The store.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“ .   .  So what's the plan now ?”  jessica taking a sip of her water asked . The conference that was suppose to fill her afternoon canceled jessica had ran out of the office as she called hyeon and dragged her out for a late lunch . Her friend, she hasn't seen for about a month now was becoming a long distant one and jessica unable to take it had been the one to call and ask to meet up.

 

   “ .    .  Well, they will stay with me till school is over then the family is gonna settle it “ hyeon still trying to massage her neck that has been bugging her since she got up answered . Since the moment they sat down at their favorite spot but the restaurant right across from the mall all their conversation has been about the kids.

 

 

  “ .    .   One of their aunt lives in america she said she will take sunbin “ hyeon added recalling the absurd idea one of the aunt came up with. If only the aunts knew the kids just as much as hyeon , she would have known those two couldn't live one Part from one another . Eunbi couldn't even sleep in another room away from her sister for more than one night , and they want to separate them by an ocean. What a great idea.

 

 “ .   .  What did you say ?” jessica startled about what she heard asked leaning towards hyeon on the other side of the table. Every phone conversation between them for the last couple of weeks had been about the kids and jessica knowing how much hyeon is willing to do to get those kids in her custody hs thought about every possibility but couldn’t figure out one.

 

 “ .   .  What can i say , they are their aunts “ letting go of her neck hyeon picked her chopstick And started eating . Thier favorite restaurant being where they decided to meet they had ordered their usual meal . Unlike jessica who is having big bits of her late lunch, hyeon doesn't look like she even had an appetite for any of it but then again , she had already had lunch at home while she was busy cooking some things for dinner.

 

 “   .   What do the kids want?” jessica asked even though she knew the answer.

 

 “ .   . It's not about what they want now , it's about who can provide them the best environment “ hyeon knows too well how the system work in this kind of cases . She had worked as a legal advisor at the court for years and had seen the good And the worst when it comes to child custody issues .

 

   “ .   . Am trying hard not to think too much about til school is over cuz i get a headache “ massaging her head with one hand hyeon added as the other that had a hold the chopsticks placed them down on the table. As she busied herself cleaning the whole house in the morning her mind has gone through hundreds of thoughts about what she can do and will do once school is over .

 

   “ .    . Huh .  “she sighed both hands now making small rotation on her forehead as she tries to massage her head that is starting to aceh .

 

 

 “ .   .  Let change the subject “ jessica before hyeon's headAche started getting worse tried to come up with another topic that could overshadow the sad situation they had been talking about .

 

   “ .   .   How is your husband doing?” jessica asked with a  flirtatious smile in as hyeon eyes looked up her way. The ex executive she hasn’t seen for months now must have been doing great having all his free time and spending it with hyeon .

 

  “ .  .  He is not my husband “ hyeon in an annoyed voice replied returning her eyes back onto the table.

 

 “ .   .   But he is fine “ hyeon whispered in a low voice but made sure jessica heard her clearly .

 

 “ .   .    Do you miss him already , you were at his house till yesterday “ jessica still having the same smile added as she went in eating . She knows one of the reason hyun's brain hasn't exploded because of stress and the reason she might not even have asked to meet jessica had been because of their executive director actually ex-executive director .

 

“ .    .    Oh my god “ hyeon cried out as she stretched her back .  .   Her whole spin down from her neck is aching like crazy as she sat slouched back . Her body that has became foreign even to her , after the pregnancy has been hurting everywhere but the last couple of days had been crazy  and having woken up 6 and busied herself cleaning and cooking till she got jessica's call hyeon didn't give her body the break it need either .

 

“ .    .    That much hu “ jessica smiling ear to ear as hyeon's  annoyed eyes turned her way added .

 

  “ .   . I heard you stayed a week at his house .  

 

“ .    . It must have been some week “ jessica added placing her chopstick down and picking her glass and winking hyeon way .

 

  “ .    .    Yaa” hyeon screamed startling even the couple on the table next to her . Jessica not phased by the scream just went on laughing .

 

   “ .    .   My back .  “ hyeon sighed as she pushed her shoulder out and massaged her back for a second or two before she laid her body back against the glass wall next to her .

 

“ .   .  I think I need a good message “ hyeon added picking her chopsticks and looking at her food . No Matter how she stretches her back or tries to massage it , it won’t work so why bother.

 

  “  .   .  My whole body feels so stiff “ she added as she went on complaining to the girl right in front of her who is busy eating whatever was left on her plate.

 

  “ .   .  So tense.  “ hyeon added taking a bite .

 

 “ .   .   I need those serious messages “

 

“ .   .  Or get played “ as nonchalant as she ever was jessica added placing her spoon down and sending her hand to her water glass.

 

 “ .   .  What .   “ jessica asked as she glanced up and found hyun's startled eyes staring at her.

 

 “ .   .  I read somewhere that pregnant women have more hormones and stuff that increases their libido “

 

“ .   .  Maybe that's why you're so stiff all around “ with a small smile on her face jessica placed her glass and looked up at the startled hyeon who has stayed motionless.

 

 “ .   .  Let's not pretend you don't know what i'm talking about hyeon “ jessica leaning  forward gave hyeon's shoulder a tap or two .

 

  “ .    .  You know exactly  what i'm talking about” she gave hyeon another small smile.

 

 

  “ .   .  How are you my friend?” hyeon asked as she picked her water and glued it down .

 

 “ .   .    You know it's not good to keep all that energy in , you need to release it “ jesica added giving another thing to startle hyeon with . It's one of the things jessica enjoys , making hyeon blush like crazy .

 

  “ .   .  am sure , your husband won't mind giving you the message , “ jesica winking at hyeon unblinking eyes went on smiling .

 

  “ .   .  You seriously have no filter do you “ hyeon placing the empty glass down asked as she started brushing her hair back .

 

“ .   .  Why do I need to filter myself infront of you and it's not like i'm saying anything provocative “

 

 “ .  . I just said you might need great rather than a massage “ jessica folding her arms spoke in a bit of a louder voice knowing hyeon will get paranoid about the people around them hearing their conversation and just like she thought hyen's shocked eyes have in  second scanned the people sitting arouodn them who were busy minding their own business .

 

  “ .   .   .  This is ridiculous “ jessica smiling lenaed forward to hyeon to get a good look at her friend.

 

  “ .   .  You now,  we all know how you got that baby bump right? “ jessica pointing at hyeon's stomach asked .

 

  “ .   .   What do you want me to do then jump on the man “ hyeon shouted out startling not just jessica but the waiter who was there to place their bill. As hyeon's face turned into a quick smile his way the waiter didn't even flinch as he placed the bill and walked away with his baffled eyes glaring at the crazy looking hyeon smiling his way .

 

  “ .   .   I have so many  thing to worry about “ hyeon nervously smiling added . Even she couldn't believe what she had spated out . When her nervous fingers started playing with her hair she have been a clue to jessica how hyeon wishes she hadn’t said what she just did .

 

 

  “ .   .  If you want to you can jump him,  I don't think he would mind “ jessica placing the card that was in her hand on top of the bill added as her friend went on , with her head down playing with her hair.

 

  “  .    .  Are you crazy , am not doing that “ hyeon spat out  rushing her hair back and glancing at jessica.

 

“ .   .  Why not ? It's not like he's a stranger “

 

“ .   .   Or are you worried about your incent and shy reputation being ruined “ jessica added smiling ear to ear as though she had figured out some secret hyeon has been hiding away and when hyeon's eyes glanced her way with a surprised look ,she knew she was right on the point.

 

  “  .    .    I wish i had that reputation to begin with “

 

“ .   .  I was the one that forced him for our first time , “ hyeon slamming her head slowly against the ta el added as the image of that night clearly started appearing in her head .

 

  “ .  .  I even striped and chased him to the bedroom  “ she cried out , now he full embarrassment for what she did that night kicking in .

 

 “ SERIOUSLY “jessica shouted. She couldn't believe what she has just heard . First of all hyeon who had refused to even mention what it was like to kill one of the richest man in the country has just blatantly started talking about her fiets night with him  and to add to that , the fact that hyeon was the one that initiated it .   .   . That's something jessica would never have believed if she hadn’t heard it right from hyeon lips like she just did .

 

  “ .   .  God am so shameless” she added as she went on slamming her head against  the table. The shocked tone she heard from jessica has tripled the embarrassment.

 

 

 “ .   .  YOU STRIPED INFORNT OF HIM AND CHASED .   WHAT?” jessica still not able to believe what she heard repeated what hyeon had said .

 

   “ .   .  Waaa , you're just amazing aren’t you” jessica added as hyun's slowly raised her head up brushing her hair behind her ear . Jessica's smile was to precious to miss .  . Her embarrassment  is at least making one person happy.

 

  “ .   .  No wonder he is spellbound by you “ jessica leaning back to let the water pick up the plates and leftover food added.

 

  “ .   .    You are beyond amazing “

 

“ .   .    How's he gonna think i'm shy then after that “ hyeon not accepting jessica's compliments went on complaining .

 

 “ .  .  I don’t know why i always do things  i regret later when am with him “

 

  “ .   .    .  WAA , you stripped “jessica still caught on that asked  again and the waiter that was picking the last palte didn't stop from sending his eyes to hyeon who he was sure jessica's words were directed at .

 

 “ .  Ya “ hyeons slapped jessica's hand as she gave the waiter a small smile . Acknowledging this table was definitely crazy the quarter started walking away with the plates.

 

 “ .   .    I never thought you would even lean to kiss him cus you're so innocent but boy was i wrong you are miss confident

 

 “ .   .  I am not confident “ hyeon was quick to protest.

 

“ .   .  That was a one time thing and the whole night was just “ hyeon couldn't find the words to explain or what she should even say as another image of how she had slipped that blanket of her body and teased jae with her body got displayed right most of her eyes very vividly .

 

  “ .  . Oh my God “ covering her face hyeon sighed.

 

 “ .   .    Just strip in front of him again and am sure he will get the memo and get rid of this tension you're crying about “jessica placing her card in her wallet recommend .

 

  “ .   .  I am not stripping in front of him “

 

“ .   that night was special” hyeon covering her face with her hands went on sighing .

 

 “ .   .  Am sure it was “ jessica added knowing hyeon fiery eyes would be sent her way and indeed they did

 

“  just make this one special too then “ she added as hyeon eyes stayed on her . From the looks of it hyeon still looks all shy and innocent but after what she had heard jessica is having a hard time to believe hyeon as she acts like she is to shy to do anything .

 

 “ .    .    That's not happening . but even if i was crazy enough to decide to do it . Look at me “ hyeon pointed at herself as she sat back. She wasn’t the skinny and all y hyeon that use to work those regular jeans and shirt look to make even the riches of the riches men like jae wonder what kind of body she was hiding behind those rag looking cloth . That body is long gone now .    .    . Now she is a pregnant women .

 

  “ .   .   What time is your work ?” as hyeon brushing her back looke dup what waited for her was jessica's blank face. Just how hyeon had phrased her words and her pit filled voice that shouted those words out .   .  Jessica might have found one clue as to why hyeon comes off as shy . Or why she feels uncomfortable talking about subjects related to or her body or anything in between .

 

   “ .    .    .   You look way beautiful that you ever did “

 

“ .   .  Of course your gonna say that , you're my friend “ hyeon was quick to reply . Jessica knew no matter how much she tries she won't be able to convince hyeon . The issue is a bit deeper and might need jae , who has been the reason why hyeon feels insecure to begin with to fix it . She has heard that when women get pregnant some start to seriously feel insecure about their bodies and start resenting themselves .

 

 

“ .    .   This is like a very stiff pumped up balloon “ hyeon as she stood up and picked her bag up stated what she had used to describe herself earlier.

 

   “ .   .    .   No your not “jessica picking her bag and following hyeon started protesting .

 

  “ .   .   You’re beautiful  and y and smart and no matter what i'm sure he can see that beyond everything else” jessica quickly walking to hyeon side added as they headed to the door .

 

  “ .    .   Hahaha “ hyeon had since the moment she arrived her started laughing . Jessica's right hand landing on hyeon shoulder the two walked out the restaurant all in smiles .

 

 “ .   .  Oh my , you shoulder is really stiff “ jessica commented as she got a good grip of hyeon shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

 

 “ .   .   Told you , i need a serious message “

 

“ .   .    Don’t spend your money on that just go visit your hubby and get him to get rid of it “ jessica giving hyeon another wink started going down the statis as she left the annoyed looking hyeon behind .

 

  “ .   .   .  He will get rid of all this tension and bring that smile back into your face “ jessica added

 

  “ .   Why dont you just go back to work “ hyeon complained

 

“ .   .  Why you trying to get rid of me cus i told you the truth” jessica smiling ear to ear waited for hyeon to catch up to her .

 

 “ .   .   .  You know it's him that your body is asking for not some damn message” jessica wrapping her right hand across hyun's left one added as they started walking hand in hand . The office is 15 or so minutes away .

 

   “ .   .   You know it's true “ jessica seemed like she wouldn't let it go as her puppy eyes glaring at hyeon waited til hyeon said something .

 

  “ .   .   Am sure you are thinking about it right now aren't you “

 

“  .   .  Oh my god , i got it “ jessica shouted startling hyeon.

 

 “ .   .   I know what your cure is “ jessica turning swiftly to the right started pulling hyeon to the direction she was rushing too.

 “ .   .  Where are we going ?”

 

“ .   .  Oh my god , this is amazing” jessica as she went on pulling hyeon tk the cross road in front of them added.

 

 “ .    .    If your planing on  something stop it , am not sleeping or doing anything ridiculous” hyeon complained as she followed behind .   

 

 “ .   .   I know your problem is with him so let's eliminate  him” jessica smiling ear to ear had glanced hyeon's way . Even Though she knew whatever was coming wasn't gonna be a good idea hyeon tagged along for the 10 minute walk they took long the main street and all the shortcuts to get to the mysterious looking building .  

 

  “ .   .  What is this ?” hyeon asked and again before she got an answer she was dragged up the stairs to the black glass door then to the elevator . The mysterious looking building with no signs on the outside didn't give any information  as to what was inside of it even in the hallway .

 

  “ .    .  Where on earth are we going?” hyeon when she couldn't figure out anything asked , even though the building and all its paintings and furniture looked fancy it didn't give any hint as to what it was .

 

  “ .   .    . Just come on “ jessica leading pass the hallway through the small corridor opened the door to downstairs and held it for hyeon to walk in first.

 

 “ .  .   .  Where one earth are we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter