Chapter 61

Noona! Noona Saranghae! (7 years of Love)

 

When Dara woke up, the sky was already golden in color. She saw Kyuhyun leaning on a tree while holding his book. He was also asleep. When she tried standing up, Kyuhyun’s jacket fell on the ground. She went up and woke Kyuhyun up and they both stared at each other still half asleep. Kyuhyun stretched his arms wide and so did Dara and then they hear the sounds of different gongs and other traditional instruments that came from the school grounds.

 

 

 

 

 

“What is that?” Dara asked Kyuhyun so just yawned at her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s check it out.” Kyuhyun said and helped Dara in standing up.

 

 

 

 

The two went of the open field and saw that there are already bulbs that are being set up. Everyone was busy preparing the music, the bonfire and the floats that were created to celebrate the day’s festivities. Dara watched in amazement as the people who were nerds at school were also the event organizers that night. Students from the student council approached Dara and Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you two busy?” the female president who Dara recognized asked them nicely.

 

 

 

 

 

“We are not. Why?” she replied at Kyuhyun who agreed with her.

 

 

 

 

 

The president looked at her Vice president and secretary. Kyuhyun and Dara looked at each other as well. The people with the poor president nodded and gestured their heads to Kyuhyun’s and Dara’s direction. Dara just smiled when she realized that the president likes Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

“Anyways, sorry I forgot to introduce myself. Hi I’m Kim Solbi, I’m the student council president of this university. I am here in front of you to ask you guys a favor but you can decline.” The president and looked at Dara.

 

 

 

 

 

“She said she could decline so let’s go.” Kyuhyun said as she pulled Dara away from them. He knew that she was going to ask them something that would require work. He wanted to spend the rest of the night with Dara so he wanted to escape but Dara covered his mouth before he could say anything more.

 

 

 

 

 

“What is it?” Dara asked the president and glared at Kyuhyun who had no choice but to stay beside her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Please at least, hear us out.” Solbi said and she looked at Kyuhyun then blushed. He knew that he had her under his spell so he smiled at her. Dara saw this and stomped at his foot making him cringe in pain.

 

 

 

 

 

“Women are really scary when they get jealous. Aigoo~~~” Kyuhyun whispered and saw Dara glare at him again.

 

 

 

 

 

“We actually want to ask you guys if you would like to be our MCs for tonight?” Solbi asked Dara and then turned to face Kyuhyun with a serious face.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked at Kyuhyun waiting for his reaction. She looked at the festivities that everyone prepared. There are lights and a giant bon fire waiting to be lit. There are also floating lanterns prepared by the students for the activities. Everyone is excited to dance with their partners already. Dara really wants to become an MC and this was a chance for her. But if Kyuhyun wouldn’t want to do it, she would have no choice but to decline.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun looked back at Dara. Through her eyes he saw how much she really wanted to do it. Being a Mc for a night won’t be bad since it is his for his school as well. A little sacrifice for her won’t hurt he thought but after seeing how the activities would be, he knew he wanted to experience it with Dara as well. He looked at Dara and saw her just smile at him.

 

 

 

 

 

“How long will we do it? We want to enjoy the party as well.” Kyuhyun asked and then looked at Dara who almost jumped in joy.

 

 

 

 

“Right now, it’s only 6:30 pm so until 7:30 pm please? We can make it shorter if you want to?” Solbi replied at Dara and Kyuhyun with begging puppy eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Sure that would be fine. Kyuhyun and I will do it.” Dara said and took Solbi’s hand. The people who were the SC president jumped in joy. They couldn’t believe that they have the two members from top Asian artist to be their MC for free. They almost cried in joy.

 

 

 

 

“Thank you so much!” Solbi said and hugged Kyuhyun and Dara. She eyed her hubby when the pretty female president hugged him.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun and Dara followed the SC members to the tent where the microphone and other sound system were assembled. The other people who were fixing the booth couldn’t believe that Dara and Kyuhyun were there to help them out. The boys immediately fell head over heels the ulzzang Dara. Kyuhyun eyed them all peevishly. The girls saw this and they all squealed in joy.

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s with him? It’s not like they are dating or something.” One of the guys whispered. Dara heard this and she glared at Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

 

Dara just smiled at the two boys that were talking and secretly held Kyuhyun’s hands. The president gave them the costumes that they will be wearing for their role. Kyuhyun who is already in a bad mood eyed the clothes angrily.

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s this?” Kyuhyun asked Solbi angrily.

 

 

 

 

“The robes that you guys will be wearing for tonight. Actually, everyone will be wearing this for tonight. Red or blue for the boys while white for the girls.”  Solbi replied and handed Dara the two kimonos that were just meant to be a robe or something to place on top of their clothes.

 

 

 

“I changed my mind. I don’t want to do this anymore. I quit.” Kyuhyun said and walked away from the people who were there. Dara held his arm and tried to stop him from leaving.

 

 

 

“You don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to.” Dara and Solbi said at the same time.

 

 

 

“It’s not about the clothes, I just hate it here.” Kyuhyun said and threw Dara’s hands away angrily.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry. But is it okay, if I MC tonight on my own. Kyuhyun, he’s not in a very good mood ever since this morning so please forgive him. today was just a bad day for him so just don’t mind him.” Dara explained to everyone and apologized to them humbly.

 

 

 

“It’s alright. I just hope that we didn’t—I didn’t upset him.” Solbi said.

 

 

 

“I think we should try to bring him back.” one of the girls said worried about Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

“He needs to be alone. Let him release his steam and cool down.” Dara replied and tapped the two girl’s shoulders.

 

 

 

Dara looked at the direction of Kyuhyun’s path when he left. She decided not to follow him. She is angry at him for throwing a tantrum like that. Kyuhyun just left and went somewhere quiet and hid behind the bushes where no one would dare go to. Indeed he was angry at Dara because of what he heard earlier. The night started for the two heatedly.