leaving

Only Girl (In the World)

Your POV:


It was three weeks after my audition. I was pacing back and forth in my room, which I share with MiKyung, waiting for the text that the judges told me about. I had been doing this for the past week, anxious about my results (of course, I already knew).

Minutes later, the text came, my phone vibrating.

I snapped my head towards my bed and immediately grabbed my phone.

The screen showed that the text is from and unknown sender, but I knew it was them.

I opened the message, already knowing that I would make it in. But, there was more than that.

Dear Miss Bang ________,
As you may know, this text is to tell you about your results from your audition.
We are ever so glad to say that you have passed your audition and will become the new addition for our boyband called UKISS.

Do not be afraid just because you are the only female in the group. We believe that you are far too strong for a girl group, as you have shown us in your routine. I cannot inform you so much in one text, so please come to the audition centre tomorrow at 12 pm with your bags packed as you are moving in with the other UKISS members. You will meet the manager and we shall discuss the whole thing there.

- NH Media.

I widened my eyes at the text.

I knew that I had made it in, BUT MEETING THEIR MANAGER AND MOVING IN WITH THEM?!

ALREADY?!

My palms started to sweat and my hands were shaking.

Okay, calm down, I reminded myself. Breathe, ________, breathe. You're only meeting their manager and soon you'll meet with seven guys.

Oh what was I thinking?

I'M GONNA MEET SEVEN GUYS AND THEIR MANAGER AND I DON'T KNOW WHEN TO START PACKING!

HOW AM I GONNA TELL AUNTY AND UNCLE?

HOW AM I GONNA TELL MIKYUNG?

"Oh, MiKyung-ah, I'm going to be in a seven-member boyband and leave you like Minsoo left us"?

OR

"Oh, aunty, uncle, I'm going to be an artist like Minsoo and leave you today."?

No.

I guess I'll tell them tomorrow.

_________

*THE NEXT DAY*


OH MY GODDDDDD!!!!!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY I HAVE TO MEET UKISS AND THEIR MANAGER!!

AHHH!! WHAT IF THERE WOULD BE A MILLION AWKWARD MOMENTS BECAUSE I'M A GIRL?

WHAT IF THEY WANT TO ME WHEN THEY FIRST SEE ME?!

Idiot! Why would they you? THEY'RE TOO INNOCENT!

BECAUSE THEY'RE GUYS WHOSE HORMONES ARE AT THEIR BECAUSE THEY'RE ABOUT 16 TO 22!! AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW THEM PERSONALLY!!

That may be true, but think about it. It might completely destroy their image if they did...

I gotta agree with you, conscience.

Good.

BUT IF THEY ME I'M SOOOO GONNA-

Alright, I get it.

So anyway, it was about 10am, I have only 2 hours to pack and tell MiKyung.

I grabbed all the clothes I could and folded them neatly into my Nike sports bag, my sketchbook (I can't live without it) that had all my paintings and charcoal drawings, boxes of lead pencils, charcoal and chalk pastels, and placed them on top of the clothes. I took my iPod Touch and phone, put them on top of my art tools, and closed the bag.

I ran downstairs to the garage and snatched all my shoes (Nike Air Forces, high tops, Vans, Converse) and ran back upstairs to my room.

Finding another sports bag, I carefully placed the shoes inside.

"Unnie, where are you going?" a voice suddenly asked. I snapped my head towards the direction of the voice and saw MiKyung at the door. "Are you leaving?"

I stopped packing and looked into MiKyung's innocent eyes. She looked upset, sad, anxious.

"MiKyung-ah..." I began softly. "I don't know how to explain this..."

"Are you leaving like Minsoo? For singing?" she said. I went up to her and went on my knees to get to her level.

"No, I'm not leaving like Minsoo. He left without compassion and telling us. But I'm leaving with compassion and telling you."

"So you are leaving?" her eyes started to become bright.

I sighed before answering.

"Yes, I am leaving. But don't worry, I'll call you everyday and send you e-mails when I get the chance. I promise, unlike Minsoo." I reassured her.

"But I'll miss you, unnie..."

I let out a sharp sigh and took off my necklace that mum had given me before she died.

I saw MiKyung's eyes widen.

"Here, take this. It will remind you that I'm always here with you and that I'll never forget you. I guess you can say that you have a piece of me wherever you go." I smiled at her and put the necklace around her neck.

"Mum's necklace?"

I nodded in response. She took the pendant in her hand and stared longingly at it.

I went over to my bag of shoes and zipped it. I grabbed my other bag and the shoe bag and went to the bedroom door.

MiKyung looked up from the pendant to me.

"Goodbye MiKyung." I said while hugging her tightly.

"Goodbye unnie. I'll miss you." she sobbed into my jacket. I really didn't want to let go of her.

"I'll miss you too dongsaeng..." I replied, rubbing my hand up and down her back, comforting her.

I pulled away from our hug and looked at her one more time.

"Good luck unnie, I'll be watching TV everyday." she said.

"Thanks Mi. Make sure you do ^^" I smiled at her and grabbed my bags.

I headed out the front door and closed it, hoping that I would make it through without crying everyday because of missing MiKyung.

_______________

I arrived at the audition waiting room with my bags, scanning the area for someone. I then spotted a man, about in his late 20s, at the front of the room where I had auditioned. I nervously walked to him.

"Excuse me, are you UKISS' manager?" I asked him.

"Why, yes. Are you Bang ________?" he replied.

"Yes I am, sir."

"Well, I am so glad to see you! Please call me manager-oppa since you're officially part of UKISS. It's so great to see the new addition! Despite the fact that you're a girl, I think you'll do fine."

"That, she will." a voice suddenly said. Manager-oppa and I flicked our heads towards the direction of the voice.

I saw the lady judge come over our way in her business suit and everything, like back at the audition.

"Hello HyunMi." Manager oppa said to the lady. So that's her name.

"Yes, good morning. ________, manager, come with me. We have to discuss some things." she said and motioned for us to follow. Manager-oppa and I exchanged glances and shrugged, following HyunMi.

We eventually got to a small cafe that HyunMi drove us to.

"______, leave your bags in the car." she said. I nodded and left the bags on the seat next to me.

We got out of the car and went inside the cafe, getting a table for the three of us.

"Take a seat." HyunMi said as she motioned for us to sit.

Manager-oppa and I sat and we ordered our drinks. Shortly after, HyunMi started to speak.

"We're here to discuss _______'s talents and why we've decided to put her into a boyband - UKISS." she said as we sipped our hot drinks. I ordered a hot chocolate.

"Okay, so why did you choose _________ to be in UKISS?" Manager-oppa asked.

"Because of this.." HyunMi smirked before pulling a laptop from her bag and opening it.

I glanced over to see what she was doing with the laptop, but she whipped it around so that the screen was now straight in my face.

It was my audition.

"Oh God.." I facepalmed myself as Manager-oppa was watching the video. I covered my face the whole time HyunMi played the video.

When the video finished playing, I un-covered my face to see Manager-oppa with his jaw dropped and his eyes wide.

"Well? What do you think?" HyunMi asked.

"She is totally boyband-worthy. You might as well be a male, ________." he replied. "This is seriously going to be revolutionary in the KPOP industry - only one girl being in a SEVEN member boy band."

"So what? You said she might as well be a guy. They'll probably treat her as if she is a male. You are a tomboy, are you, _________?" she said.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." I replied and drank more of my hot chocolate.

"You see? Let's go and meet the boys now!" she excitedly said and stuffed her laptop in her bag and stood up quickly. She put some money onto the table, paying for the drinks and walking quickly to the car.

"Ugh...now?" I groaned.

I really didn't want to live in a dorm filled with testosterone, even though I'm a tomboy.

"YES NOW! LET'S GET OUT THERE AND MAKE HISTORY!" she called to us and gestured desperately to get to the car.

"Let's go, ________. Time to meet your bandmates." Manager-oppa said to me and helped out of my chair.

This is gonna be one hell of a meeting.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

YAY ANOTHER UPDATE!! sorry if it's going a bit slow, but next chapter is gonna be AWESOME XDDD

and i've just got a poster for this story YAYYYYY!!!!!!! IT'S SO PRETTY ISN'T IT?! XDD hehe i think i've had too much ice cream tonight XD

just another note, i'm only going to update about twice or three times a week for the next 2 weeks because i have FREAKING EXAMS ><"

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!