New royals

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PAST

The royals from America had returned to their country and the days in the Palace had returned to normal.

Or maybe as normal as it could, with Kibum and Minjung bickering all the time. They fought and quarelled, but at the same time they were comfortable with each other and knew each other's habits and tempers well.

Kibum and Minjung were having a stroll round the palace, with Minjung following behind Kibum as the latter read out from his book. She was absorbed in the beautiful poetry and listened to every word attentively.

Kibum turned back to peek at her. Minjung closed her eyes, completely immersed in the literature world.

He chuckled softly. *This meat bun girl...*

He purposely stopped himself suddenly, causing the latter irl to bump into his back. "Owww!" she rubbed her forehead. "Why did you stop all of a sudden?" she complained.

Key grinned, amused. "You should have looked where you were going anyway, meat bun girl." he poked her forehead. "I knew you would knock into me."

"So you did that on purpose?" she frowned and pouted. "Meanie."

Key chuckled and rubbed her forehead. "Can't help when my y back is so muscular that it hurts." he grinned.

Before Minjung could tell him to wake up from his dream, a sweet voice rang out throughout the palace grounds. "KIBUM GOON!!"

Kibum and Minjung turned curiously and saw a beautiful girl in an expensive hanbok running towards them.

snsd-vita500-jessica-hanbok.jpg

 

Minjung blinked. *Who is that?*

"KIBUM OPPA!!!" The girl pounced on Kibum and engulfed him in a big hug. "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH KIBUM OPPA!!" the girl squealed.

Kibum choked with all the air knocked out of him. He pushed the girl off him and dusted himself. "Sooyeon gongju." Kibum greeted.

"Why are you so formal oppa?" Sooyeon pouted. "We haven't seen each other for so long! I missed you so much!"

"Sooyeon ah don't cuddle your oppa that much you two aren't married yet." An older woman came walking towards them. Minjung frowned slightly. *Yet?*

"Lady Jung." Kibum bowed.

"Nice you meet you again Crown Prince." Lady Jung smiled. "It's been a long time. Our Sooyeon here talked about you everyday when she was away."

Kibum nodded politely. *Shucks. They came back. No more peaceful days for me..*

Lady Jung eyed the girl standing behind Kibum. "Who is this?" she asked rudely.

Kibum stood in front of Minjung protectively. "She's my personal maid. No one threatening Lady Jung." he assured.

Sooyeon pouted, seeing how protective he was of her. She went up to Minjung and looked her up and down. "Nice to meet you! I'm Sooyeon! What's your name Unnie?"

"Uh.. I'm Han Minjung." Minjung bowed respectfully.

Kibum stood in front of Minjung again and pushed Sooyeon away. "Don't bother her Sooyeon gongju, and she's your dongsaeng."

He turned back to Minjung. "Go back to my room and do your other chores first. I'll go back later." he patted her head.

Minjung nodded and bowed to them before rushing off herself.

Kibum looked back at them courteously. He knew these two mother and daughter weren't as innocent as they looked and he didn't want Minjung to be involved with them.

"Have you two eaten from the long trip?" Kibum asked. "I shall order the other maids to make you a feast."

Lady Jung waved it away. "There's no need to." she pursed her lips irritatedly.

She had seen how Kibum had acted in front of Minjung, affectionately patting her head and all, and she didn't like how it was going. "Just promise me you'll keep your distance from the lower status." she commanded. "I don't want any royals, especially the Crown Prince, to be associated with the lower class."

Kibum felt rage boiling from within. *So what if we are royals? We are human and they are human too. Gosh I hate her snobby attitude.*

"Come on Sooyeon ah, we'll go meet Wangja." Lady Jung pushed her daughter away while Sooyeon waved back at Kibum.

 

Minjung punched the pillow hard as she made the bed. "Not married YET?" she grumbled. "So it means they're going to get married someday?"

Her brows furrowed and she pouted. "How could he not have told me.." she mumbled.

She looked down at the pillow in her hands. "UGH YOU STUPIDDD!!" she squeezed the pillow as if she was strangling Kibum.

"Awww that's gonna hurt."

Minjung spun round and saw Kibum leaning against the doorway with a y smirk on his face.

Minjung blushed slightly and patted the pillow, putting it back in place. "You're back?" she asked. "Where's that Sooyeon gongju?"

Kibum grinned. "Did I just sense jealousy?" he teased.

Minjung turned beet red. "NO YOU DIDN'T!" she blurted.

Kibum chuckled. "Yeah yeah." he sat down on the bed and motioned for her to sit by him. "Sooyeon and Lady Jung are some distant royals. But Lady Jung and Wangja are good friends so they've always wanted their son and her daughter to marry."

Minjung furrowed her brows. *So it's true. They're going to marry.*

Kibum sighed. "I don't know how many times I've heard them talk about it." he grumbled. "No matter how many times I tell them that it's not possible, they still won't accept it. But I'm Kim Kibum. I won't do something I don't want to. And I don't think they would force a marriage on me. It's brutal."

Minjung looked up, a little more hopeful than before.

Kibum patted her head again. "I wanted to tell you to listen to me this once." he convinced. "Don't stick too near to Sooyeon gongju too much. I don't trust her and her mother. Especially Lady Jung. Don't get into her bad books. I don't want her to do anything to hurt you."

Minjung softened and nodded. She was touched how he was concerned over her.

"I will." she smiled softly.

Kibum grinned, happy that she was obedient for once. *I just hope Lady Jung's arrival won't mean any bad news.*

------------------------------------

A/N: If you all didn't know, Sooyeon is SNSD's Jessica's Korean name:D