The last minute fortune telling witch

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PRESENT

Minjung paled as Minho walked out of the bookstore.

Key and Jessica were going to be...engaged?

Something in Minjung cracked right then and there. The thin foil of denial she persistently covered upon herself, it broke.

Tears flowed down her cheeks unknowingly and she stared at the floor in shock.

"So Key had someone he was supposed to be engaged with?" she whispered. "Jessica. Jessica Jung. Pretty, Rich and y. Everything a guy looks for in a girl."

She began falling on her knees as she tried to stifle her sobs. She hid behind a bookshelf and covered as she tried not to disturb the silence in the bookstore.

She squeezed her eyes shut as realization hit her. *I'm in love with him. I'm in love with Key.*

She clutched her heart in despair. *But he's going to marry Jessica? Who am I to fight for him? I'm a poor Nerd and she's a y heiress. On what grounds can we fight?*

"I've lost even before it begun." she whispered.



It was Friday, the day of the school's carnival.

It was held once a year to raise funds for activities that were to be held the next year. Even though rich tycoons like Mr Kim, Key's dad was funding the school, it was always good to have a little extra cash.

The school was transformed into a carnival within a span of a night and there were many stalls set up.

Stalls with games, food, more games, more food, ... And yes games and food. I mean what else is there in the carnival??!

Only some of the students were involved in operating the stalls and the rest only had to decorate the place before they could be free to wander round the carnival as well.

Minjung and SHINee were one of those who had nothing to do. Of course, you couldn't make the kingkas do the dirty work right?

And Minjung knew nothing of baking cakes or any of that sort so she was practically useless in that area.

There was a vibrant atmosphere in the air, where many people were having fun and silly nursery rhymes were blasting loudly.

Minjung stood awkwardly with Sujin, who had clicked with Minho and was having a great talk about who knows what.

Key was eying her discreetly, paying no attention to what the blonde Jessica was blabbering about in front of him.

He saw her pale expression and he frowned slightly. *What's bothering her?*

Minjung met eyes with Key for an instant and she immediately reddened, her heart pounding. She looked away immediately and pretended to be engrossed in something else.

Key furrowed his brows. *What is with her today?*

Onew, Jonghyun and Taemin started to visit various food stalls (all chicken; with insistence from the leader.)

Minjung wanted to follow them and not be stuck with both "couples", Key Jessica and Sujin Minho.

She took a step away when a hand grabbed her wrist. "Where are you going?" Key's eyes pierced into hers.

Minjung lowered her gaze. "With the others. I'm hungry." she fibbed.

"I'll go with you." Key declared. But Jessica pulled him back and pouted. "Don't Oppa! Carnival food has lots of calories! Let's go to the couple games!"

"No Jessica I want to follow..." Key turned and faced no one. He looked around. "Minjung..." he faltered.

Jessica smirked slightly and clung onto his hand. "She doesn't want you following her when she gets to go with three guys Oppa! Let's go to the games!"

Key groaned and felt himself being pulled away.

Minjung came out from behind the wall and sighed to himself. *I don't like this carnival at all. If I meet Key and Jessica somewhere in the middle... .. It hurts so bad.*

She was prepared go look for another corner to hide when someone approached her. "Minjung!! We need your help!" a girl named Sanghee came running towards her.

Minjung blinked. "You know Gahyun?" Sanghee panted.

Minjung nodded. Gahyun was one of the famous girls in school. Not because of her beauty or brains but because of her connection with the "other world."

According to her, she could see ghosts and see into the future.

"She's supposed to be the hooded fortune telling witch but she ate something bad and she can't stop vomitting!" Sanghee shrieked desperately. "We can't find anyone willing to take over her since they all think it's a stupid job! And I'm in charge of the game stall so I can't do it! Can you please take over Gahyun's place?"

Minjung nodded enthusiastically. Sanghee blinked, rather surprised at how willing she was.

"That's great! Just blabber some nonsense to the customers!" Sanghee pulled Minjung along.

Minjung sighed to herself. *At least if I'm cooped up in a tent as a fortune telling witch, I won't meet Key and Jessica along the way.*

"You're so pathetic Han Minjung." she whispered to herself.