Betrayer

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PAST

Kibum nodded and pecked her forehead. "Goodnight princess."

He waited till she closed the door and blew out the candle that lit the room before turning to go.

He halted at his first step and gasped in shock.

"Hyung?"

-------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

Jaejoong paled as he approached Kibum.

The scene he just saw kept replaying in his mind. The kiss, the hug, the affection.

"You and Minjung.. you two..." Jaejoong fumbled with his words.

"We are together now hyung." Kibum smiled.

END OF FLASHBACK

Jaejoong clenched his fists as he waited outside the King's chamber. He had gone there the moment they returned to the palace.

*I can give up the throne to Kibum.* He thought furiously. *I can give up all riches and become a commoner. But I will never give Minjung up. NEVER*

The servant came out and bowed. "You can go in now Prince Jaejoong."

Jaejoong nodded and went into the King's chambers. The Queen was also there, bringing tea for her husband. "Oh Jaejoong ah!" she smiled. "What brings you here today?"

"Abeoji, Omonim." Jaejoong nodded. "I have something to tell you."

The King nodded. "What is it Jaejoong? You look so serious."

Jaejoong took a deep breath. "It's about Kibum." he admitted. *I'm sorry Kibum, but I have to think about my own happiness.*

The King's brows raised. "What about him?"

"Kibum is currently romantically related to his personal palace maid." Jaejoong blurted. "They have just started not long ago."

The King and Queen paled. "Are you speaking the truth Jaejoong?" the King roared. "How dare that kid fall for a mere palace maid! It's a mistake making her his personal maid. He is the Crown Prince! How can he fall for a maid!"

"Don't get too angry Wangja." The Queen comforted. "Maybe he has an explanation?"

The King nodded. "Call Kibum right now! I want to talk to him IMMEDIATELY!"

 

Kibum and Minjung were lazing around in Kibum's chambers, tired after the journey back. "Aigoo.. that ride was long." Minjung pouted. "I wonder how you royals always go around in the carriages. It's so tiring."

Kibum grinned and went over to her. "My princess in tired?" he asked, gently massaging her shoulders. "Aigoo~ My poor princess." he cooed.

Minjung giggled. "Yah you're the Crown Prince and you're tending to me?" she pushed him away. "I should be the one tending to you."

Kibum grabbed her hands. "You may be a maid, but you're my princess." he smiled sincerely.

Minjung softened and met his lips when he leaned forwards. Their lips met for a brief moment before there was a knock on the door. Kibum scowled. "Another er?" he muttered.

"Crown Prince. The King seeks your presence." The servant called.

Kibum blinked. *Abeoji? I wonder what it is.* He smiled down at Minjung. "I'll go for a while. Wait for me arraji?" he pecked her lips.

Minjung smiled. "Arraseo." she nodded. "Come back quickly." she called.

Kibum winked and went off. He stepped cautiously into the King's chamber, feeling the tension in the air.

"Abeoji Omonim." he greeted. "What's with your serious faces? Don't tell me Omonim is pregnant with another child?" he joked.

"This is no time for jokes Kibum." The King growled in a low voice. "I want to ask you something you must answer me truthfully."

Kibum nodded, wondering where this conversation was leading to. What he did know was that it was going to be a bad thing.

"Are you currently in a romatic relationship with your personal maid, Han Minjung?" the King asked.

Kibum's eyes widened. *How did they know?* He bit his lips and lowered his gaze. "Yes." he admitted. "I'm sorry for not telling you earlier Abe-"

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING KIBUM?" The King roared. "You're the Crown Prince for god's sake! How can you fall for a mere Palace Maid? This is absurd!"

"What's wrong with a palace maid?" Kibum defended. "I love her and she loves me too. She has a better personality than any princess out there. I love her and I intend to marry her in the future."

The Queen paled. "Are you serious Kibum?" she asked. "Do you know how ridiculous this sounds? How can the future queen be of commoner birth?"

Kibum frowned. "What's wrong? She's a human too!"

"As the future ruler of the country, we cannot allow you to marry a mere maid." The King concluded. "You must marry a princess, Princess Sooyeon would be preferable. I will not allow a mere maid as the next Queen."

"Abeoji-" Kibum begged.

"And from this moment onwards," The King continued, ignoring Kibum. "Han Minjung will be removed from your chambers and transferred to the kitchen as a helper. All contact between you and that girl will be forbidden."

"ABEOJI!" Kibum roared, frustrated. "You can't do this to me! I love her! I'll die without her!"

"Then die." The King answered coldly. "I might as well the Crown Prince die that him getting a maid as a bride. This is such a disgrace to the family. I must ask for forgiveness from the ancestors for not teaching you well."

"Abeoji!" Kibum shrieked as the King and Queen left.

Kibum fell on his knees. *I knew this wouldn't be easy. But I didn't think Abeoji would be so against it.*

"Han Minjung... Eotteohke?" he muttered.