Getting to know you a little more

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

Minjung woke up several hours later, her head hurting slightly from the nap. She found Kibum sleeping beside the bed, a frown permanently imprinted on his forehead.

Her eyed widened when she looked out of the window. It was past noon, into the late afternoon.

She looked back at Kibum and softened. *Did he sit by me for all these time?*

Her gaze landed on his sleeping features. Even though he was a guy, his eyelashes were long and curled, perhaps even longer than Minjung's.

*Honestly I can see why those other maids are so obsessed with him.* Minjung gazed. *He is good looking.*

It was then she realized she was still in his room. Lying on his bed!

"Oh Sesange!" Minjung scrambled off the bed quietly, trying not to wake Kibum. The later felt his bed bouncing and he woke up instantly.

"You're up?" Kibum rubbed his eyes.

Minjung reddened at his barely awake look. Hell. He was hot. "Y-y-yeah." Minjung stuttered.

Kibum frowned and leant nearer to her. "Are you still sick? Why are you stuttering?"

Minjung turned even redder. "IM FINE!" she yelped.

She eyed him from the corner of her eye. "Y-y-you... Did you stay here all this time?" she asked hesitantly.

Kibum softened and nodded. "I couldn't leave you. I was responsible anyway." he whispered. He looked into her eyes. "I'm sorry Meat Bun Girl."

Minjung smiled. "Woah the Prince Jerk apologizing to me?" she joked. "Yah!" Kibum reddened.

Minjung giggled. "Fine I forgive you."

Kibum smiled. "And you!" he suddenly roared. "What were you thinking? Not sleeping and instead reading! Is it that important that you make yourself faint?"

Minjung pouted. "But I want to be an educated lady!" she exclaimed.

She sighed in content as she looked out of the window. "I don't want to be looked down anymore. All my life, because I'm poor, because I'm a woman, people look down on me. I don't want that."

Kibum gazed at her intently while she spoke. *She was looked down?*

"I want to prove them wrong." Minjung said determinedly. "I want to be an important learned lady, so I can earn enough money to cure my aunt's illness."

"Your aunt?" Kibum asked, his brows raised.

"Yeah." Minjung nodded. "My parents died when I was young so it was my aunt who brought me up. But now she contracted this strange illness that made her feel unwell all the time. I want to earn enough money to cure her."

Kibum softened. *This is the first time I've seen a girl with that much aspiration and drive. She's indeed different from the other girls.*

Minjung saw Kibum deep in thought and waved her hands in front of his face. "Yah!" she called. "What about you? If you weren't the Crown Prince what would you want to do?"

Kibum bit his lips thoughtfully. "I never thought about that. I always wanted to be the King to improve the lives of people. When Jaejoong Hyung gave up his crown years ago, I was elated. I thought: now's my chance."

Minjung looked at him curiously. "Why did Jaejoong goon give up the throne?"

Kibum shrugged. "Something about freedom." he said. "But it doesn't really matter to me at this point. Being born into the royal family indicates some form of sacrifice. I'm not sure what type of sacrifice I have to face in the future, and I'm not sure if I'm able to do it, but if it's for the future of this country, I will do it."

Minjung looked at Kibum with new found admiration. *Although he's a jerk, he is indeed Wang material.*

Kibum bit his lips. "But for Jaejoong Hyung to give up the throne... I think there's something more to it. It makes me rather afraid of this throne."

Minjung smiled. "I think it'll be okay." she assured. "As the ruler, if the time comes for some sacrifices, you'll be able to do it."

"And I'll be supporting you by your side." Minjung added, red in the face.

Kibum chuckled softly and poked her forehead. "Yah Meat Bun Girl! That was the nicest thing you ever said to me!"

Minjung pouted. "I take it back!" she puffed her cheeks. "You're teasing me!"

"Am not!" Kibum said innocently.

"You are." Minjung growled. "Shouldn't have said that." she mumbled.

Kibum softened and smiled. "But in any case if I meet some obstacle in the future, I'll be reenergized when I think that some Meat Bun Girl is rooting for me."

Minjung smiled warmly. *I think maybe... Just maybe.. Kibum isn't as bad as he seems. Perhaps.. He may even be nice.*