what do you want from me?

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five minutes went by in complete silence as the people sitting in the car drowned into their own thoughts. Hyeon,who has completely forgotten her dinner appointment , is  having a hard time figuring out and understanding anything about the man sitting in front with his eyes closed sighing now and then.

 

         " sungi just texted me " Joon who kept all his energy on driving quietly broke the silence.

       "He said they are placing her in ICU   for tonight .      .       .  "  Joon turned his head towards his boss and stole a glance of the man who didn't make any movement or reply to what Joon said.

       " the doctor also told your dad that    .   .    She probably won't make it to morning and to prepare for the worst" joon stole another glance and again Jae didn't answer back.

      " he's either really cold hearted or .   .   .   Just has a very weird way of dealing with issues" hyeon pushed her hair back noticing no movement coming for the man in front even after hearing his grandmother is dying.

       " who's she again " hyeons memory played back the sarcastic question Jae asked in his dad's office.

 

       Buzz Buzz. Joon's phone started crying.

 

" yobuseyo" Joon replied out loud , putting the phone on speaker.

     " is Jae with you " sungi asked whispering

  " yeah ,  .    .      .  

    "Why .   ? " Joon asked glancing at his boss.

" your grandma is asking for you .       .     .   .   

" your dad is sending his men to pick you up from the office and they are probably gonna call you" sungi whispered in a small voice

      " .   .  . I got go " sungi hanged up .

         

  Immediately Jae's phone started screaming. He pulled it out of his pocket and opened his eyes slowly to glance at the caller Id . C.E.O

        Joon the right signal and drove  out of the road  and pulled over at the curb. Since he has to make a u turn if they are have to go to the hospital.

           The phone went on crying for a couple of times as jae quietly stared at it .  .   .   then seconds later he threw the phone back on to the dashboard after turning it off.

      

        " go home " he closed his eyes back down .

" are you sure .     .      .

   "    .       .        .  This might be the last time " Joon said looking at Jae's conflicted face.

        Jae didn't respond.

    

  Joon turned his left signal and merged onto the main road .   .   . Driving directly straight  ahead.

   

 Buzz Buzz Joon's phone started screaming. Joon picked the phone up and threw it onto Jae's  lap.

     Jae looked at the caller ID . LAY.  he threw the phone back back at joon.

           The phone went on crying  for a couple of minutes.

    

 " pick it up or shut it off "Jae said tilting his head to the window.

 

Joon turned took a second to turn  his phone silent and looked back up at the light . Red. The car came into a stop.

        " you'll regret this    .        .    .   " Joon brushed his hair aside knowing that whatever he says he won't be Able to change his boss's mind.  

           Green.

      Joon stepped on the gas and turned left onto the freeway leading out of the city.  There is no going back now just a straight drive to the house. Jae opened his window and put his hand out , the cold breeze rushing into the car.

     " cold heart it is " hyeon concluded not shocked by his behaviour.

  "lay .    .   . Oh my god " she quite well pulled her phone out of her pocket.

       

 17 missed calls , 11 from lay

   13 texts, 9 from lay.  

        "OMO" hyeon screamed inside her head looking at the name of the other missed calls called I'd . She glanced at the time . 8:12 p.m.

   "  what are you gonna do now" she squeezed her hair in frustration. Joon glanced up a t the moment he saw through the rearview mirror as hyeon's head shook frantically . He turned his eyes immediately to the man sitting next to him.

 "Huh " he sighed , noticing Jae's closed eyes.

     

  " hey where are you?

" I’m already at your Favre out seat just come up"

    " I’m guessing your caught up with work call me

" .    .     . Call me when you see this please , I just wanna make sure if your ok"

    Those were the 4 texts from the friend of hers that she just stood up.

   

       " this is so messed up .     .     .  What am I gonna do now"  hyeon pushed her hair aside and sat back .

      " I knew this was gonna happen" she glared at Joon , who's eyes were focused on the road, it was his idea after all.

       Joon turned his eyes down to his phone when he saw it light up. The C.E.O. was the name on the caller Id.  He turned his eyes to his boss then back at the road letting the phone light on.

         "Never trusting these people again" she took a mental note mad at herself for be living joon's words.

          

It took her 20 minutes to even figure out what to say. A sincere  apology followed by an offer for dinner any day this week .     .       .   She sent the text . But didn't get a reply back immediately.  She stared at the phone for a couple of minutes biting her lips anxiously waiting for a reply.

      

 "  no  .   .   .no  .      .      .no " hyeon finally noticing the street sign in front .

    " not here again " she sighed realizing that she has been through this road before, last Sunday afternoon to be exact.

      " why is this happening again" she shook frustrated at the crazy situations she ends up into getting all the time.

      " OMO " she brought her hands up and closed , shocked when Jae got up from his seat , instantly as she hit his seat with her leg by mistake .

   " please don't turn around please don't turn around " she screamed in her head, Joon looked up as Jae just jumped up from his laid down seat.

      " what to do .   .   . What to do " she screamed in her head as jae head turned slowly to the back.

     " is there something behind " Jae raised his head and turned the lights on. He stared at the women on the back seat for a couple of seconds before turning his eyes to joon. Joon too a quick glance at hyeon who was laying on the back seat, asleep , he smiled inwards at hyeons immediate response .

   

  " OMO what is she doing here " Joon said trying to act shocked. But his boss didn't buy it .

           Jae turned the lights back off and turned his eyes onto the road slowly picking his seat up

   

  " i told you it was lay's car.     .      .   He must have been taking her home"

      " .      .  she was already  sleeping when I got the car" Joon started his wave of lies trying to convince his bosses sharp eyes that were staring at him.

      " she dead asleep .     .        .     me " Joon said .

  " look " he brought his right hand to the back and pushed hyeon a couple of times .

  Ya .      .      .  Wake up" he pushed. no reaction.

       

“ Your digging your own grave "hyeon righted her grip on her jacket .

   " see , she as good as dead " joon turned his arm back.

     

" what is going on between lay and her " Jae asked pushing his hair back.

   " all I know is , she works for him" joon turned signaled right and took the turn. He looked up at Jae who gave him a questioning look.

     " she is his assistant  .     .       .

   "   god knows why he needs one but yeah.     .    " Joon smiled.

 

 " I though she worked for the city or the government  " Jae pulled a cigaret out.

        " she still does "

  " which explains why she's dead asleep .     .      . It a tiring Job " joon went on.

       

        Jae light up his cigaret and took his first smoke opening the window all the way down. His anxious Joon took a note , he smokes when his anxious .

    

 " she's too qualified to work for Lay or even the city council .    .    .  I think she should join a law firm or become a politician" Joon opened his window down.

     " wouldn't she need an academic background for that " Jae asked blowing the smoke out .

     " she already has a law degree apparently" joon smiled after taking a  glance at hyeons back as she slowly turned around giving them her back.

           Jae turned his Surprised eyes to joon.

   " I was Surprised too, apparently she graduated top of her class too  .      .        .

“ .     .    .I just thought she was some uneducated gangster " joon's comment created a small grin on his bosses face.

        " I think she's too smart for Lay but you know .    .        .  Your brother has some tricks up his hands plus millions to spend " joon laughed knowing no matter what he says now hyeon won't have a smart response.

      " just take it I  .     .    .   

  " .        .       . It's your fault to begin with " hyeon scolded herself for getting mad at joon's remarks.

     " does lay know she's here " Jae asked

 "I'm pretty sure his worried about the women lying in the hospital bed more than her "

    " .      .      .   And it's not like i'm kidnapping her." Joon signaled left .

         

      Jae looked up at the rear view mirror and took a glance of the girl lying down on the seat behind for a couple of seconds.

       

     " you don't like her , do you? " Joon asked coming to a stop at the stop sign

               

Jae just blew out the smoke his eyes fixed on the empty road ahead.

  “watch out” Jae said pointing at the squir that just jumpe dontothe road.

 “omo “Jon stepped on the break and the car came to an immediate stop.

      Bang , hyeon who hasn't put on her seat belt fell onto the floor. Both men turned their face slowly to the back to see what happened.

    “ oh my back  .     .     .oh my back “ hyeon screamed in her head

  “ just get up already  .     .   .”

      “ are you ok?” joon’s worry filled voice scream

 “ .     .   .if you still play asleep they are gone think you're dead” she went on trying to find a way t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter