I can't do anything II

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PRESENT: DREAM

"As the future ruler of the country, we cannot allow you to marry a mere maid." The King concluded. "You must marry a princess, Princess Sooyeon would be preferable. I will not allow a mere maid as the next Queen."

"Abeoji-" Kibum begged.

"And from this moment onwards," The King continued, ignoring Kibum. "Han Minjung will be removed from your chambers and transferred to the kitchen as a helper. All contact between you and that girl will be forbidden."

"ABEOJI!" Kibum roared, frustrated. "You can't do this to me! I love her! I'll die without her!"

"Then die." The King answered coldly. "I might as well the Crown Prince die that him getting a maid as a bride. This is such a disgrace to the family. I must ask for forgiveness from the ancestors for not teaching you well."

>oOo<

Key sat up on bed again and clutched his head. *Why am I dreaming about this again?*

He squeezed his eyes shut. "I don't believe that I'll be as unlucky as that darned prince. There's got to be a way. There has to be.." he muttered.

He got off bed, searching the whole of his room. He wanted to text Minjung, a text from her would make him happy for the whole day. She would lift his spirits.

But his phone was nowhere to be found.

He paled and ran down to the dining room where his parents and Jaejoong were already having breakfast.

"Oh you're down. Come have breakfast." Mr Kim said nonchalantly, like nothing happened.

Key stormed up his father angrily. "Abeoji, did you take my cellphone?" he asked.

Mr Kim smirked. "Oh so you noticed?" he smirked. "Well yes in fact I did. And your laptop too. No communication with that poor girl remember?"

Key stared at his father in disbelief. "Are you seriously goin to be his cold-hearted Abeoji?"

Mr Kim looked at him coldly. "There's more. You will not be allowed to go anywhere else besides school. You will be chauffeured there and back. You will have bodyguards during class to prevent you from talking to her. You will not be allowed to eat in the cafeteria. I mean what I say Key, no contact means no contact."

Key gaped at his father. "You're disgusting." he muttered. "I can't believe you're my dad."

Mr Kim shrugged. "It's for your own good." he faked a smile. "And there'll be someone else staying with us from now on."

Key narrowed his eyes. His heart had a sinking feeling. "Who?" he croaked.

"KEY OPPA!!!"

Key smacked himself mentally and glared at his father, not bothering about Jessica who came down, hugging him from behind. "I'm so disappointed in you Abeoji." he growled, before flinging Jessica off and storming into his room.



Key shot daggers at his bodyguards who prevented him from going anywhere. Once he reached school, he was sent directly to class and his bodyguards even made sure to block his view of Minjung.

Minjung kept peeking at him, trying to see through the walls of bodyguards but to no avail.

They were so close, in a classroom, just few seats away. But they were so far, unable to do anything to talk to each other.

Key closed his eyes in irritation. *Damn this. I feel like a weakling. I can't do anything at all.*

During break, the bodyguards gave him his bento and made him eat in class, and even chased Minjung out.

Minjung and Key met eyes for a second before she was shut out. Just that one second made Key much happier.

He could see the anxiety and confusion in her eyes, her worried expression, her swollen lips from biting. Key sighed and stared at his food, appetite-less.

He didn't know how he managed to hang on till the end of school, it was just torturous.

He tried all sorts of methods. Sneaking to the toilet to meet Minjung, passing notes, even trying to fight his bodyguards.

But they were elite bodyguards, and they blocked his every attack. Key trudged out of school, dejected. He hadn't even spoken to Minjung at all for the whole day.

He sighed, wondering how he was going to go without texting or talking to her, when a familiar black Audi parked itself outside the school again.

Key froze and stood on the spot.

He watched as Jaejoong smiled charmingly and approached Minjung, gesturing for her to get in the car.

The rest of SHINee were holding her back, telling her they would send her to work instead.

With Key's orders, SHINee had told Minjung everything, including Jaejoong's attempts to court her and sabotage their relationship.

At first Minjung was shocked, since she always thought Jaejoong as a good Oppa, but now she knew she must avoid him as much as possible.

Jaejoong grabbed Minjung's wrist and tried to make her go with him. SHINee grabbed her other hand and pulled her back. Key watched as Onew even threw a piece of his chicken at Jaejoong.

"Go Hyung!" Key cheered under his breath.

Jaejoong grew pissed and he just lifted Minjung bridal style, carrying her into his car. Key's eyes widened as the rest SHINee pounded their fists on the luxury car, wanting Jaejoong to let Minjung out.

Clenching his fists, Key could do nothing but watch as his girlfriend was whisked away by his brother.

Key turned away, angry and frustrated. "I can't do anything. I can't do anything at all!" he screamed.

"What am I supposed to do now?" he asked the sky.