The beach.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Still editing .   .  . Lol

 

 The three luxurious cars cruising the empty street with 80 miles per hour speed was what  gave the quiet road some noise. Choosing a perfect wednesday to go to the beach, they knew the highway leading to it would be quite but none had thought this quite. The nonexistence of cars next to them making it easier and more enjoyable for the drivers (the chef, sungi and, lay-)they all had a similar posture one hand on the wheel .  .  .their back laid back on their comfortable chair; Unlike the relaxed drivers it was the other passengers the ones setting the mood in each car .

 

    The car in the back the loudest of all as eun , mrs kim and the chef have gotten into a singing frenzy trying to sing everything that came on the radio. Being the ones always kept in the house they more than anybody are to excited for this trip . It took them two hours to pack ; their excitement was beyond expected as they packed every little thing they might need if they were camping at the beach for days and not just for a couple of hour drive.

 

  The light sandwich, the salad , the fruit baskets, the breads, the cake , the sweats , the wine , the champagne , the cold bear, the juice, the water , .   .   .  Just the food and drinks packed was enough to feed an entire football team for couple of days let alone these 8 people.  Mrs kim and the chef responsible  for the food were too ecstatic to pack everything and anything one might want to eat at the beach . And being the ones driving the food , they have already started on the fruit baskets as they munch on the cut fruits in between songs .

 

     Closely driving ahead of them was the car that in a way has the same enthusiasm as the car behind it but a calm conversation was what they focused on forgetting even the songs the radio sungi was playing . After an hour long drive hyeon finally calming her anxious heart down about what was going on in the car infront has started a serious discussion with joon . For the first time having an alone time with each other for this long without no disturbance both had some catching up to do on what has been going on in each other's life, mainly their careers. Joon was very reluctant and had questioned hyeon till she spelt what she does now .

 

  The reaction she got from the men in front had left  big smile of hyeon's face. They didn't had to say it she knew they would be this shocked to hear she is working at some NGO even after carrying jae’s child.

 

  “ .   .   .  am sure you are gonna be working for some public center even after you guys are married and you get title to his money” sungi has said it as joke and hyeon just like the two men has laughed  it off not even for a second letting her brain focus on the word married and the fact that  it was something now all were expecting from them .

 

   “.   .   .  Man , she will still be wearing her faded out jeans and no make up face even being the first lady of JK” joon added on

  

  “ .   .   .   It will be a good day for the news to see her as the first lady of jk , hahaha”

 

“ .   they wouldn't know what cloth she was wearing to even report about”  sungi added and the two men went on their exchange as hyeon smile slowly faded away .

 

   “ .   .    .  Can you imagine being the first lady of jk .   . It's JK “joon emphasised as he glanced over to the back seat

 

  “ .   .  A trillion dollar corporations .   .  And on top of that you get jae .   .  Did you save king in your past life” he asked but the answer never came as he turned round and went on laughing with sungi .

 

 “ .   .    . With this kind of luck she had to had saved a monk or buddha himself man “ sungi was always never short of his silly jokes and they didn’t stop as one by one he went on spitting them out him and joon enjoying them as they laughed their lips apart ear to ear .   .   . Not even bothering to notice hyeon in the back phasing out into her own crazy nervous thought that they awakened.

 

 

      Choosing to take it one step at a time hyeon hasn't really even thought about what they baby would bring and what kind of direction it was gonna lead their relationship .   .   .  Actually she has thought about it .   .  She has thought about it so much .  Had kept her awake for so many nights  .   .    .  

 

    Her life that has taken a 180 turn after she met jae hasn’t left her even a minute to take everything under control before it turns around again .   .   .  Fired from her perfect job .   Taking care of two kids.   .  Not even a saving account under her name .  .   In Love with billionaire.   .   Carrying a child before even getting engaged .   .    . What has happened to her life. This definitely wasn’t part of her 10 year plan in fact it goes against any of her plans .  

 

 

     The feeling that has slowly been building inside of her .   The sense that she is losing herself day by day was getting deeper by each turn .   Add the pregnancy into that mix and hyeon has only days before she loses her composure and explode .      .     . The stress could only build so much . And now sungi and joon had added another stress .   becoming the first lady of JK.

 

 “ .   .   .  Hyeon you ok?”joon after a couple of minutes of silence asked . Having heard nothing from her in minutes he had a worried look and it was rightly so as he saw the distorted look on her face.

 

  “ .   .  Am fine.   .  Perfect” brushing her hair back she gave him a small smile but even joon has become so accustomed to her fake smile that he could tell them apart from the real ones.

 

  “ .   .   .   Am fine seriously, just excited to see the beach “ she added another smile as joon turned his eyes to the front .   .   . Sungi taking a break from the silly jokes and crazy laughter didn't disturb the silence that took over the car.

 

Joon needed some minutes to figure out what's eating the girl in the back.

 

    “ .   .   .  Are you worried about being the first lady or is it the cloth jokes?” unable to guess which of the two, he asked as both him and sungi turned their eyes to hyeon .

