Chapter 14

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beta thanks to aenkr28

Chapter 14

 

“One thing I don’t get,” Jaejoong said, as they gathered their bags together to leave the hotel. “At Seulgi's place, when I chased you to your car, you could have turn invisible and lost me instantly, why didn’t you?”

 

“You might have noticed me Vanish, I didn’t want to take the risk.” Jaejoong wasn’t sure he understands  Yunho's answer, since he’d shimmered into visibility right before his very eyes in the hotel corrider. Had their interlude in the room rattle Yunho enough that he let his guard down? The idea gave Jaejoong an uneasy feeling of guilty.

 

“Then why did you let me catch you invisible in the hall today?”

 

“You called my name, and I responded be relax. I forgot I couldn’t make you ignore what you’ve seen, or not have seen….” He laughed.

 

“Forgot? You?” Jaejoong tilted his head back to give him a sceptical look.

 

“Our kind have photographic memories for words and visual images, but we’re not capable of repressing unpleasant truths as you are.”

 

Jaejoong had no clue what Yunho meant, but it didn’t stop him asking more questions, “All right how about what I caught up with you right after we left Seulgi's house? When I jumped into your car, you could have just shoved me out.”

 

“Have you forgotten you threaten to go to the police having I found out I couldn’t mesmerise you, I had no intention on letting you carry out your threat. I could have handled the police but I didn’t want the bother or the delay.” At the door, Yunho hand enclosed around Jaejoong as he reached for the latch, “Also, I suspect l was already developing a weakness for you, an impulsive desire I couldn’t suppress.”

 

“Impulsive desire—” Yunho icy finger suddenly seemed to scorch Jaejoong's wrist. He felt his pulses throbbing under his touch, he found himself leaning back to gaze at Yunho.

 

“I never met a person, I couldn’t fascinate at a glance. Are you surprised I responded to the challenge?” His head bent toward his.

 

“A distraction,” he murmured, “Definitely a weakness,” Just before Yunho mouth touched Jaejoong, he straighten back up. “ A weakness of both of us.” Jaejoong couldn’t help but feel disappointed when Yunho lips didn’t meet his… “Remember we still have something to do,” Yunho turned back to been serious.

 

“Right,” Jaejoong opened the door, trying not to feel disappointed by his abrupt withdrawal. “Our Guide’s waiting.”

 

On the lobby Yoona sat huddled in a chair waiting for them to arrive, the minute she saw Yunho she jumped from her seat. Yunho only mutter two word to her, “Come now!” Without a word, she picked up her stuff and followed them out to their car. Jaejoong sat in the front seat, while Yoona still wide eyes like a trapped rabbit, crawled in the back. Yunho took the wheel willingly as the sun had gone down. Jaejoong accepted his decision gladly to fight the traffic, especially at twilight. Even as a passenger, he found himself clutching onto the armrest at every screech of the brakes and abrupt lane changes.

 

“DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?” Jaejoong mutter after Yunho dashed through a set of yellow lights. “Oh I forgot your immortal. Don’t forget we’re not.”

 

“Neither am I,” he said, his eyes was focused on the road, “We live long and are hard to kill, but we are not indestructible. But just so you know, you have nothing to worry about where the traffic concerned, I have terribly good reflexes.”

 

“THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE!” Jaejoong shouted at him. They were an hour into the drive when Yoona spoke from the back seat, “What are you going to do when you find Seulgi?”

 

“Nothing much just show her the curtsy she done to my brother,” Yunho answered her.

 

“Not necessarily,” Jaejoong frowned at him, “We haven’t completely decided, I know I’m not capable of killing someone.”

 

“Man, I don’t know if I want her dead,” Yoona nodded.

 

“You want to be free from her, don’t you?” said Yunho.

 

“Sure, But—oh god I just wish I could be sure she’d not inside my head right now.”

 

“ I don’t believe she powerful enough to reach more than a mile or two or invade you mind without a trace, I could break the bond of course. However she would notice the emptiness where you were linked to her… and that would cause a lot of problems for us,” he looked at Jaejoong before saying, “She’d know I was close.”

 

“You’re not planning to go in there tonight, are you?” Yoona asked. Jaejoong twisted in the front seat to look at her. “No way. I’m not about to act like a brain-damaged vampire hunter in the movies. “We’ll go tomorrow. With the key you provide us with and then break in, she likely to be asleep at that point.”

 

“Besides directing us to the house,” Yunho said. “You must give us a sketch of the interior, especially the location of her sleeping quarters.”

 

“Okay, I can do that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter