New Job , New boss .

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"  .   .   . Where the hell have you been .       .  " mr lee screamed at hyeon just before she put her key into the lock .

   " .    .    .  So many people were looking for you .   .  " he handed her a pile of papers wrapped in a plastic bag , through the window

     "    .      .       .  Even the old lady that works at your office dropped by she said your boss was looking for you "

 

   " .   .   . I know,

 “     .       .      . i got her message " hyeon opened the door .

 " .   ,   .  Are you ok, now ?" Mr lee asked

" .    .   . Were all fine , thank you for everything "  hyeon followed the kids and got in

 

  " .     .     .   Omg , after staying at their house our house is so small  .    .      .  .    . "Seung threw her bag on the kitchen table and walked across to the fridge . Hyeon took her shoes off and started opening the window

 

    "   .     .        .  I'm gonna wash my apple .    .   .  " eun bi followed her sister behind .   .  . Tiptoeing to get to the sink . Seung noticing the little girl reaching out to the sink, she took the apple out of her sister's hand and started washing it.

 

    " .    .       . You had a big lunch , so take a break and then do your homeworks  , you're going to school tomorrow "  hyeo started arranging the mail and all the paper she got from mr lee in order by date .

 

       " .     .   .    but tomorrow is friday lets just rest tomorrow too and go back on monday " seung handed the appeal to eun bi , walked across to the couch and sat next to hyeon .    .      .  Her eyes looking around for the remote.

 

   " .     .       . You already didn't go to school for 2 days , .    .     . Thats enough break " she opened the 1st letter . Its from her bank.

 

      " .      .      . Oh come on  .        " seung started pleading .  .   .  But got distracted when her eyes located the remote and she reached out to get it,

 

   2nd letter ,HR office, city council

              Your resignation has been processed please come and pick up your copy .

 

    " .    .    .  What is it onni ?" Seung asked noticing the change in hyeon’s face, she leaned forward and started reading the letter,

 

     " .     .    . You quit .    .    " seung screamed ,

 

" .    .     .  I had to , they were gonna fire me any way " she ripped the letter up and threw it into the plastic bag mr lee handed her all the papers in.   

 

     " .   .      .   So whats your plan .   .   . " seung asked turning the tv on . She doesn't need to worry since hyeon always has a plan .  .   .  She won't quit with no back up plan.

 

    " .    .     .  You do have one , right ?"  Hyeon didn't respond just put all the papers and unopened letter into the plastic bag and stood up , walking to the bedroom.

 

 

     " .    .   .  Am gonna take a nap , watch your sister " hyeon closed the door behind her , seung glanced back to the kitchen finding her sister sitting on her tiny chair next to the dining table trying hard to eat the apple .

 

       "  whats the plan ?" Hyeon threw the bag on the floor , she has minutes before she started freaking out .   .  . Her bank statement slipped out of the plastic bag        .    .  Forcing her eyes  to zoom on the available amount  column .

 

 Available amount 1,200. 53 4$ but after rent which is due in by the end of this weekend , the available amount will go down to 400.53 .    .    Thats it . Four hundred dollars and no job .

If she was by herself that 400 can last her month by cutting down expenses but she has two kids to take off.  

 

     Hyeon got on the bed squeezing her legs upto her chest .    .     .     Finally out of ideas, finding any type of civil job with her name is gonna be hard after howthe rumor spread at every city councils around seoul . Ngo's would be perfect but most don't pay well or don't pay at all .     .     .

 

    " .     .    .  What are you gonna do now " she squeezed her head that's about to burst out , she has been warned multiple times by the doctor that stress is her main problem .    .   .  But how can she not when she has a problem this big to deal with . For the last two weeks she has applied and contact every friend she has and everyone she knows to find a job even a part time one .    .    ,  nothing . She can ask one of many restaurant owners she knows but that won't pay much to cover even the house let alone have some left over to take care of the kids with . Mrs kim at her favorite restaurant would be more than  happy to give her a job .    .    . She has been always there for hyeon when ever she needed money or a place to stay .

 

       Hyeon sat squished like that for over an hour just thinking about how she's gonna make ends meet. While the kids in the living room went on watching tv .    .      .  But two hours in she couldn't handle it anymore and got up heading to the kitchen . She has to keep herself busy from thinking about it.

 

        "      .       . I'm gonna wash the cloth .    .  " she screamed pulling out the washing material neatly organized below the sink .

 

           Buzz , buzz her phone started screaming from across the room .   .  .  Running fast sun bi brought it up to hyeon.

 

  " .   .   .  Hello , miss hyeon ?" The voice on the other side asked .

     

  " yeah , who’s this?" Hyeon held the phone on her ear by pushing it in by sholder .   .   .  Her hands were busy sorting through the cloth

 

   " .    .   . annyong ,

“  .this is Mr yoo from the piano academy .    .   .  We meet a couple of times about weeks ago "

 

   " .   .   . Oh , mr yoo .     , annyeonghaseyo " hyeon gave a small bow even though the man on the other side can't even see it .

 

          " .        .  I was just calling to let you know our registration for fall has started and we would be more than happy to have eun bi be part of our academy "  before the guy even finished his sentence hyeon put down all the stuff in her hands and sat down on the floor . She has completely forgotten about eun bi's piano academy .     .     .   And also her special school applications.       .        . Both of which are gonna cost her , all her fortune.

        

   She has promised the kids mom she would take care of eun bi ,      .       . And according to the doctors putting her in a  regular is only slowing her growth and adding to her problems. Its either homeschool or take her to a special school .   .    .  Those were the two options given .

 

   " .   .   . Miss hyeon  .     .   . are you there ?" Mr yoo asked when hyeon stayed silent for about 2 minutes.

 

     " .   .   Oh , yeah

 

   " .  .  Thank you for the reminder .    .      ,   i'll look into it "

 

 " .   .   , thank you And if there is anything you need please feel free to call us "

 

      " .  .     .  Have a wonderful day .    .  .  " the man hanged .    .     .  Hyeon just sat there phone between her ear and shoulder .    .     .  sitting on the wooden floor.

 

 

      " .    .   . What are you gonna do now ?" The phone fail from her shoulder.   .     .     .   1.     .  2.       4 .    6   .  8 .     10   minutes went by as she sat there thinking of ways she is gonna make everything work. She was dancing with joy when she found this school that will offer half scholarship to eun bi .    .    . Which when she had a job she could handle but now .   .   Its out of the picture .

 

      " .    .   .  What are you gonna do     .        .
 ‘     .      .      . what are you gonna do .     .    . " she screamed out slapping herself .    .  Causing the two kids to immediately jump off from  the couch and turn their face towards the kitchen.

 

      " .     .   . Onni are you ok "eun bi asked smiling at hyeons messed up hair.

 

     " .    .     . Am ' fine   .    .  " hyeon faked a smile the last thing she wants is to alarm the kids .

 

     " .     .     .  Your only option is lay , " the name she has saved as a last , last , last resort  played in her head.

 

   " .   .   .  Am sure he can get you a job, even if you get in that company as a cleaner .    .    .  You would make  way more than any other  part time job you can do " her brain tried to convince but she dismissed the thought as fast as it came .

 

     She still have a little bit of pride left before she asks lay to get her a job.  She not that desperate yet .

 

     "   .   .  . Hyeon , her medication is out .    .     .   You might wanna drop by at the pharmacy " seung screamed changing the channel from the kids show to music core.

 

     Hyeon got up , picking her wallet and phone up , heading to the door .

 

     " .      .     .   I'll be back .    .  . " hyeon ran out . There was no delaying on eun bi's medication .       .       .

     " .    .    . Throw away your pride .     .   It wont help you " she pulled her phone up calling lay.

 

    " hi .    .   . "Lay responded in a small voice dunking his head and walking out of his mother's office at the gallery , she's too busy talking to her assistant .

 

   " .    .   . Did you guys got home ?" He shut the door slowly and raised his voice .

 

  " .   .   . Yeah of course .   .    . " hyeon smiled .   .   . Feeling a little bit embarrassed about even asking to meet him .

 

  " .    .  .  whats going  on?  .    .  " he asked when she stayed quiet for a couple of seconds .

 

      " .    .     .  I was wondering if your free .    .   .  " she asked in a hesitant voice .

 

    " .    .   .  Actually i want to meet you too , i'm meeting someone right now .     .     . Text me where you wanna met or i can come and pick you up "  he said quickly stepping back towards the door as his moms assistant walked out .

 

  " .    .   ,  i'll text you an address .    .   ,  " hyeon got on the bus

 

    " .    .     .   Cool , bye " he hanged up and walked in.

 

" .   .    .  Who was that .   .  ?  .     " his mom asked picking her wine glass up and taking a sip .

 

   " .    .    .  Some one,.    .    .  "

         " .    .     .  Why did you call me here.     .    .  " he sat down picking the gallery  catalog .

 

   " .    .   .   So me and your dad have come a conclusion .    .            .       .   You're gonna start working at the company " she took another sip her eyes fixed on her son , who just went on reading .

 

    " .    .    .  You were there , you saw how many of them voted for him to  keep his position and be the next in line for c.e.o. seat     .         .     .  " another sip

 

      " .    .    . Now its time for you to grow up and earn what you live of off .    .   .  " she placed the glass down.

 

    " .     .    .   He Already got all our your grandmas inheritance .     .  .  All of it "the mom raised her voice .    .   .  Immediately closing her eyes and taking a  deep breath , she has had a headache for the last 3 days because of jae's  inheritance .  There is nothing she can do , she legally signed it all to him so there is nothing much left any body can do . The only option left is to raise lay as a contender so when the time comes , lay might be voted in as c.e.o.

 

       " .     .      .  How many time have i told you guys , i don't wanna work there " lay flipped the page over

  

      " .     .    .  Both of us have come to an agreement that as long as you don't work there we won't be handing you our inheritance .     .    .  " she said in a  nonchalant voice picking her wine glass up.  Lay just smiled .   .    .  At her ridiculous threat.  Before turning around to see the man in suit who just walked in.m

 

    " .     .       .  And we'll be taking everything you didn't personally paid for .    .     .  Myongsoo, right here is my estate agent and he as collected the dead for your house.

 

     Lay dropped the catalog down and looked up at the man who placed a folder in front of him . .  .  It didn't take him seconds to open it .

 

   "   .     .    .   All are a copy of statements " the man started talking as his mom just went on drinking her wine with a small smile on her face.

 

      "For one , we have frozen your bank account .    .    .  So your credit card is not working as of 2 hours ago "

 

 " .    .    .  We have locked out both you apartment and summer house in jeju also your apartment in new york has been sold  " the man placed another folder.

 

  " .    .     .  We have collected all 3 of your cars .    .    .  We spent a lot of time looking for the audi but you just drove it in right now .   .   .  "The man smiled  , lay didn't say anything , he just turned his shocked face towards his mom.

 

      "  .       .     .  You have had all this time to party and do whatever you want .    .    .   If you want to keep doing that go ahead and make your own money .      .    "She placed the glass down .

       " .     .      .  Bit if you want all the luxury we have provided for you for all these years .   ,   .   . From now on you have to work for it " she stood up fixing her dress and picking her clutch.

 

     " .    .    .  Here you go " she placed a 10 dollar bill on the table in front of him.

 

    " .    .     . You might need it for the bus      .     .    .  "She smiled walking past him .  . And out of her office , the man gave lay a small bow and followed the madam behind .  She has spent the last two days fighting with her husband and almost all the  shareholders and all said they choose jse because he has proven himself he can lead the company to success and most of them only care about their profit , if Jae can get them that profit m he will get the c.e.o. seat .    .    .  And for the last 5 years he has proven himself to be an immaculate leader  that nobody can even doubt that he will take this company to a successful  future none can predict.

 

        But in lays case which most have never actually seen , let alone vote for him to handle their futuens most won't even trust him to advise them on a simple task as buying a canned soda.

 

     " .    .     .  If you want everything back , go to your dads and sign the contract .    .    .  " she screamed from the lobby.  

 

      Lay sat there , confused and startled by his parents bold decision . There is no other way .   .    .   .  Even if he wants to run away he as to have money for the plain ticket and also a place to stay at , well there are friends for that but how long can they let jim stay .

 

   He sat there for about 30 minute, until his phone buzzed receiving hyeon text message address of a coffee shop . He got up and slowly started walking to the door .    .   .  For a second forgetting that they have towed away his car , he went through the lobby then to the front . He stood there waiting for a couple of seconds for somebody to pull his car in front of him but no .  

 

  " .     .     .  This is ridiculous " he smiled pulling his phone out and calling for his mom .

 

    " .   .    .  How am i supposed to go to dads office , if you take my car .   .   .  ?" He screamed alarming everybody walking past him.

 

  " .     .     .  Thats your problem to solve, isn't it " she hanged up .

 

     He stood there , cursing out for a couple of minutes before he texted hyeon to come to the gallery .

 

 

   He has always been convinced that his parents would someday force him .    .    .  But never did he imagine they would strip him out of everything like this. He knows he has taken everything they worked hard for , for granted .    .      .  And that everything he had came with a  price . He has seen all of them pay that price .   .    .   From his parents to mostly jae .   .   .    .  All have to pay a hard price for the stuff they have .

 

     he felt ashamed when it suddenly hit him of the price jae has played all those years to earn the position he has now but more than that ,what astonished lay was how the shareholders didnt even hesitate to give jae the position . He has earned their trust  .     .       .    Lay was there at the meeting , listening to one after one of the mne across the table admire his brothers hard work and dedication.

 

     just like joon said , it's shameful lay does everything he wants with no responsibility .    .    .  Not even saying thank you to jae or all the employees that sweat their minds put to make those millions he spends .

 

       But now its time to mature up and earn it. .    .   But one thing's for sure, lay has no idea of how any of it works  he needs someone smart and sharp  .    .    . Thats when hyeon comes in.  But then again how on earth is he gonna convince hyeon to work for him .       .  Last time he had an excuse but this time there are so many things working against him that it seems impossible to get hyeon.

 

   " may be i should call my lawyer and ask him to find someone .    .     .  Or should i just hire joon " he smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter