We'll never be okay

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PRESENT

The doorbell tingled and Minjung looked up, surprised to find a customer when it was closing time. "I'm sorry but we're closing in five minutes" Minjung bowed.

The tall and lean man pulled down his cap and cleared his throat. "Let me just browse some books. It won't long." he said in a stuffy voice.

Minjung nodded and went back to accounting the earnings for that day. She eyed the man suspiciously.

He was overdressed to be going a bookstore. Wearing a cap, sunglasses, and even a mask. The only part of his head Minjung could see was his hair.

Minjung narrowed her eyes at him. *Maybe he's here to steal?*

Her eyes followed him as he went from shelf to shelf, seemingly not interested in a single book. He picked up a book, pretended to look at it's title, before placing it back on the shelf and moving on the next shelf.

Minjung wrinkled her nose as she glanced at the clock. *Another 2 minutes left.*

The man took a random book and began striding towards Minjung. She thought he wanted to get the book. "That will be 30 thousand wo-" she started.

The man pushed the book to her roughly. "Read this book!" he ordered.

Minjung blinked. "Eh?"

"Just read it!" The man demanded. "Read it okay!" he went off hurriedly after that.

Minjung looked down at the book he passed her. "10 Ways to Eat Healthily to not get Constipation." she raised her brows. "Why would I need this?"

She shrugged and proceeded to put the book back, when something fell from between the pages of the book.

Minjung picked it up curiously, only to find that it's an envelope addressed to her. She opened it carefully and found 200 000 won inside. She gasped softly.

She read the letter inside hurriedly.

To Nerd Girl

Hi.. I came to return the 200 000 won I took from you.

Actually, you didn't spoil my phone, it was spoilt before that. I just wanted to tease you so i framed you.

I didn't think you were serious about it being tour assessment book money.

Just. Take the money back and come back to school okay?

Don't work anymore and get those ugly paper cuts. You'll only make yourself uglier than before Nerd Girl.

And. I'm sorry for the prank.

-Key

A pleasant smile lit Minjung's face. *At least.. He seems to have a heart.*



Key went to school the next day, wanting to see if Minjung went to school, and also afraid to see her cause he was sure she would throw a tantrum for his childish behavior.

Before he could even look around, a girl came up to him and clung onto his arm. "Key Oppa! Where are we going for our date today?" she asked eagerly.

Key raised his brows. "Since when was I going on a date with you?" he asked.

The girl pouted. "How can you forget Oppa?" She whined. "You asked me!"

Key's brows furrowed. *What is this mad girl talking about?* Before he could ask her more, another five girls came up to him. "Where are we going on a date today Key Oppa?" they asked in unison.

They eyed each other in surprise. "Yah! Key Oppa is going on a date with me!" one whined.

"No!" another protested. "He's going with me!"

"No me!" "Me!" "Me!"

Key's head spun in confusion. He slipped away hoping the girls would not notice, but little did he know they all had THE KEY RADAR.

The moment he took one step, they turned and ran after him. "Where are you going Oppa?" she shrieked.

Key yelped and ran off as fast as he could, running into the male toilet and locking himself in the cubicle. He panted. *What the hell is happening today?*

He rummaged his bag to look for his new phone to call Onew for help when he noticed a post-it pasted on it.

To Mr Proud

Just wanted to say you're forgiven.

But just so you know, we'll never be okay. I'll never bow down to your proud so you better look out!

-Minjung

Key raised his brows and looked through his phone. His eyes widened in shock.

There were more than a hundred messages sent out to various girls, asking them on a date today in the name of Almighty.

He groaned inwardly. *How am I going to get out of this cubicle today?!*

He glanced at the note and a warm feeling passed through his body. He chuckled softly despite the situation.

"That girl." he muttered. "She's right. We'll never be okay. And I'll never stop teasing her." he smiled to himself.

*At least she forgave me.* Key sighed to himself, preparing to spend the whole day in the toilet.