I swear he's in love

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PRESENT

Minjung smiled lightly to herself as she continued packing the books on the shelf. She didn't need to work overtime since she got her money back, but she still worked there to get enough money for her daily life.

She thought of how horrified Key looked when those girls approached him and she giggled to herself.

"His horrified face was JJANG!" she squealed softly.

"What's JJANG?"

Minjung looked up, surprised. "Jaejoong!" her eyes rounded.

Jaejoong smiled warmly. "I'm glad you remember my name, Han Minjung." Inside, he swore his heart was feeling tingly.

"Thanks for the book the other time!" Minjung bowed. "I enjoyed it a lot!"

Jaejoong grinned. "So do you think you can pay me back for the book?"

The smile on Minjung's face was wiped off in a second. "Eh?" she stared back blankly.

...

"Hahaha you should have seen your face!" Jaejoong chuckled. "I was just kidding!"

Minjung heaved a huge sigh of relief. "Ah is that so?" she asked gladly.

"But, if you want to pay," Jaejoong started slowly. Minjung looked at him anxiously and played with her fingers behind her back.

"Have a cup of coffee with me." Jaejoong smiled. Minjung blinked in surprise.

"In return for the book, I want your friendship." Jaejoong winked.

Minjung laughed. "You already have it." she giggled. "But if you want, then let's have a cup of coffee then. My treat."

Minjung told the manager she was going on a break and went to the nearby cafe with Jaejoong. She bought him a cup of expresso as he wished and plain water for herself.

Jaejoong blinked at his own expresso and at her water. "You... Sure you don't want something else other than water? We're in a cafe."

Minjung nodded and sipped on her water. *What's so different about this water and tap water at home? Why is this so much more expensive!* she grumbled in her mind.

"Yeah I'm fine." she nodded, playing with her almost empty wallet.

Jaejoong took it all in and strode to the counter. He came back soon with a caramel coffee macchiato and placed it in front of her. "Drink this. Water is boring."

Minjung swallowed her saliva and pushed it back to him. "No thanks. I'm a BIG FAN of water." she said, but her eyes stared at the cup of macchiato intently.

Jaejoong chuckled again. *She can't hide her emotions like the last time.*

"Just take it." Jaejoong insisted, and pushed it back to her. "We won't be friends if you don't accept this."

Minjung took the drink hesitantly and sipped it slowly. Her eyes lit up and shone. "Wuah! This drink is awesome!" she exclaimed.

Jaejoong chuckled again. "Yeah it is. Drink more. I can get a second cup if you want more."

Minjung sipped her drink cheerfully as she and Jaejoong began chatting. She realized that he was easy to talk to, as if they had known each other for a long time.

"..and can you believe it?" Minjung said agitatedly. "He hung the spongebob bra on my locker!" she puffed her cheeks irritatedly.

Jaejoong chuckled. "You look like you don't adore him."

"Adore?" Minjung scoffed. "Please! I detest him!" she pouted. She took a deep breath and knew she had to give Key some credit for returning the money to her.

"But...I guess he isn't that bad." she continued thoughtfully. "He's a jerk on the outside, but he has an okay heart. He isn't that bad perhaps."

Jaejoong raised his brows. Was it a slight admiration he detected in her words?

"Do you think...it's possible for you to like him?" Jaejoong asked carefully.

Minjung laughed. "Of course not! Maybe if one day comes that I don't want to kill him, I don't want to prank him, I don't think there will be a day that I like him!" she giggled. "Omo just the thought of it is so ridiculous!"

Jaejoong heaved a small sigh of relief. *Then I have some chance.*



"Hey Hyung." Key greeted as Jaejoong returned home. "Whefe were you?"

"The bookstore as usual." Jaejoong smiled to himself. "And then I went to the cafe."

"Yourself?" Key asked curious.

"No." Jaejoong's eyes softened at the thought of Minjung. "With a new friend I made."

"Friend?" Key raised his brows. His hyung's behavior was indeed suspicious. "A girl or guy?"

"Yah what's with the questions!" Jaejoong snapped. "I'm going back to my room."

Jaejoong flew up the stairs, his face red like he was caught red handed.

Key smirked. "I swear, Jaejoong Hyung is in love. If it isn't that, then I'm not Almighty."

He shrugged and turned back to the TV. "I wonder who caught his attention?" he mumbled.