Friends

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PAST

Kibum had a lot to do the next day since he had spent most of the previous day looking after Minjung.

He had to read a whole lot of books and memorize some passages. Minjung prepared ginseng tea for him and stood at the side, watching.

Kibum began reading concentratedly, when he noticed someone gazing at his book.

He turned around and saw Minjung trying to read the book from behind his back. She saw him looking and she looked away quickly, pretending to be interested in the wall.

Kibum chuckled softly to himself.

He cleared his throat and began reading the passages himself. "The older wave pushes the younger wave forward." he began. "It means when one generation steps down, it encourages the next generation to take over."

Minjung nodded to herself. *Ah~ so that's what it meant!*

Kibum chuckled to himself again when he saw Minjung nodded like a child, from the corner of his eye.

"Flute by Cheong Sang Pyeong." Key started again, glancing at Minjung who was listening attentively.

" If only I had a flute.
The moon is unmoving
the moonlight bright alone with the wind . . ." Key said in a poetic voice.

"If only I had a flute.
The moon is unmoving
the moonlight bright alone with the wind . . ." Minjung whispered to herself.

...

AFTER 4 HOURS

"Tonight with all insect sounds stilled
where, alas, can that flute be~~~ *cough cough*" Kibum croaked.

After reading out loud for Minjung for 4 hours, Kibum's voice was coarse and tired.

"Yah Jerkface!" Minjung frowned worriedly.

Although she benefited from his reading aloud, she didn't want him to become voiceless. She was puzzled on why he continued reading out loud when he never had that habit before and why he insisted on reading when he was already tired.

"Don't read already you're going to lose your voice soon!" Minjung handed him his 5th cup of ginseng tea.

Kibum drank it gratefully to sooth his sore throat. *Aren't I doing this so you can learn Meat Bun Girl?*

Minjung patted his back as he coughed. She took the book away and chucked it in a corner. "No more reading for you!" she scolded. "I don't want a voiceless Jerkface! Go do something else that doesn't require using your voice!"

Kibum frowned. *How am I supposed to help you with your studies then?*

His eyes landed on the brushes and paper at the side. His face brightened.

Kibum took the brush and began writing down the poem they just read on the paper. His were firm and strong, at the same time bringing the beauty of hangul characters.

He wasn't the crown prince for nothing.

He smirked slightly when he saw Minjung trying to replicate the way he held the brush with her left hand's finger and clapping silently when she saw his marvelous writing.

He chuckled. *This girl.*

He purposely reached over to the cup of ginseng tea, "accidentally" knocking it over and splashing it's contents on the paper.

"Omo!" Minjung cried and went to clean the water off. Kibum pretended to frown at his ruined piece of writing.

"Yah Meat Bun Girl." he ordered. "I'm too tired. Rewrite this for me."

He shoved the wet piece of writing in her hands. Her eyes widened. "But I haven't even held a brush before! I don't know how to write!" she protested.

Kibum grinned. *That's why I'm giving you a chance to learn Babo.*

"Then learn it now." Kibum replied nonchalantly. He walked over another chair and sat down, watching as Minjung struggled with the brush.

Her first was a complete failure and the ink was just a clump of black mess. She pouted cutely and Kibum tries hard to stifle his laugh.

"Its like this." he went over and held the brush over her hand, guiding her rough, worn out hands to write a magnificent word. "Woah! JJANG!" she squealed.

Kibum smiled.

Minjung began learning how to write intently, when she suddenly stopped.

If Kibum was that tired, why did he teach her how to write?

Why did he suddenly develop the habit of reading out loud?

Why did he insist on making her write?

She spun round to face Kibum. "Yah!" she shrieked. "You're faking!"

Kibum blinked, confused. "You did all this so that I could learn right?" she screamed. "Reading and making me write!"

Kibum turned red and looked away. *Oh no! I'm found out! Eotteohke Eotteohke Eotteohke?*

Minjung narrowed her eyes at his red and awkward face. A brilliant smile lit her face. *So he really did all that for me.* she softened. *That was...nice.*

"Thanks." Minjung mumbled as she played with her fingers. "Thanks for going through all that trouble so that I can learn."

Kibum chuckled. "I'm the crown prince of course I'm nice!"

"Pffft proud!!" Minjung scoffed but she smiled brightly in the end.

"Yah how dare you say that the Crown Prince is proud?" Kibum asked threateningly.

Minjung giggled. "Crown Prince?" she asked. "I never once saw you as that Jerkface."

"Then what?" Kibum raised his brows.

Minjung smiled a real genuine smile. "A friend."

An unfamiliar flutter found it's way to Kibum's heart. *Friend. I like the sound of that.* he smiled back. *My friend, Meat Bun Girl.*