Chapter 22

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beta thanks to Aenkr28

Chapter 22

 

Aching all over, Jaejoong eased onto his feet. He stretched wincing at the pain.

 

Yunho, where are you?

His heart raced.

 

Outside….. Show me your surroundings and Seulgi’s position

 

How?

 

Let me see through your eyes

 

Bracing himself as if opening up his mind. Rather than a rough intrusion, Yunho entry felt soft as if his hand was slipping into a glove. For a second he was tempted to relax into his mental embrace. Resisting the impulse, he scan the loft. The sun must have set, from the sky visible through the small cracked window, the sky had faded grey. Seulgi inert body looked like a vague lump in the far corner.

 

Very well, came Yunho’s silent voice, “Get as far away as you can from her and from the window. And cover your head…. Quickly, before she wakes.” He withdrew, leaving Jaejoong alone in his own head. Jaejoong retreated to the edge of the loft, crouched on his knee and wrapped the blanket around his head. The crash of shattered glass assaulted his ear, he stared at the opening in the wall. A stream of darkness shot across thelloft.

 

With a howl, Seulgi sprang up… Yunho's wings furled a gust of wind pushed her back, but not before her nail ripped into his bare shoulder, both had there fangs drawn. Jaejoong head pounded, as he watched Yunho and Seulgi's claw at each other like two lions fighting over a scrap of meat. Almost at the edge, Seulgi flung Yunho off her and rolled away from him. Yunho dived at her and knock her down again. In the heat they growled at the talon drew blood. Red streaks scored their arm and Yunho chest. Over and over he pinned Seulgi to the floor, but she slithered free every time.

 

Wedged in a corner, Jaejoong watched with his hands over his mouth. Seulgi as strong as Yunho! Yunho crawled around with consign, rather than pouncing, Seulgi tripped him, and this time she lunged. Her ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter