I'm... *whispers* sorry

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PAST

Kibum paced round the room, his hands behind his back. He furrowed his brows and bit his lips. It was almost time for his tea time snack, and he anxiously waited for it to be delivered.

There was a knock on the door and Kibum sat up straight. "Crown Prince, your Tea Time snacks are prepared."

Kibum cleared his throat and sat down on his chair, pretending to be going through some poetry. "Come in."

The door opened and the maids carried his snacks into his room. Kibum peeked at the palace maids from the corner of his eye and the frown on his face reappeared.

"Have a nice meal, Crown Prince." Sujin bowed.

Kibum panicked and ran up to her. "Wait!" he shrieked. Sujin turned round, her eyes round in surprise.

Kibum straightened himself and fixed his expression. "Erm.. about that.." his eyes darted around awkwardly. "Why are you the one to deliver the snacks?" he raised his brows. "Where... where's meat bun girl?"

Sujin blinked. "I'm sorry?"

"Uh.." Kibum faltered. "I mean.. where's Minjung? The Palace maid Han Minjung?"

"S-s-she.." Sujin stuttered. "She can't deliver your meals Crown Prince. She just got whipped."

Kibum felt his heart drop. "What?" he gasped. "Whipped?" He began pacing around the room. *It's all because of me! I got a girl whipped! A GIRL! Am I even a man?*

"Where is she now?" Kibum demanded. Sujin turned red. "I don't think you should look for her now Crown Prince..."

"I ASKED WHERE SHE IS!" Kibum roared.

"The river in the back." Sujin squeaked.

Kibum dashed out of his room, his heart pounding. *I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to.*



"You're hurt Crown Prince?" the Royal Physician gasped and looked him up and down. "Why do you need herbal ointment?"

"It's not for me!" Kibum snapped. "Now just give it to me."

"But I can't." The Royal Physician hesitated. "All the herbs in the store are meant for the royals only. I can't give them out if they are meant for someone else."

"JUST GIVE IT TO ME!" Kibum roared.

"Okay!" The Royal Physician squeaked and handed him the herbal ointment in a flash. Kibum snatched the bottle and ran towards the river.



Minjung flinched as the water touched her back. *OOOWWWWWWWW...* she whined in her mind.

She squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath, calming herself down. The cool river water slowly calmed her aching wounds and it became more soothing to the touch.

"That jerk.." Minjung muttered angrily. "He was the one who caused me to be like this."

"HAN MINJUNG!"

Minjung ducked her body below the water surface in shock. *Who?* She glanced at her clothes which was hung up on a nearby bush. *Oh no! I'm !*

"HAN MINJUNG WHERE ARE YOU!"

Minjung furrowed her brows, her heart pounding. *Don't find me don't find me don't find me...*

"HAN MINJU-" Kibum faltered when he saw the clothes hung up on the bush. He blinked several times. *What are those clothes doing there...? So it they're there.. then she...*

Kibum's eyes widened in surprise when he saw a girl's head coming above the surface of the water. "Meat Bun Girl?" he yelped.

Minjung covered herself under the water and hoped he couldn't see what's beneath the water surface. "TURN AROUND JERK!" she hissed.

Kibum spun round immediately, his face red. "What are you doing in the water?" he asked carefully.

"What do you think?" Minjung growled. "Bathing of course! GO AWAY NOW!"

Kibum turned redder than he originally was. He mentally facepalmed himself. *Of course! Why did I even ask!*

"..Ugh meat bun girl..." Kibum muttered awkwardly.

"What?" Minjung snapped.

Kibum bit his lips awkwardly. "Does..does it hurt?" he asked softly. "Your back. Does it hurt?"

Minjung softened. "Of course." She scoffed but in a less cold manner.


Kibum bit his lips guiltily. "Erm.. I got this herbal ointment form the Royal Physician. It's going to heal your wounds fast I promise. I'll put them here and you use it alright?" he placed the ointment on a nearby rock.

"So.. er I'll go now. I don't want to disturb your bath." Kibum muttered and took a few steps forward, before faltering and coming to a stop.

"And meat bun girl?" Kibum called softly. Minjung looked at his back curiously.

"I'm sorry." Kibum whispered, before turning red again and running off.

Minjung gazed at his retreating back and softened. *At least he isn't as bad as he seems.* she smiled softly.