audition

Only Girl (In the World)

Your POV:
 

It was the day.

The day I have to prove myself. The day I have to show him that I am strong.

I waited in the room in my dancing clothes - baggy sweatpants, Nike high-tops, a black tank top with a loose white 3/4 shoulder shirt on top.

(the shirt)

It was about 15 minutes until my turn. One by one, people, mainly girls, went in and went out of the audition room. Some people had hopeful faces, some were balling their eyes out crying, some were expressionless.

The people that were waiting around me looked like dancers that were so professional that they would be able to take out anyone no matter how hard they try.

Because of those dancers around me, I felt more and more insecure and nervous. I felt my hands shake and my palms sweat. I could never beat any of them. But I have to take a chance - there might not be any more auditions like this in at least a few years.

I, on the other hand, am a self-taught dancer. I don't go to lessons because I can't afford them because of my stupid excuse of a brother.


*FLASHBACK*

I was only 11, going on 12, and he was 15 back then.

I just got home from school and ran up the stairs to play with Minsoo.

"OPPA! OPPA! Can we play COD now? I just got ho-"

I stopped talking when I saw him in his room packing for something. He was grabbing all of his clothes, shoes and iPod and shoving them into his bags. He stopped packing and looked at me.

"Minsoo, are you going somewhere?" I asked innocently - I really didn't know what was happening.

"______, remember when I said that I really wanted to become a singer one day?" he asked suddenly and got up.

"Yeah..."

"Well, I'm gonna become one." he said with a smile and walked towards me.

"What are you talking about? I thought you weren't serious." I replied. This can't be happening, can it?

"I am serious. I'm going to be training for about four years, and that might mean...I can't see you anymore..." he trailed off.

From that moment, I felt tears build up in my eyes. I rarely cry in front of anyone, let alone my brother.

"Oppa...why? Who will I play with now? All the girls don't wanna play with me because I dance too much, and none of the girls dance like me. Oppa, don't go..." I pleaded while holding onto his arm.

"I'm sorry, _______. I really have to do this if I want to chase my dream. And who knows? You might see me on TV one day." he said and patted my head.

"But what if you don't recognise me? You're my best friend! What did mum and dad say about this?"

I felt a tear roll down my face.

"They didn't mind. Don't worry, I'll always recognise you - you're my best friend too, and my sister. I have pictures of us, so don't worry." he reassured.

"But oppa...don't leave me..." I mumbled. He came up and hugged me and rubbing his hand on my arm.

"Relax, ________. You have MiKyung." he said quietly.

"But she's only eight! She's not like you, even though we're close." I protested.

He let out a sigh. "You'll understand one day, ______. I have to go now."

I let out all my tears and broke down crying.

"Minsoo-oppa, don't go...please...don't..." I croaked in between my sobs.

"Sorry, ________..."

And with that, he grabbed his bags and went out the door.

I didn't see him ever since.
 

*END OF FLASHBACK*
 

It gave me the shivers whenever I go back to that memory. My room is filled with pictures of us and MiKyung together. Stupid brother.

I was scanning across the room, to the dancers, to the singers, to the wall, to the ceiling, waiting for my name to be called.

Again, more and more people went into the room and went out. The waiting room was getting less filled by the minutes. I then realised that I was the last person to go.

Then, a lady came out of the audition room with a clipboard.

"Bang _________?" she said while looking at me.

"Yep." I replied and got off my seat to walk into the room.

"Follow me." she said and motioned for me to come with her.

I followed her into the room where there were three judges, including herself, and a big space in front of me.

The lady sat down and looked at the other judges who were both male.

"Name?" one of the males said. He looked so bored, maybe he thinks that I'm like the others, which made him like this.

"My name is Bang ________." I replied.

"Age?" he said while writing on a piece of paper.

"I'm 16." (a/n: I'm using international ages in my fanfics, not Korean ages.)

"And what are you doing for us today?"

"I will be dancing."

The males rolled their eyes and wrote down some notes on their papers. Maybe they saw too much dancing today.

"And...queue music." the other male judge said.

The music started.

The fast, heavy beats of the song slowly sunk into me as my body started to move to the music instinctively.

My body started to wave and I did many popping and locking movements, leg and arm kicks, and no-handed cartwheels. I saw the judges having bored expressions and the lady rested her chin on the palm of her hand. I was guessing that popping and locking were too common and cliche.

The main beat of the music came and I let out krumping and started to breakdance, doing some hairflicks on the way, showing that I am different from other girls (and dancers overall).

I did a few floor moves, handstand moves, and I did the windmill for a few seconds. Every now and then, I would add a few flexible moves like the splits and backflips.

The music ended and I finished my routine by dropping to the floor and a fist pound on the ground, letting all my anger out on the ground.

When I looked up from the ground, I was panting and sweating. The judges had their jaws dropped, their expressions were priceless.

"Miss, how long have you been dancing for?" the first male judge asked.

I never thought they would ask that question.

"Um, I have been dancing for four years now." I replied in between my panting.

"What dance school do you go to?" the lady asked.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and hesitated. I didn't want to say that I was self-taught because whenever I audition for something at school in Australia, the teachers would reject me because I didn't dance professionally; all the dancers at my school were professional.

"I-I don't go to a dance school. I'm self-taught the whole way." I said nervously.

Their reactions was completely the opposite of what I had expected: they gasped and their jaws dropped even further.

"Well, thank you for auditioning today. We'll be sending in your results by text." the lady said.

I bowed to them and replied, "Thank you for letting me audition."

"You are welcome. We'll see you later."

"Bye." I waved to them with a smile on my face, leaving the audition room.

I left the room, heaving the doors open and closed it slightly, but I heard the judges talking to each other before closing the door completely.

"She's going in." the lady said instantly.

"In our next girl group?"

"No! She's far too strong for a girl group!" she hissed.

"Then where? We aren't looking for a boyish girl group."

There was a silence.

"No..." one of the male judges gasped.

"We will get her in a boy group. She has to be in UKISS. " the lady said. My eyes widened at her comment.

"But she might drag down their reputation as a strong boy band."

What?

"Idiot! Did you see her dance? She might as well be a male!" she scolded him.

"But the question is: can she handle male group dances?"

"Of course she can! She has utilised many techniques in that one-minute routine. You see? She has combined ordinary boys' hip-hop, breakdance, and flexibility - the flexibility showing that she is female. The way that she dances shows that she is different from any other girl - she can breakdance for goodness sake! No one in the KPOP industry can breakdance like that! Not even Jay Park! He can't do any windmills, and he is fairly built, let alone a girl!"

What the heck? Jay Park can't break like me? OMG.

There was another silence.

"Okay. She's the new member of UKISS." the first male judge said.

With that, I pulled myself away from the door and ran off.

I can't believe it.

I'm in a BOY group!

___________________________________________________________________________________

HELLOOOOOO EVERYONEEEEE!!!!!!!!! first chapter is up!!

sorry it took so long! I had a few school issues to deal with and this chapter is EXTRA long!

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN TEEN TOP'S NEW MV? OMG HAHAHHAA CHUNJI BEING HIT ON BY A 32-YEAR-OLD XDDD

AND 2NE1'S NEW MV? IT'S SOOO AWESOME!!

please comment and subscribe!!