Chapter 15

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

beta thanks to aenkr28

Chapter 15

 

They passed rows of housse on the inland side of the road, gnarled cypress trees shaped by the ocean with on the bay side. “There’s the butterfly tree.” Yoona piped up at one curve, pointing to a larger tree that grew on a promontory jutting into the water. “Now I know where we are.” A couple of minutes later, she told Yunho to pull over. “I’m afraid to get any closer.” Yunho turned the car into a parking area across the street from houses. Benches and picnic table were scatter among the pines and cypress. Paths wound over the grass to the gravel - surfaced playground consisting of a swing set and two slides. Other paths led down to the beach. Yunho  found a parking space as far as possible from the single light that illuminated the small lot.

 

“Do you feel Seulgi’s presence at all?” Yunho asked as he open his door.

 

“Not yet,” Yoona answered him, “I guess it’s okay.” Yunho opened her door and ushered her out of the car.

 

“We shoulde be safe, nevertheless, I’d rather we get away from the light.”  Holding onto to Yoona's elbow, he guided her to the water, Jaejoong followed, wondering why Yunho still didn’t trust the girl out of arm’s length, sure she acted nervous, but who wouldn’t? If she’d meant to betray them into a trap, she could have taken them all the way to Seulgi.

 

“Now Yoona tell us the address,” he said in the shadow of the tree near the rocky beach.

 

“I don’t remember the street name, just the house number” she told him.

 

He released her arm, Jaejoong noticed the red glimmer in his eyes, “ Describle the rest of the route.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter