lay's afternoon

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/sorry it's a very long chapter. i just couldn't figure out where to cut. sorry/

 

 

“ . . where to sir?” the driver that has been driving just straight for the last minute or so asked looking back at the man laid on the back seat . His coat along with his tie and phone thrown on teh floor lay’s body layer on the seat looks like a random drunk person's body .

 

. .sir .” the driver slowing down asked” all the free way interfaces coming at the next stop he need to know where he's supposed to be driving to before he passses thet junction. Again no answer from the drunk looking body in teh back seat .

. .do you want me to pull over”

 

. sir . ” raising his eyes to the rearview mirror the driver asked again . No reply. Having driven teh second son for almost the time he has been in seoul the driver is more than aware of lay’s behaviours especially the new ones that have started becoming common. Most of teh time the emotions his boss hids in front of others creep up and show their true color once he was hidden in the back seat. Feeling more than sorry for his boss teh driver has made it his job to hide everything he sees in the car to himself. All the drunk behaviours, all the smoking , the drinking . . from all those god knows what for drugs to the crazy girls what has he not seen displayed in the back seat

 

he is not responding where do you think he wants to go - . picking his phone up as he stopped his car at the light he texted the only person that might know his boss better than him.

 

His house- he got a quick reply which he didn’t question. Jessica told me to do it always works as a perfect excuse so he will do whatever she says.

 

Buzzz buzz- lays phone started ringing in teh back and after the third or fourth time , the driver saw a small movement as lay extended his hand to the floor and picked his phone up.

 

. . what do you want . “ he screamed assuring the driver that is wasn’t lays parents or jesica that was on the other line.

 

“. . fine “ he whispered as he threw the phone back down on the floor.

 

. . go to the Ritz” he ordered forcing his driver to make a soft right turn and head to the famous Ritz .

 

. .ahhh “ he heard a sigh as lay slowly picked himself up and sat up. Rather than fixing his cloth or messed up hair the first thing his hands reached for was the cigarette in his pocket.

 

His head that feels like it is being pinched by hundred needles all at once needs day's worth of sleep to fully work and all the drinking from last night wasn’t helping either. Considering teh last meal he ate being the salad from yesterday's lunch it was no wonder that all his body is beyond tired.

 

“ . .ahh . “ he sighed again as he breathed out the white smoke as his tired looking eyes focused their attention on teh street the car is slowly passing by. He needs out . ALL HE NEEDS NOW IS A WAY OUT.

 

. .the weather has been really nice this past week “ hoping he will get a reply teh driver tried to start a conversation but he didn’t get a reply. His boss seems to occupied focusing on teh people they were passing by . but then again people like his boss never cared about the weather . . .they are too busy occupied with their millions, .

 

The silent driver was over five minutes later when the driver pulled teh car to the driveway of the famous hotel.

 

 

. .oppa . .” before teh car came to a complete stop the two model looking girls who were standing by the driveway entered the back seat . much surprise to teh driver and driver only their arms were quickly wrapped around his boss as they landed kiss on his cheeks.

 

“ . .drive here .” on of the girls with teh y dimples gave the drive a card along with a quick smile as she handed the address .

 

. .Hyun was saying that there is this closed of party at her house Oppa you should come . taking the cigarette from between lays lips she brought it to her own and took a couple of sniffs.

 

. .it is gonna be amazing if you show up . . the other one whispered . she was more focused staring at the mirror in front and fixing her makeup.

 

“ . . So what's going on , you didn’t have work to day?” giving him back his cigarette she asked as she her hands went to his hair and started brushing it back. Lay didn’t reply nor did he stop her hands that went down from his hair to his chest and started fixing his shirt . her seems to familiar with his body for him to be bother by it the driver noted as he stole another look at what was going on in teh back seat . it wasn’t his first time seeing this girls but most of the time he saw them lay was drunk.

 

It was a very short drive as the car pulled over the parkway of the address the drive was handed over.

 

. . let’s go “ finally finished fixing her make up th eon eon teh right side was the first to get out the car . leaving his coat behind lay just picked his phone up and followed behind. Muh to his surprise it was teh last girl that gave the drive a quick smile and told him his services wouldn’t be needed anymore.

 

“ .OMG that’s luhans car . .that means the gang is already here” was the last thing teh driver heard before teh door was shut and he was left in the car as the three started walking away .knowing he would be questioned about lays where abouts later he made sure to take a picture of the place and also the small card the girl handed to him.

 

. .there you go” he let out a small smile as he sent teh three pictures along with the address to jessica.

 

What is this - she quickly texted back

That’s where your boy is at - he phone buzzed and she quickly picked it up and glanced at the text message.

 

. . so did we get a signature “ the accountants scream was what brought jessica's mind back to teh room she was in.

 

“ . .here you go and he will not be coming in today” handing him the signed files she broke teh news that her boss wouldn’t be coming in today

“ . . WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE WON'T BE COMING “ slapping the file onto teh table he screamed.

“ . .he has a very important meeting at 2 “

 

“ . .like I said he won’t be coming in , you can call him and check”

“ . .how can you let him

. . what do you mean how can you let him . . .HE IS MY BOSS “ before he even finished his sentence she screamed out silencing him.

 

. .IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO COME HE CAN “

. . .IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT YOU KNOW HIS NUMBER CALL HIM” slamming the daily meeting schedule on his desk she started walking out the office.

 

. .yobuseyo “ taking some deep breathes she picked he phone and answered the call she got.

. .hey oppa , am doing great . how are you “ till teh elevator's doors opened she kept on pressing 11.

 

. .Oh My God I would love that , i am actually free in the afternoon”

. ..yeah , definitely” she gave the man in the elevator a small smile as she got on.

 

. . I’ll call you back when i'm done . .I just need to go home and change”

 

God knows she needed a break and maybe it was him that made her boss take a day off. Not even bothered by the pile of documents scattered on her desk she threw todays assignments down and picked her bag . It wasn’t like the company will be in shatters if she didn’t work one afternoon.

“ . .hey can i make an appointment , i can be at the shop in like half an hour” her phone held to her ear with her shoulders she started pressing down on the floor button. If she takes teh free way she knows she can get to her favorite hair shop in like half an hour . . . if she was gonna risk being fired for not showing up she was gonna do it with style.

 

. .yeah I can . i am already on my way “

 

she said it took only half an hour to get to the shop she hasn’t been in for months. A quick chit chat about why she's hasn’t been there for a long time and they were already started on her hair that needed a cut before anything else. Her phone turned off and credit card out on the table she didn’t even hesitate to get a facial , manicure and pedicure. . . today is gonna be her day. There was no way she could turn this boring tuesday to her typical started nights that used to go till morning.

 

 

Her makeover was very quick as she went home and picked one of her special occasion dresses. Her card and some cash in her luth bag she was out the house around 1 . Agreeing t pick her up . . her oppa was at her apartment gate by 1 too. The first ten minutes just wasted on him complimenting her look and fashion that has changed in the years he hasn’t seen her . . always teh confident one she walked like she knew how stunning she was too as she gave him the supermodel catwalk.

. . So how are you allowed to just take a day off if you're working for the G.m “ he started his questioning right after they decided where to grab their lunch .

 

. .he took a day off and am his assistant . how can I assist him when he is not at work” it was good to see that her fiery attitude hasn’t changed at all.

. . how are you not fired yet with a tongue like that “

. .because bite it and keep everything in . . .it’s yes sir , no sir once I walk into that building” it a very short and witty term she described how she had even reached to the 11 floor. Four full years of missing every holiday and every birthday to work 12 hours a day is what got her from the 3rd floor to 11. Not even one simple mistake ever made . . not even a wrong date in any report she reported and with her good looks and charm it was super easy w=even for her higher ups to send her up the ladder to be the right hand for the G.m. . .her next step would have been teh executive director which she had prayed to always work for considering he run teh whole company Even just a year under jae might have granted her a great position at other companies cus teh experience working with him was worth beyond she could learn at any busines school. She remembers how much she jumped up and down in joy when she heard she was going to work for the G.M which was just one step from her dream job.

 

. . so how's work? “

. . i don’t want to talk about work actually, this is my break” brushing her hair back she gave him a small smile. Just like she asked he dropped every question about work and started chatting about everything else. Once they got into their rhythm the two were having crazy laughs back and forth discussing everything they remember about their college years. To bring in all the crazy memories the car pulled up at one of their favorite restaurants.

 

“ . . still can’t believe you came out dressed like this for me “

. it’s not for you . .I just want to enjoy today” placing her bag on the table she sat down fixing her dress. As he picked teh menu up and started irdering she her phone . .it might not be a great idea to have it turned off all day . even the last two or three hours she has had it turned off have been worrisome and just like she thought they was something to worry about .

 

19 Missed calls

4 voice mails

8 text messages.

 

“ . .Oh God” she sighed as she read the first few messages. Teh ones from the office or the secretary wasn’t surprising but she has had even some calls from her boss, lay.

 

sorry i missed your call . am on my way - she texted lay immediately as she broke the news to her oppa and they started heading out the restaurant. An emergency meeting called in by the c.e.o was something not even lay would miss and it was no wonder he called her and not just the secretary from the office.

:. . the whole family is a mess” she sighed out as she started buckling her seatbelt . .she has already apologised enough that she has messed up his lunch.

 

“ . hope you don’t get yelled at for not being there “

. .they have their own mess to worry about before they get to me . here's the address” she handed him teh picture lays driver sent her earlier.

. .am just picked him him up and dropping him at teh office , we will eat lunch after “ with a small smile and hoping he wouldn’t be that botherd to be driving her around she asked.

 

“ .I wanna see your crappy boss and your office so it’s okay “ he looked more enthusiastic about driving her that being sad about their date thing that just got ruined.

 

It was a very quick drive as they drove away from the traffic and got to the address.

 

disheveled looking lay was standing by the parkway . .

. .how is he the G.m. “ as he pulled over he roppa asked keeping his eyes on lay . .his shirt halfway opened .a cigarette in between his lips . his messed up hair . . he looked like a rich neighbourhood punk that a G.M that had thousands working below him.

 

. .hello sir . “ hyeon opening the door got out. His eyes kept on teh road lay had been waiting for teh company car or jessica's car but the lexus that pulled over right next to him had caught him by surprise as jessica jumped out from the passenger's seat. Not giving him a second to take in teh fact that she just got out of a car he doesn’t know off jessica got out giving him a good look at what she has turned her look to in the couple of hours he hasn't seen her.

 

 

“ . sorry for being late, i had some serious matter to take care of “ she gave him a small bow. She could smell the cigarette and the alcohol from a couple steps away. Not even his strong perfume could hide it away.

 

. cough cough .. “ lay coughed throwing the cigarette down. He needs a minute or two to get his thoughts together but first what on earth kind of serious matter did she had that she was dressed this way. It was as though he was splashed by ice water that his brain woke up when he saw her . . . was she the same person he saw in the morning.

 

“ . . we should be going “ she opened the back seat door for him .

 

. .sorry I was in a rush and didn’t have time to pick up my car , this is taeyang he's gonna drop us at the office” taeyang was teh only one smiling as he extended his hand to teh back to shakes lays hand that never reached out to him . first thing to note . .jessica's boss doesn’t like him . .just the way lay looked at him would have been enough but how he didn’t even wanna shake his hand was a clear indication that teh man in teh back seat didn't like the one driving the car.

 

. .huh .” jessica sighed a she took what just happened . it wasn’t surprising that lay didn’t want to shake hands . .considering how much he might have drank or whatever illegal thing he took it's a wonder he's conscious of what he's even doing.

 

. .where are we going ?”

“ .oh here .” leaning forward jessica started putting the company address on the gps.

 

. .if there are good restaurants we can eat around your office if you want “ knowing exactly what he is doing her hyung asked . .the straight eyes he got from both jessica and lay was surprising it was as though they were in rhythm.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter