caught hyeon’s puffy eyes behind her hair that she is trying to wipe quickly . 

 

   “ .   .  If she crying like this for us what is she gonna be like when she sees jae “ sungi after gulping a good amount of his beer asked . Unfortunately ,  hyeon was too busy calming herself down to hear what he had said .

 

  “ .   .   I know you're probably dragged and was gonna throw it away “ joon walking hyeon's was started talking 

 

   “ .   , but the main issue now is not us, it’s jae “ he added as a confused hyeon looked his way . 

 

   “ .   .  What 

 

“ .  . What do you 

“ .   Jae .  “

 

“ .   .  Yeah , it's jae that you need to have this conversation with not us, cus he's very pissed “ sungi from the back cut hyeon stuttering and turned her dead quiet as the reality hit in . 

 

   “ .    . He turned as pale as a ghost when he saw it “ joon describing again what his boss had looked like the moment he realized what he was holding went on as he pulled the chair next to hyeon and sat down. 

 

  “ .    .   .  He didn't even say a word , he didn't even look like  he was breathing “ as though they were a tag team joon and seungi went one after the other describing jaes reaction but to hyeon who had felt like she had just been hit by a mountainous rock everything was going in one ear and out the other. She hadn’t even for a second let herself imagine the possibility that jae might  know 

   “ .    .  I have never seen him that angry, never “ joon concluded as he started tapping hyeon back that has turned stone cold. She wasn't moving , not blinking mor showing any s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter