she's done crying.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

 

   “ .     .      .  Can you get me a copy of the agenda for the general meeting “ hyeon asked as she opened her office door and walked in . Forget the agenda meeting jessica jumped up from her desk and ran following hyeon into the office.

 

   “ .    .    .  I don't know what going on but she stayed up the whole night crying again”  seung has called jessica in the morning and asked if anything have happened at work.

 

    “ .   .   .  She didn't eat anything either she just sat in front of the tv the whole weekend  “ seung filled with worry have asked. Even when she was at work she has locked herself in her  office  for hours and just left for home without saying anything. But now hearing about how she stayed up all night , jessica is fully convinced that jae’s parents might have already started their attacks.

 

       For the first time glasses on her eyes,  hyeon was busy going through her files as jessica scans her standing by the door .

 

   “ .   .   .  What did they say ?” jessica folding her arms asked . She is more than 100% sure that somebody probably said something to hyeon either the C.E.O or the madam

 

    “ .    .     .  Did they tell you to break it off?” she asked again,  when she didn't get an answer for her first question. Hyeon , as if she didn't hear , just went on looking for what ever it is she is looking for .

 

    “ .     .      .  Did they threaten you?” jessica tried another question but it didn't work either and she didn't get even a slight reaction out of the girl busily  throwing the papers away.

 

    “ .   .    .  Here” jessica picked the agenda meeting dated for today but before hyeon grabbed it away from her she hid it behind her back.

 

   “ .    .    .  What did they say?” she asked her eyes not having a full view of hyeon's swollen eyes and daunting face .

 

    “ .   .   .  something must have happened  seung said you cried the whole night through the whole weekend .    .   “

 

    “ .    .   .  am gonna be late “ her voice has completely disappeared.  hyeon tried snatching the file away but failed when jessica moved it to her other side .

 

  “ .    .     .  Then tell me quickly , did they tell you to end it” she asked glaring her eyes .   . Warning hyeon .

 

   “ .    .    .  They didn't “ hyeon replied snatching the file away from jessica's hand.

 

     “  .     .     .  He did “ hyeon whispered out as she left the room. Jessica taken aback by what she just heard stood there but rather than her it was lay who was about to walk in and heard their conversation that froze shocked .

 

 

    “ .   .   .  You have a meeting in 20 with the assistant manager” hyeon gave lay a small bow as she passed by him.

    Squeezing the file in her hands hyeon tries to keep her head up and walk through the hallway towards the conference room. As though she is floating, she doesn't even feel the gravity holding her up straight as her legs following the steps they have taken many times lead her to the room.

 

     Not the pain in her head nor the aching of her empty stomach does hyeon feel anymore .   .   . Everything has turned black .   .   .  Colorless.   .  Meaningless.     .   .   Just plane black .     .     .  A suffocating darkness that no matter how hard she cried it through that doesn't seem to even be lifted away from her broken heart.

 

     She has cried it all out .   .   .  She has cried till her voice disappeared .   .    . Sitting right by the tv she has used its voice to mask her cries when her eyes running out of tears just went on glaring at the blurry pictures of the tv.

 

   “ .     .     .  I must not have liked you that much .    .   .  “ is what her ears keeps hearing when she tries to recall everything he said. Every syllable of the words sending arrows right into her heart she couldn't even stop her trembling body from shaking as she tries to turn the water on in the shower .   .    . Failing even at that simple task she sat through the cold water attacking her clothed body for about hours.

 

   “ .   .     .  Today’s meeting is for budget overview “ the guy in charge of running these meeting speaks out loud to get everybody's attention.

 

     “ .    .     .  I must not have liked you that much “ it's the raspy voice that's fading away the more she plays it,  that echoes in her ear as she seats at the right corner .   .    . eyes glaring at the desk in front while her mind is somewhere else.  .   Drowning in its own thought.  

 

       How can she be hurt like this ?   .    .     .  Who can she love him this much when he doesn't even seem to like her that much ? .     .

 

    “ .    .    .  I love you “ she has whispered at his ears weeks ago .  .   .  his shocked and dismayed look now replaying in her head. Now she knows why he was left speechless when she confessed the feeling she has always been scared of even acknowledged let alone confes.  How could she have said it at ease like that ? .    .    .  How could she have trusted him just like that?

 


 

      When she was wrapped in his arms .   .   .  Or glaring at his eyes that stare at her with what she thought was so much care .   .  Or even when he takes her breath away with his kisses . Hyeon has though it was those feeling of happiness and desire .   .  . The longing just to see him and hear his raspy voice that she thought of as love. The happiness she felt when she just sat next to him was what she taught convinced her of how much she loved that man but no .   

 

  Its now, when she's sitting in the middle of a meeting surrounded by people and feel completely alone .   .  Surrounded by a terrifying darkness when in a luxuriously light room . When the voice she has come to be obsessed with heating have told her to not touch him .    .    .  When his eyes that have made her fall for them have turned blank glaring at her .    .   .  Its right at this moment when his absence has crushed down her world that she realizes how much she loves him.

 

         Its when she realizes that if he comes running asking her for forgiveness .   . Her heart can't help but accept him with open arms that she knows she has crossed a line. unknowingly she has given her whole heart to him .   .   .  Not even a fraction of it left for anything else .   .  Now when he has shredded it to pieces is when she remembers once again why she has always hidden and guarded herself away from anyone.

 

      Sitting up right frozen with not even her eyes blinking hyeon sat through the three hour meeting without even hearing a word of the conversations exchanged . Even after everybody has left .   .   Her eyes still stuck to the desk she sat by herself in the empty room not even realizing the cleaning ladies that walked in picking the leftover water bottles and paper and sorting the chair back in order.

 

  “ .    .     . excuse me mama” one of the ladies started tapping hyeon lightly

 

 “ .    .   .  Excuse me “ it took a few more taps before hyeon slowly turned her head to the lady .

 

  “ .   .   .  Are you ok?” the lady asked . Even for someone who has never seen hyeon her face looks alarming . Not replying hyeon picked the file from her table and stood up walking out .

 

   “ .   .    .  I heard she's the one who seduced the executive director “ the lady by the left corner spoke out shocking all the ladies in the room .

 

   “ .    .    . I heard she seduced the general manager first and got the job” she added the gossip she has been hearing across the offices the whole week last week.

 

    When she walked in her office hyeon didn't even glance jessica’s way as the later was sitting on the couch waiting for hyeon.  She has waited the whole three hours thinking about every possibility as to why Jae would have called it off . Even Though she didn't think he would win jessica was convinced at least he would put up a fight.    .    .  If he loved her , he would put up a fight. Isn’t he suppose to fight for her ?

 

  

    “ .     .    .  I would love it if you don't ask me anything?” hyeon there the file o to the pile stacked on the floor and sat down on her chair turning the computer on.

 

    “ .    .    . Hyeon its

 

“ .    .   .  Please don’t “

 

 

        Hyeon interrupted before jessica said anything . She is seconds away from breaking down and if she even looks at jessica's worried face fearing she might explode , hyeon kept her eyes to the bright screen in front of her .

 

 

  Quietly jessica stood up and walked out , closing the office door behind her.  Hyeon is hurt .    .      . She is very hurt . Jessica slowly walked up to her desk and picked up the phone calling every office to cancel every meeting hyeon has the whole day.

    

 

    -------------    ---------------


 

“ .    .     .  This is what we're gonna do , we have the elections coming up in a couple of weeks “ his uncle went on talking while lay standing by the window just stares out into the gloomy city .


 

   “ .   .   .  He did”  hyeon has said and he has heard her clearly.  Did hyong really end it? Hands in his pocket lay ponders on as his brain can't even seem to process that his hyong would even say stuff like “ it's over “ to hyeon.

 

     He has seen them .   .   .  He has seen how much his brothers eyes light up when he sees hyeon .   .  His lifeless  vampire like white skin fills up with life whenever she's around .   .    .   How could he then be the one breaking it all off?   Lay can't seem to find an answer but if he would get out of his own head and listen to his uncle he might have gotten the hint.

 

  “ .   .     .  What were gonna do is just leake her information to the media and let them blow the whole thing up “

 

     “ .   .   .  Once his name starts becoming t'entend them that's when we attack with the shareholders” the uncle goes of explaining his extensive plan to get rid of jae once and for all . Caught up in his own plan though he didn't notice how much his nephew is not even paying any attention to what his blabbing about .

 

        “   .   .   . Why would hyong do that?” lay no matter how much his head started hurting went on busying it with question after question.

 

     “ .   .    .  What i need from you is to sign the paperwork to shut the pr from giving out any expansion when all this happiness .  “

 

“ .   .   .  We can't have the damage control people cleaning up the mess we're creating do we “ the uncle started laughing as he slides the apper to the other end of the table along with a pen .

 

  “ .   .   .  Lay “he called out when he noticed the zoned out lay standing by the window.

 

 

   “ .   .   .  Lay” he called out again this time getting lays attention.

        

 “ .     .   .  Your signature “ the uncle pointed at the paper .  . Taking the two or three steps back lay picked the pen up signed at the bottom before he turned back to his position.

 

    “ .    .    .   I hear the girl is a lawyer is she any good?” the uncle asked but never got a reply.

 

   “ .   .    .  I thought the educated one would know better than to mess with people so far out of their reach but no” he placed the signed paper i to the folder and placed it in the first drawer .   .  He needs to keep it until needed.

 

  “ .   .   .  I got go .i ‘ve .    .  “ without finishing his sentence lay ran out of the office and towards the elevator doors that the two ladies just walked out off.

 

   Click - the doors closed as he pressed 11 .

 

“ .    .   .  Welcome sir .  .  “ jae’s secretary gave him a  small bow as he ran into the hallway .

 

   “ .    .   .  Is hyong back at work ?” he asked as he turned around noticing how bright and cleaned up it has become .  Having heard his brother claim that his quitting so many times if hes back then there is definitely something going on and his parents might be involved with it.

 

      “ .     .     .  He went to china last week , he's handling the factory contact” the secretary with a smile replied. Unlike her smile lays face turned white when he heard what she said .

 

       Jae is back at work .    .     .  Jae is back at work. , lay brushed his hair back sighing anxiously .

 

  BANG- he bangged the satres door and started running down to the 10th floor .   .   .  its his dad . The only person who will force jae to come back is his dad . He has been holding the resignation letter for weeks not letting jae quit.

 

BAng- he walked into the the ceo's office.

 

 “ .  .   . Ommo” the dad secretary jumped up holding her arms by her heart as the loud noise startled her.

 

   “ .   .    .  The C.E.O. is not here he went to rome with the madam “ she shouted out right before lay walked into his dad's office.

 

  “ .   .     .   he will be back by next week .  . If it's urgent he said to let the executive director know” he didn't let her finish as he stormed out of the office . It’s definitely his dad. With tax season starting tomorrow there is no way his dad would leave to anywhere unless Jae is in charge. The older son is the only one he trusts with this big of a task.

 

  Not jae .    .  Not his dad .    .   Even he couldn't find hyeon when he walked back to his office . Both her and jessica seem to be gone .

 

    Emergency

 

          Hyeon is not feeling well so am gonna take care of her for today . You have a meeting at 6 with the accountants. Hyeon has prepared the file for you but make sure to double check , she is not in the right state of mind. Thank you .

  your secretary.

 

   Lay found the note jessica placed on his desk .  .   .  He turned his phone down . He was trying to call and find out where the girls have gone. A day off .   .  He smirked even if she loved his brother a fraction of how much he used to care about her lay could imagine how much pain hyeon would be going through.  

 

    But she's not like him .    .    .  Unlike him she truly had a brief amount of time where she got a glimpse of what true happiness is all about and that rather than making her glad it's just gonna sting even more harder now.

 

    “ .    .    .  Hyong” Lay screamed out .


 

-----------    ---------------


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter