Trust me

I'm a kingka REINCARNATED from a JOSEON PRINCE

THE PAST

Minjung sighed softly to herself as she cut the carrots. It had been a week since she saw Kibum, before he went to have that talk with the King.

She didn't even have the chance to tell him goodbye or anything of that sort, before she was cruelly sent away from him.

She lowered her gaze, biting her lips, a habit that she always did when she was troubled. The extent of her swollen lips just showed how troubled she was.

She wondered if she would have a chance to even meet Kibum at all.

"Ouch!" she yelped in pain as the knife in her hands accidentally sliced the soft skin of her finger.

Another maid came running over and gave her a cloth to stop the bleeding. "Focus when you're working. You good days with the Crown Prince are over. You're a Kitchen Helper now."

Minjung nodded, blinking back her tears. *That's right. I can't even get a chance to meet Kibum now.*

 

Kibum ruffled his hair frustratedly and stared at the book in front of him. Not a single word made sense to him. All that filled his mind was Minjung, Minjung and more Minjung.

He closed his eyes tiredly and put his arm over his forehead. *I miss you so much Minjung ah..*

Sujin came in with his tea and she placed it on the table gently. "Here's your tea, Crown Prince." she bowed. Just before she left, Kibum held on to her. Just like he did every chance he got to see her.

"Is Minjung okay?" Kibum asked in a low voice. He knew there were other maids around that would tell him off to the King if he remained suspicious.

Sujin nodded. "She's fine." she puffed her cheeks. "If you're so worried about her, why don't you just meet her for once?"

Kibum sighed. "I want to but the guards-"

"Just sneak out or something if you want to. I'm sure you can do it if you love her enough." Sujin nodded.

"Of course I love her enough!" Kibum hissed angrily. He looked around and made sure no one else was listening. "Ask her to wait at the horse stable tonight at 12. I'll find some way to meet her."

Sujin smiled and nodded. *I hope you two will have a happy ending.*

 

Kibum laid on his bed, his eyes wide opened. All the lights in his room were off and it was pitch dark.

He could see silhouttes of guards the King hired, pacing in front of his room, to and fro. He frowned slightly as he crept out of bed.

His gaze fell on the window. *I have to do this. I have to see her or I'll die of suffocation.*

Careful not to make a sound, Kibum used a stood to climb to the window. He looked out to find no one around, since all the guards were at the front of his room. He smirked and jumped out, landing on the grass with a soft thud.

He held his breath, waiting to see if anyone heard. Apparently not.

Smiling happily, Kibum got up and snuck to the horse stable as fast and as quietly as he could. His heart was pounding hard as he neared the destination. He wanted to see her so badly, it was as if he missed a part of himself.

He saw a familiar silhoutte waiting under the moonlight, and he smiled. "Princess!" he whispered loudly.

Minjung whipped her head to his direction and saw the person who has been taking up all her thoughts, running to her. "Kibum ah!" she cried softly as she ran into his welcoming embrace.

Kibum wrapped his arms round her so tight, she would have felt uncomfortable in usual circumstances. However, their longing for each other could only be shown in such ways, and Minjung held him back just as tightly.

"I missed you so much princess." Kibum whispered softly, taking a deep whiff of her hair. He missed this, he missed her.

Minjung nodded and buried her face in his chest. "I missed you too."

Kibum pulled away and looked at her carefully. He cupped her cheeks and tilted her head left and right, as if he was looking at an art work in the museum.

Minjung giggled softly. "What are you doing Kibum?"

Kibum smiled and rested his forehead against hers, their noses touching. "I wanted to see if my princess still looked as pretty as she did one week ago." he grinned. "And as expected, she looks even prettier."

Minjung blushed a rosy pink, and she was glad it was dark, making her flush not that noticable.

"But you look skinner, princess." Kibum cupped her cheeks. "Eat more alright?"

Minjung nodded. "You too." she patted his face lovingly.

Kibum smiled and held her hand to his face, when his fingers brushed across the bandage that was on few of her fingers. His eyes grew wide and he held out both her hands, shocked to find six bandages on ten fingers.

"What happened to you princess?" He asked, shocked.

Minjung pulled her hands away sheepishly. "I wasn't paying enough attention when I was slicing the vegatables." she confessed meekly.

Kibum sighed and poked her forehead. "Why do you make me worry so much about you, princess?" he chided gently. "Don't hurt yourself, you're hurting me in the process."

Minjung pouted. "If you hadn't occupied all my thoughts maybe I wouldn't hav..." she trailed off, her eyes wide realizing what she blurted out of her own accord.

Kibum chuckled amused. "So you were thinking of me?" he mused, pulling her closer.

Minjung blushed furiously. "Ahhh about that.."

Wordlessly, Kibum took her hands and kissed everyone of her fingers tenderly. Minjung looked at him in awe, as he treated every of her finger so tenderly and gently, as if they would break if he exerted too much strength.

"Do they hurt?" Kibum asked softly. Minjung shook her head and smiled, a tear trickling down her cheek. "Not at all."

Kibum looked at her in surprise, wiping her tear away. "Why are you crying?"

Minjung bit her lips and stared at him. "Because I missed you too much." she confessed, lowering her gaze. "I knew i missed you, but only after seeing you again, did I realize my heart was pining for you all along."

Kibum softened and tilted her head up, claiming her lips. He shut his eyes, savouring the precious moment, not knowing when they would have such a chance again. He caressed her cheeks softly, bringing her closer to him.

They broke away and Kibum searched Minjung's eyes. "I love you, Han Minjung." he whispered. "And I want you to trust me. I'm not going to let my status hurt you. I'm not going to give up on us. Please wait for me. I will solve this."

Minjung smiled and nodded. She trusted him with all her life.

Kibum intertwined their fingers and gazed at their hands. *I'm never going to let this hand go, ever.*