I can't do anything

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PRESENT

Key walked Minjung back to her house, their fingers intertwined.

Minjung stared off into the distance, her expression blank. Key glanced at her worriedly. *Was the decision to bring her to my parents a wrong one.*

Key stopped walking and Minjung halted, turning back at him curiously.

Key softened and caressed her face, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. "Baby, don't be sad." he persuaded. "You know I'll never leave you because of them."

Minjung smiled softly. "I know." She squeezed his arm.

"But.. if only, if only I was born in a rich family." she lowered her gaze regretfully. "If only I wasn't this poor and uncultured, it wouldn't be so difficult."

Key untangled his hand from hers and embraced her. "Babo." he chided softly. "It's not your fault, you're perfect as it is. I wouldn't want to change anything about you."

Minjung sniffed. "But if only..." she trailed off.

Key softened and kissed her temple. "It's going to be okay baby. I promise." he her hair. "I'll persuade my parents somehow. Don't worry and leave it to the Almighty alright?"

Minjung nodded and smiled a little. "Fine. I'll trust Almighty just this once." she giggled.

Key chuckled and pushed her into her house. "Go get some rest and wash up. You look ugly with those tear stains." he teased.

Minjung puffed her cheeks and hit his chest. "Whatever." she rolled her eyes. "I'll text you when I wake up."

Key nodded and smiled as he waved goodbye. As soon as the door closed, the smile disappeared, replaced by a frown.

*Now what am I supposed to do?* he sighed.



"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Key roared.

He didn't dare believe his ears.

After his father so crudely refused to acknowledge his girlfriend, Mr Kim was okay about Jaejoong courting Minjung?

"I bring my girlfriend home and you tell me you want me to marry a heiress!" Key growled. "And when Hyung asks if he can court MY GIRLFRIEND, you say yes! WHAT THE IS THIS?"

Mr Kim shrugged. "Don't you understand? Jaejoong's marriage will be nothing to do with the company. He already signed that contract to be a singer. He won't be involved with the company at all."

"However, you're the heir to the company." Mr Kim continued. "As the future CEO, you have the responsibility to choose a wife that will benefit your company isn't it?"

Key closed his eyes to calm himself, not wanting to create more of a fuss than it already was.

"You're telling me that because I'm going to be the CEO of the company, I can't marry the girl I like?" he asked, his voice cracking.

"Then I quit. I don't want to be the CEO anymore." Key turned away coldly.

Mr Kim laughed. "Then who'll take over the company? Jaejoong cant. He already signed he contract with the entertainment company. Only you're left."

Key clenched his jaw. "Then close the company or whatever I don't care." he growled. "I will marry only the girl I love."

Mr Kim stood up abruptly and stormed over to Key.

His hand swept across Key's face in a hard awakening slap. Key's eyes widened as he stared back at his father. Jaejoong gasped softly, not expecting their father to be that violent.

"You..." Key looked at his father with tears in his eyes.

"This is a wake up call Key." Mr Kim said in a low voice. "I'll allowed you to fool around for long enough. From now on, you'll only listen to what I say."

"You'll be engaged to Jessica." Mr Kim looked at Key in the eye. "And you will not be allowed to have any contact with that poor girl of yours. Whether or not she becomes your sister-in-law will be determined in the future. But I will not allow her to be your wife."

"Abeoji-" Key looked hurt.

"I know you may hate me now, but this is for the company." Mr Kim convinced. "Just trust me."

Key collapsed on the floor, his head spinning.

He couldn't believe how cruel his father was.

He couldn't believe how he can't have the freedom he always thought he had.

He couldn't believe... How frightening close his life is turning out to be like that dream.

*Damn.* Key cried, really cried his heart out for the first time in his life.