    

   “ .   .    .  Were we out of line ?” sungi asked with a worried look as he turned his eyes to the road . He knew joon  would have given him a sign or something if he was out of line but the later  was laughing alongside him.

 

“ .   .  Oh no no no .  .  “ hyeon was to quick to raise her hands and protest.

  

   “ .   .   .  Am not offended or mad “

 

 “ .  .  What is it then? “ joon asked with a serious look. He doesn't look like he would let it go or buy any of her fake excuses. How is she gonna get out of this one?

 

 “ .   .     .  The look on your face says it all .  .  Spill it “ he added folding his arms as he glared at her blank face.

 

   “ .   .    .  It's just .   “ brushing her hair back she sat back turning her eyes to the side window on her right

 

 

 

  “ .  .  .  When you said married and first lady it threw me off “ she whispered out in low voice but both had heard it .

 

  “ .   .   .  Well you two are gonna get married right ?” sungi didn't leave a second to ask and this time he got an immediate tap on his arm from joon . Even Though they knew it was a personal question both were eager to see hyeon rection and possible get a reply to the question  

 

   “ .   .   .  How .   .  

 

“  .   Why

 

“ .   .     why are you asking me that ?” raising her nervous hands to her hair she went on brushing it back.

  

  “ .  .  Did she just stutter , never heard her stutter before “  sungi was to quick again .

 

 “ .   .    .  Why ? , you don't want to marry jae ?” joon with smile raised a serious question that turned hyeon's shocked eyes towards him .   hanging open she just glared at him with no reply. Her brain needed some minutes to come up with a great excuse.  

 

   “ .   .    .  Or you still don't trust him yet or is making up with lay your requirement before putting on ring  ?”he added adding more shocking question to hyeon's baffled mind .   Her eyes that increased double in size were a true evidence of how shocked she was . It seems that joon has given the topic of marriage some thought as well since the excuse he brought were very legitimate.  

   “ .   .   .  She trusted him enough to carry his baby without even getting engaged” sungi added smiling , his comment just as dismaying as joon hyeon just glared at the two in silence no words coming out of her open mouth.

 

  “ .   .    .  You ok “ joon sent his right hand tapping hyeon's knees . Actually the big smile on his and sungi’s face was more annoying than their jokes . It was no help that they could read the shocked look on her face .   .  Dang it .

 

   “ .   .  Am ok “ she brushed his hand off giving him a sharp stare.

 

  “ .   .   . And i do trust jae “ she added folding her arms and sending her sharp eyes to the rearview mirror which is what sungi used to look at her .

 

   “ .   .   .  If you trust him and love him as much as you say you do then what the problem with marrying him?” sungi not even bit shaken by her sharp gaze asked .

 

    “ .   .    .  His money .   “ joon as though he got the right answer answered raising his hands up in the air.

 

  “ .   .   .  If she marries him , she has to live with him in million dollar houses .   .  Drive million dollar cars .   .  Jewelries  .   . “ his hands still in air joon went on

 

  “.   .  .  Ohh poor her “ sungi added starting another wave of laughter with him and joon

 

  “ .   .   .  How is she gonna survive all those problems” he added and hyeon knew to let them just go in with their jokes .   .   They were right . .    .   It would be too absurd if she ever complained about jae’s wealth being spent on her.

 

   For the rest of the drive sungi and joon went on as hyeon from the back just let go of her thoughts and started smiling  along adding even more hilarious facts for them to jock about.

 

   Then there was the car leading the way.

 

Unlike The two cars in the back no music to even warm the silence .   .    .  The two brothers were on their own mood .   . To luxurious and cool to be excited about an empty beach they have been quietly enjoying the smooth drive .

 

   For lay this was more than a drive and him sitting behind the wheel while his brothers sits back relaxed was more than just a simple gesture. It might seem absurd to a lot of people but the feeling that jae is actually trusting him with something was what lay couldn't stop smiling about . Even Though a small task, even this was a huge boost of self esteem for the little brother .

 

 

   “ .   .    .  Mom is gonna flip over when she finds out about dad’s will” lay was the one smiling ear to ear as he imagines what his family's reaction would be when his dad will is finally read . He knows not even  single person including his mom will even mourn or remember his dad death as they start fighting over the inheritance . No death in his family has been  quite time to remember the dead and wish them the best in the afterlife , it has always been a fake morning for a day followed by never ending fights for inheritance . It's a wonder how it's the people with money that fight in shameful way to get even more money .

 

    This time around though , his dad didn't even have to die , one trip to the hospital and not just the family but all the shareholders are gossiping about who's next  .    .    .  The rumors weren't about their dad deteriorating health or near death episodes but who will be the one sitting on the c.e.o seat next after they bury this one.  

 

  “ .    .     .  Aren't you worried i'm gonna kick your mom out ?” jae arms still folded .  .   . Eyes behind the black shades still closed asked.   .   . Done with his cigarettes he has chosen to just close his eyes and think of something else rather than worrying about the news lay broke to him . even if he had wanted too his anxiety lurking in was to match of a risk to take to wonder is what lay said was true or not.

 

    “ .   .    .  Did you forget how many things she owns and what my grandparents do ?” turning his smiling eyes to jae lay answered the question with his own funny question .

 

      “ .   .   .  It might actually better for her to move out of that house. She needs some getaway and start a new life with whomever”

 

   “ .   .    .  You know she doesn't like hyeon at all .   .  . Not even a bit “ lay’s smile was infectious as without seeing it even jae had a smile on his blank face. He didn’t need to know lay's mom that ell to know what she will think of hyeon and the fact that she will hate hyeon just makes hyeon more special to him .

 

     “ .    .    .  Maybe it was just first impression , remember  how you didn't  like hyeon when you guys met?  “ lay recalling all the early incidents that he was so thankful to witness asked .

 

   “ .   .   .  You use to give her these sharp looks without even a single word ,  .  

 

“ .   .    . Hahaha, those were the days” lay went on recapping all the good memories . His brother still sitting with eyes closed and arms folded didn't look like he was even awake as he sat there with no movements .   .   . not even a single reaction to what lay was talking about.

 

   “ .    .    .  Did it all changed when she held your hand  in the helicopter?” l

 

 “ .   .   .  Ommo .   .  “ lay shouted as jae out of nowhere sat up , taking his glasses off and sending his dismayed looking eyes to his younger brother . How does lay know that.    

 

  “ .   .    .   Was it really then .?”lay glancing at jae asked with a small smile. Has he finally figured it out . Jae didn't reply brushing his hair back just sat there letting his silence be the answer.

 

 

    “ .   .    . Seriously ?” lay unable to accept that  it only took a simple  hand grab for hyeon to enter his brothers heart asked.

 

   “ .   .   .  You know what

 

 .       .you should propose in that helicopter “ lay as though he just got the best idea ever shouted and the reaction he got from his brother was worthed as jae shocked beyond belief turned his averted eyes to lay.

 

 “   .    .   WHAT? “lay baffled and he himself shocked at how shocked his brother looks asked but again he didn’t get any reply and that was it for the rest of the drive.



   It didn’t take much once they exited the freeway to get to the small road leading to the empty beach . Except from 3 cars parked even the parking lot was wide open as one by one they parked next to each other .

 

 

         None got even a second to stretch their before all were punished by mrs kim to carrying everything from the car down to the beach .   .   .  All the blankets, the food, the chairs, the tables . The wine .   .   One by one all carried everything down . And while mr kim and eun busied thier hands arranging everything in order the men were too caught up on building the big tent and the volleyball net .   .  . Hyeon who was told to sit and just enjoy has hesitated on getting a task and mrs kim after much argument gave her the responsibility of putting the seats and chair in the tent the men sat up .

 

      “ .   .   .  We didn't come here to eat .  ,  why all the food “ sungi complained as he walking to the tent saw the table filled with food. He and joon with a bit to no help of lay had fixed the volleyball net while the ladies set up eevry thing under the tent.  

 

 

       “ .   .    .   Because after an hour of that you're gonna eat all the food and start complaining it wasn't enough “mrs kim replied with a smile.

 

    “ .   .   .  Now can you just sit “ mrs kim turning her smiling eyes to hyeon asked .  .  . The men around the fruit bowl taking a pices of the mouthwatering fruits raised their eyes to hyeon  

    

     “ .    .     .   Go accompany your gloomy boyfriend “ mrs kim pulling the napkin pack in her hands pointed at jae sitting by the right end  corner of the tent .

    His glasses on .   .  Ear phones tucked into to his ear .  .right leg resting atop the left while his shoes was kicked off to the left .  He seems to be enjoying the nice breeze as he hides from the sun in the tent .

 

   “ .   .   .  He looks like he came from a funeral “ mrs kim added as she started pushing hyeon's back to jae direction . Hyeon who had wanted to talk to lay about the 2 hour long ride he took with jae .  When she got a good view of lays face and he looked overly excited and happy to even be here while  glimpse of jaes face as he walked past her hyeon knew there were some things said in that car that are not sitting well with jae .

 

    “ .   .   . Actually ,  i  .  “ hyeon trying to resist the push at her back started mumbling pointing at the general direction the men were standing it .

 

  “ .   .   .   You're at the beach .  Time for some romance “ mrs kim putting more force into her push went on pushing hyeon who is taking slow steps

 

   “ .   .   .  Cuddle .  .    .  makeout ,  .   Talk it out .  ,  this is the best setting .  Don't worry we won't bother “ giving some ideas hyeon is bound to be shy about mrs kim gave one last push to hyeon and the pater a bit startled by what mrs kim said gave the lady a good stare but when she got a seriously from mrs kim collected her flying dress and started walking to the benches .


 

   “ .   .    .  are they really that shy or just timid?” the chef opening the first bear asked .   .   .  All eyes that had been following hyeon stayed on her legs that's she's slowly trailing to the man seated by the end .

 

  “ .   .  .  Jae is neither shy nor timid “ joon replied and all knew to trust his answer since he's the one who would know jae best .

 

  “ .   .   .   He's probably dying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter