Too late

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PAST

Kibum ran to the pier excited to see Minjung. Their ride was already waiting for them, docked.

He furrowed his brows, seeing no one at the pier. *Where is she?*

He looked around to find no one. "Minjung! Han Minjung! Princess where are you?" Kibum yelled, smiling, thinking she was playing a trick on him.

Silence.

Kibum frowned slightly, a bad feeling tugging at his chest.

"MInjung?" he called uncertainly. "Don't play already. Come on. Our ride is waiting." he looked around.

All of a sudden, he heard footsteps and he smiled, turning around. The smile was cut short when he saw a buff looking man looking at him. Kibum cleared his throat and looked away when the man called him. "Crown Prince."

Kibum gasped. *How did he recognise me?*

"Erm I'm not the Crown Prince what are you saying..." Kibum tried to pretend. The man bit his lips. "I know where your girl is, Crown Prince. If you want to save her, you better hurry."

Kibum's ears perked up. "WHERE IS SHE?" he roared instantly.

 

Jaewook led Kibum to the house Lady Jung kept Minjung in. Kibum's eyes widened when he saw Minjung's shoe lying on the doorstep. "What is she doing here?" he gasped. "What did you do to Minjung?" he growled.

"Nothing."

Kibum spun roun to see Jaejoong. His temper rose instantly and he punched his brother. "What are you doing Hyung!" he growled. "If Minjung is hurt in any way I swear..."

"Don't worry she isn't hurt. I told Lady Jung not to do anything to her." Jaejoong assured. "Just give her up to me, Abeoji's guards are coming for you soon."

"You bastard." Kibum punched Jaejoong again.

Jaewook shuffled his feet. "I think.. you should go in now if you want to save her."

Jaejoong frowned. "What do you-"

"PLEASE STOP!!!"

Both Kibum and Jaejoong froze. *Minjung.*

"YOU BASTARD YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T HURT MINJUNG!" Kibum roared as he knocked the door opened. Jaejoong rushed after him, his mind in a whirl. *She isn't hurt right? Why would she scream like that?*

Kibum ran to the back room as Jaewook directed and he paled.

There in front of him, was Minjung covered in snippets of cloth that could not even be called a piece of clothing. Three men were crowding round her, seemingly enjoying themselves.

What scared Kibum was the amount of bruises and blood.

Purple bruises were seen all round Minjung's body, almost on every expanse of her exposed skin. Her once milky white skin was now puffy and red, in some places bleeding.

Kibum didn't know what they actually did to her, but just seeing her in this state scared him.

The amount of blood on the floor was too much for a human being to lose, and remain alive.

Kibum bit back a sob and ran to her side, pushing the men away. "Minjung! Han Minjung!" Kibum cradled her in his chest, sobbing uncontrollably.

She was undeniably broken.

Physically and mentally, in all ways you can imagine. She looked so scared and weak, it pierced right through Kibum's heart.

"Princess.. princess you've got to be alright princess." Kibum patted Minjung's cut's cheek, his lower lip trembling.

His heart was pounding hard against his chest, not the fluttery feeling when he usually saw Minjung, but with ultimate fear. Fear so great a great man like him could cower in the corner and cry.

"Ki...Kibum.." Minjung opened her eyes slightly, smiling a little when she saw her love.

"Princess!" Kibum cried, cradling her like she was a baby, like she could be broken if he used any more strength. "Princess you've got to be alright okay? You can't leave me. You can't leave me like this!"

A tear trickled down Minjung's cheek, stinging her cut, but she ignored it. Her pain from the rest of her body was nothing compared to it. "I love you Kibum." Minjung whispered.

Kibum choked and her tangled hair. "I love you too princess. You wait a while more, the guards are coming. I'll make them bring you back to the palace and the royal physician will treat you and you'll be fine."

"I can't." Minjung whispered weakly. "I won't be able to make it."

Kibum shook his head stubbornly. "Princess you've got to stay strong! Please! Please I beg you!" Kibum cried hard.

Minjung felt her vision blurring, darkness overtaking her sight. She grasped Kibum's hand with her remaining strength. "Promise me.. we'll be together in our next life." she whispered.

"We will." Kibum nodded. "And we'll be together in this life too... PRINCESSSS!! WAKE UP!!"

*PLease God. If there's a next life, please let me and Kibum have a chance to be together.* Minjung smiled softly as she fell in eternal sleep.

"HAN MINJUNG!"

Everyone in the room cringed at the sad cries of the man. This broken man who held his dead love in his hands. Kibum sobbed loudly, cradling Minjung in his arms, kissing her temple.

"You know princess.. We'll be living in Busan.. and we'll have a whole lot of kids.." Kibum cried, not letting her go even though she was limp in his arms. "We'll be so happy princess.. so happy..."

Jaejoong looked away, his face contorted in pain. It was all his fault. It was his fault that she died. *I'm sorry Minjung.. I'm sorry Kibum.. I'm sorry.*

The guards burst through the door, a moment too late, only to find their Crown Prince mourning for the death of his beloved.