Chapter 19

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beta thanks to aenkr28

 

 

Chapter 19

 

When Jaejoong awoke, his first thought was wondering whether Yunho had used some psychic power on him to make him sleep. He shook his head saying probably not, he decided since he’d been tired enough from… everything. A blush rose on his cheeks as he remembered what they did last night. He raised onto his elbows, and turned to his side, where he looked down at the sleeping Yunho who lay asleep beside him, on his back. Gray half-light seeped through the curtains.  He was sort of relieve Yunho hadn’t sneak out without him… but his thought came back about Yunho saying he was going alone. But Jaejoong found himself not able to think of letting Yunho carry out his plan on his own. Not without him. Jaejoong lightly touched Yunho wrist. He felt cold, with no discernible pulse. He would probably remain dormant for most of the day. He’d claimed he needed that rest of the day to finished healing. Jaejoong realized he’d have plenty of time to visit Seulgi by himself without Yunho.

 

The intention had srung into his mind full grown between sleep and waking. If Yunho killed a member of his own kind, he might be considered an outcast. His plan to set up the, ‘execution,” as self-defence sounded awfully tenuous. In the few seconds when his mind had lain fully open to him. Jaejoong had sensed Yunho’s horror. It only made Jaejoong more determined that he couldn’t let Yunho do it all on his own.

 

Not only that, no matter what Yunho had said, Jaejoong was convinced that the wound would undermine his chance of vanquishing Seulgi. Jaejoong grabbed a fresh pair of clothes and shuffled into the bathroom, where he tried to wake himself by throwing cold water onto his face. He drank several glasses of water, realizing the thirst must be the side effect of Yunho’s feeding. In the mirror, Jaejoong examined the tiny incision on his throat. It looked no more conspicuous than the mark left by donating at the blood bank. The bite on his wrist wasn’t much bigger. The bruises from tumbling on the ground at the park looked worse and ached more. No wonder Jaejoong hadn’t noticed any traces the morning after Yunho had tasted him. His skin tingled at the thought of what they’d shared.

 

Jaejoong impatiently shook off the memory. He had to concentrate on dealing with Seulgi. Yunho had been right all along Jaejoong thought, while he dressed as quietly as possible. He left the bathroom and took his backpack he looked to Yunho to see if there was any movement but there wasn’t. He dumped the content of the bag onto the ground and place inside things he thought he needed to fight of Seulgi if he needed too. The code Yoona had given him as well as his phone, and not forgetting Yoona's gun that he had taken from her… He scooped them into the bag, and stepped into the hall easing the door shut with a click. A minute later he was driving out of the parking lot. Fog shrouded the streets. He shivered in the cool air, he’d wished he brought his jacket along. He sipped from the juice carton he brought at munched on a granola bar. He hoped a little food in his stomach would tame the queasiness feeling he had in his stomach. He thought about it, 'Would he be able to kill Seugli if it came to it… if she force him to protect himself.' Thoughts shuffled over and over in his mind, as he drove the way back to Seulgi's house. Not used to driving in made Jaejoong clamp his hands tightly around the steering wheel. Ghostly shapes of trees and other cars loomed up at ever curve. Then the faint silhouette of the ‘Butterfly tree.' It reassured Jaejoong that he hadn’t made a mistake and gone the wrong way. He past the waterfront park and crept up the side Yoona had pointed out. When he pulled over to park near the dead end-lane where Seulgi house was supposed to be located. Jaejoong paused for a second to reflect on what he was doing. He swung his back pack over his shoulder and supressed the shiver that ran up his spine. He wiped his damp hand onto his jeans and stepped out of the car, he looked up at the house. He really hoped the inhabitant were still asleep.

 

 As described by Yoona, it was a single house stood alone at the end of the lane, the crash of waves drifted to Jaejoong ears. A wrought-iron fence surrounded th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter