Let's go say HI

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“ welcome I am so glad to see you” Mr. Kim was the only one who dared to walk to their table and talk to the three women who were placed by the last row of the, especially invited guests lists.

 

“ You all look so beautiful” he added keeping his eyes on Hyeon. His hand holding her chair and intentionally placed right next to her bare skin was noticed by all three as they watched him scan Hyeon up and down. Maybe it was not a good idea to wear the backless dress. The makeup artists who made sure to moisturize and highlight Hyeon’s backbones didn’t help either. Jessica, who was already weirded out by the man’s eyes that were lingering on Hyeon was fast to pull her coat towards her as she watched his curious eyes turn her way.

 

“ make sure you enjoy all the food and drink”

 

“ oh we are” Jessica put her champaign glass up

 

“Why are we here actually?” Mrs park asked the important question.

 

“ Oh just as a guest”

 

“ We always invite some charities we support and have them just mingle and interact

 

“Amusement” Hyeon taking a sip of her drink glared right back at Mr. Kim who was surprised by her boldness. He had forgotten how sharp her tongue was.

 

“We are here to amuse and entertain them” Hyeon signaled at the intentionally divided section of the hall and the front section that was filled by millionaires and C.E.O’s of every kind. The intentional walkway left to separate the two sections would have been noticed even by a blind person.

 

“ We don’t mind” she gave him a small smile

 

“ It comes with the job” she added another smile.

 

“Thank you for being so understanding” he replied with his smile.

 

“ just shake some hands & tell interesting

stories” he added while waving to the people who are calling for his attention.

 

“ I’ve gotta go” his attention was all on the group of men by the corner, who seem very consumed by the story one of them is telling. Maybe it’s crucial to the story but they all seemed to need Mr. Kim now.

 

“ and also you might have to make a small speech about what you do and how our support helps” he knew this would have been a surprises but the surprised looks he was getting were clear in highlighting how much none of the three women are ready or want to step on any stage and speak. They just came for some nice dinner and drinks.

 

“Just some nice things. Not a long speech” as he went on retreating and moving away he kept his eyes on the woman

 

“ I will send somebody to let you know when that part of the evening starts” their shocked faces were left on their own as he turned around and headed to the men.

 

“ I am not going on no stage” Jessica was the first to draw her name out of the discussion.

 

“ Hyeon” Mrs park picking her wine glass up, glanced Hyeon’s way. If anyone was going to go on stage and say anything, they knew it would be Hyeon. She was the one good with words and would know how to charm these rich people.

 

“ You know how to speak their language” Mrs park added moving her eyes away from the annoyed-looking Hyeon.

 

“ I don’t know how to speak their language”

 

“ Ofocurse you do, you charmed one” Jessica startling both whispered.

 

“What?” she protested their shocked gaze by raising her glass. She never fails to use her drinking as an excuse to say what she wants.

 

“ come on Hyeon. I can’t go up there” Mrs. Park finally noticing the stage by the right corner of the room pointed. The two mic stands and the grand backdrop would have given her a hint as she wasted the first ten minutes scanning the breathtaking ballroom but her attention was too much on the open ceiling and the beautiful chandelier decorating the room. She had never in her life been in a beautiful room like this. After marveling at the room, her eyes were turned into the personal tailor suited and gowns and diamond decorated guests. She could only imagine how much power was present in the front section of the room.

 

“ Just say thank you for your money”

“ We appreciate all you”

 

“ you are saving lives blah blah blah” Jessica was trying to minimize the situation.

 

“ You shouldn’t care what they think anyway” she added. She knew Hyeon too much and Hyeon’s disdain from the people filling the room was something anybody who knew her would know.

 

“ It will be easy for you”

 

“ you’re good at these things” Mrs park was in support of Hyeon being the one to go on stage.

 

“ dressed like this” Hyeon turning around pointed at her back

 

“Why not?”

 

“ Usually get some new donors consider how beautiful and y you look”

 

“ she’s right!” Mrs park agreed

 

“ You might be able to get us somebody who will throw us another million just because of you “Mrs. Park’s words forced a small smile across all three women. Nothing needed to be said more as all knew it would be Hyeon going on that stage. Jessica even though she doesn’t want to say it, was super excited about Hyeon going on that stage and speaking in front of all these rich people, especially considering how elegant and alluring she looks. She was sure there will be some stunned and interested eyes that will be on Hyeon after she finishes her three or four-sentence speech.

 

“ Omg Hyeon” surprising all three, the woman started walking towards their table.

 

“Onnie” Hyeon jumped up from her chair.

 

“ She is also a public defender” Jessica leaning closer whispered to Mrs park. They both kept their eyes on Hyeon and the woman she was hugging. Their eyes from the big smiles of the two, who seem like they haven’t seen each other in years, to Hyeon’s magnificent backless dress that they haven’t been able to not stare at. The same stylist that wrapped Hyeon with the white suit was super excited to dress her again with the black velvet backless dress. Hyeon’s shoulder and backbone she had seen when Hyeon was dressing last time was the main thing she wanted to highlight. The hairdresser who was given strict restrictions about making sure Hyeon’s hair does not cover her shoulder has done what he was told as he wrapped and created a nice bow at the back. Making sure there was no dangling neckless to cover it, the stylist has made sure Hyeon’s neck was not only visible but one of the highlights of the dress. The small pearl earring she had on was matched to the pearl hair clip behind her left ear that was holding her shorter hair back. Just in case the hair spray didn’t the hairdresser was given two pearl decorated hair clips.

 

The pears of the earring, hair clip were matched to the pearl ring Hyeon had on. That was the only jewelry on her bare arms that were all about skin. The vanilla-scented location and oil used on Hyeon’s skin had made even Jessica want to just sit and smell Hyeon’s sk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter