Chapter 17

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Beta thanks to aenkr28

very  long chapter....... juicy next chapter

Chapter 17

 

Hurrying to the rental car, Jaejoong found Yunho slumped in the back, his eye closed. His heart hammered. What would he do if held fallen unconscious and he couldn’t wake him up? The moment he opened the door, though, he stirred. He caught the glint of crimson in his half open eyes.

 

“Yunho, look at me!” He crowded into the backseat with him, almost kneeling on his legs. He groan faintly when Jaejoong bunched up his shirt to check the bullet wound. “You won’t die and me, will you?”

 

“Hardly,” he pushed himself from a reclining position into a half-sitting one, wincing in obvious pain. “Then I wouldn’t be able to show you the Globe.” Jaejoong breath caught in his throat.

 

“What are you now, delirious?” he went to the boot of the car and took out a shirt and ripped it before putting a bottle of water over it, he went back to the car and placed the damp cloth over the wound, dabbing it as he wiped off most of the dried blood. After a quick look out the window to make sure nobody was passing nearby, he switched on the overhead bulb to examine the injury. He saw a ragged hole with no sign of fresh bleeding. Patting the patting the area dry he said, “I don’t have anything to cover the wound with, but looking at it I don’t think it need to be covered,” he turned off the overhead light.

 

“Yes,” he whispered. “We heal quickly.” His fingers curled around Jaejoong's wrist, pressuring his hand against his chest. His fingertips caressed the pulse point. He had to brace himself with the other hand to keep from falling onto him. The read gleam in his eyes made his heartbeat shutter with mingle fear and excitement.

 

“Yunho, what are you doing?” Yunho tongue flicked out to his lips. He fixed stare showed no sign that he’d heard him at all. Jaejoong caught himself swaying toward him, he had to focus….. “Stop,” he whispered. Yunho blinked.

 

“I need you, please.” He sounded almost hurt by his rejection. Did he mean to drink his blood? He’d already taken it without his consent. Invaded his dreams. Why did he bother to ask now? Because now alert he had the ability to resist. Because his wound made him stronger than the two. If he’d wanted to drain his life, he could have done many times already, Asking permission showed his good faith. he let out a pent up breath, easing the ache in his chest.

 

“Alright,” Jaejoong braced himself for the onslaught of his hunger.

Leaning forward, he nuzzled Jaejoong throat. Though his skin felt as cold as the mountain stream, the shiver that convulsed him was pleasant. Not chilling. The piercing sting he expected didn’t come. Yunho pulled away his eyes drifting shut and he drew a deep breath. A wave of warmth surged through him, Sparks flashed before his eyes, and for a second Jaejoong head seemed to float. When the faintness subsided, he said, “What was that?”

 

“Forgive me,” he breathed. “I borrowed from you.”

 

“The way you did to Yoona?” he nodded. “It didn’t hurt.” On the contrary, it left him with an echo of tingling pleasure.

 

“No, you’re healthy enough to spare some of your life force. But it’s only temporary. I need blood to completely heal.” Jaejoong stiffened and drew his hand out of his loose grip.

 

“Okay if you have to.“

 

“No you’re more that you can give me… I need animal blood.”

 

“Where do you plan and getting it?”

 

“I think I know a source. You’ll have to drive though.” Jaejoong moved to the front seat, “where?”

 

“Remember the route we followed into town? Go back that way, I’ll give you more details direction later.” Over the past few minutes, fog had begun gathering cautiously pulled out of the lot and crept along under the speed limit. Away from the hotel, driving along a two lane street.

 

“Hmm, thank you for saving my life.”

 

“Pardon?”

 

“When Yoona shot at us. You jumped in front of me… to protect me….. I wanted to thank you for that.”

“Oh, that? It was purely a reflex response in the heat of the moment.” He smiled at Yunho gruff tone. He actually sounded embarrassed. “You’d do that for mortal, right?

 

“Not mortal,” he said, “We are mortal too. We can be killed….”

 

“Oh yeah you see us as lower beings…. People only wordy as pets. It must be easy to dismiss us as unimportant, I guess.” He felt a little ashamed of needing him, Yunho was hurt and after all, he really had saved Jaejoong's life.

 

“Hardly. If it comes to that, you may have saved me too, tackling her was reckless as it was.”

 

“If we saved each other, we’re even.” He sighed, “ About Yoona, are you sure it’s safe to let her run loose?”

 

“I believe so. Her true will is invested in getting free from Seulgi. I only commanded her to do what she wanted herself.” Recalling Yoona conflicted tears, Jaejoong wasn’t so sure escaping represented the girl deepest will. But this was no time to harass Yunho with his doubts.

 

After they’d passed through downtown, they pick up speed, after about half an hour away from the city, they came to a farming area. The fog thinned as the left the coast and finally dissipated altogether. After an extended drive along a poorly lit road, they passed the shadowy silhouette of a barn house, “Here’s a likely place,” Yunho said, he directed Jaejoong to pull onto the shoulder under  a tree. “With the lights off, the car won’t attract much attention from anyone driving past.”

 

“So what’s here?”

 

“Horses, four of them, in this field.” Jaejoong peered through the window, but in the dark he could just about distinguish only a vague shapers that could be animals, trees or tractors for all he could tell. “Right, you have super not visions.”

 

“And I see into the infrared range. Their body heat is obvious to me?” he opened the door to get out. Jaejoong did the same. “You should stay here,” he said.

 

“Wait in the car by myself? No way. Anyhow, I can't stand as your lookout in case somebody wanders by.” Jaejoong hugged himself, surprised by the nip of the air. The temperature had dropped noticeably since the earlier part of the night.

 

Since Yunho didn’t persist with his objection, he followed him to the split of the railed fence. When he bent over to crawl between the trails into the pasture he  had second thoughts about wanting to stay with him. But he made it through with no worse snagging. He stumbled trying to keep up with Yunho in long strides. He stopped and waited for him. “I forgot you can’t see the ground properly,” he took Jaejoong hand in his cool firm grip and lead him along. A couple of minutes walk, brought them to a pond sheltered by a cluster of tree.  “Now we’re not likely to be spotted from the road.” He let go of Jaejoong's hand and stretched. Before he stood still talking to a horse. The four dark forms trotted toward them from the middle of the field. “Good girl, come here?” He murmured. “Yes, you,” two of the horse stop, while the third walked up to Yunho, Jaejoong swallowed with nervousness as the animal bulk. His last close up with a horse, was at a fair… when he was ten. The mare didn’t pay attention to Jaejoong, though Yunho the anima'sl back, and her whickered softly as if he’d known him all his life. When he resumed his hypnotic hum, more quietly now, he hung his head, pressing it close to him. He ran his hand over her neck, apparently feeling for a vein. Jaejoong couldn’t see much of his face other that the red glow at the centre of his eyes.

 

“You’re going to bite into it just like that?” he whisper, “Doesn’t look very clean if you ask me?” Yunho flashed his a smile. Now he eyes were adjusting to the dark, he could see the whiteness of Yunho teeth, as even and human liked as ever.

 

“Do you imagine my ancestor roaming around would carry a bottle of disinfectant. Our saliva contain a mild antiseptic. There’s no danger of infection for either the animal or me?”

 He wrapped his arms around the mare’s neck, with his face hidden from him, Jaejoong couldn’t see him pierce the mare, but he could hear the sound of Yunho drinking from it. He turned away doing what he said as look out. He didn’t know how long he stood there but he was taken out of his thought when he felt a hand on his shoulder, Jaejoong turned to face him, he was sort of glad he couldn’t see any bloodstains on his mouth. In fact he didn’t look any different from the way he normally did. “No fangs?”

 

“Only in the transformed shape I showed you earlier. That not necessary for drawing blood. My teeth are razor sharp and leave a thin incision that will disappear in a day or two.” Jaejoong looked to the mare… she walked away from Yunho as if nothing happen, Yunho eventually took a hold of Jaejoong's hand and led him back to the car.

 

“You may as well keep driving,” he said, “I need to rest.”

 

“You said you’d heal quickly,” he belt himself in and started the engine, with Yunho sitting in the passenger seat beside him, “How quick exactly? How long do we have to put of visit to Seulgi's? When Yoona doesn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter