Chapter 13

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beta thank to aenkr28

reading all you comment made me laugh.... and want to update

Chapter 13

 

“I’m not sure I like this idea,” Jaejoong didn’t know what to make of Yunho's comment.

Did he place to break down his protective shield he had around him, to find his weakness, he wondered for what purpose? After all he had admitted how little his kind valued human life. But what reason did Jaejoong have to believe his claim that he cared for him?

 

“Afraid?” he asked with a smile.

 

The taunt in his voice snapped Jaejoong out of his thoughts, “No way… Do your worst.”

Yunho rose from the chair and stood in front of Jaejoong; he fought the urge to lean away from his looming height. Yunho wrapped his hand around the back of Jaejoong neck and insinuated his finger under his hair line. Jaejoong sighed, feeling his pulse accelerate.

 

Realising what he was up to, he blinked to clear the gathering fog from his vision. Yunho gazed into his eyes. “You don’t actually want to fight me, do you?” He dropped his voice so that she had to strain to hear him. “Listen to me, Focus on my face. Nothing else exists.”

 

Jaejoong swayed toward him. The pressure on his mind, like waves beating on the sand, threatening to wash away his grip on himself. Clinging to his strength he whispered, “No, stay out of my head.” Yunho's fingers traced spiral on the back of Jaejoong's neck. “Yield to me, come into my arms. It’s what you want.”

 

“No, it not!” Jaejoong could barely speak, the waves of heat ripped over his body. This was a very bad idea. He had to lock his muscles to keep himself from flowing into his embrace. Jaejoong wrenched his eye from Yunho’s and stared at his chest. It wasn’t a great improvement, but at least he was no longer in danger of being paralyzed by his stare. “Back off Yunho!”

 

With a bark of laughter he took a step backwards, “Bravo! You did better than I expected.”

 

Jaejoong felt the pressure on his mind recede. He gasped as the weight had been lifted from his lungs, he tried to dredge up the sharp retort. Before he could think of one, there was a knocking sound coming from the door. Yunho tilted his head as if listening. “One person, human, breathing rapidly, probably frightened. It should be safe to answer.” Jaejoong approached the door to a thin girl with a dragon tattoo and pale blue hair standing in the hallway. Jaejoong stare with his mouth open, before he could mustar up the word to speak the girl spoke.

 

“I’m looking for Jung Yunho. Did I go to the wrong room?” Jaejoond stood back when Yunho moved him out of the way. The girl stepped into the room before he spoke her name.

 

“Yoona…” The girl turned to look back at Jaejoong.

 

“Wait I saw you at the airport… You were the one that was chasing me,” Yoona spoke to him.

 

“Yes, why did you run away from me?” Jaejoong asked. She didn’t answer his question but it didn’t stop her staring at him.

 

“You look familiar to me now,” she stared, “Hold it… aren’t you Junsu's cousin or whatever?”

 

“Hmm… he’s my cousin, I’m Kim Jaejoong. You came to my house a couple of times,” Yunho glanced at Jaejoong. 

 

“You saw this person at the airport? And didn’t mention it to me?” Jaejoong squirmed under Yunho cool red glintful eyes,

 

“I-I wasn’t sure it was her…. It didn’t seem worth mentioning.” Jaejoong lied hoping that Yunho would by it.

 

“We’ll discuss this later.” He stood up and moved towards them with long stride that reminded Jaejoong of a panther in the zoo. When Yoona cringed back and cast a glance at the open door, he… leaped? Dashed? Streaked? Jaejoong couldn’t tell, except that he blurred into existence beside them and shut the door. They watched him fasten the bolt on the door, Yoona crossed her arms over her chest and flattened herself against the wall.

 

“Relax young woman. I don’t intend to rip your throat out,” he spoke with a curt tone, which didn’t seem to calm her down.

 

“Come and sit down Yoona,” Jaejoong gently touched Yoona's arm, she jerked as of a bolt of electricity hit her. Jaejoong smiled. “It’ll be all right. Let me get you a drink.” Jaejoong offer as he guided her over to a chair, before going over to the mini fridge and took out a bottle of water and handed it to her. Yoona opened the bottle and took a few sips before either Yunho or Jaejoong spoke.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked, “Did you bring a message from Seugli?”

 

“Yes, Well no— not exactly.”

 

“Well which is it then?” said Yunho leaning on the dresser, Yoona darted a nervous glance at Jaejoong.

 

“I wasn’t expecting you to be here with Mr Jung.” Jaejoong sat at the edge of the bed, trying to look unthreatening.

 

“That’s okay, you can say anything to both of us. I know the truth about Yunho and Seugli.” Jaejoong was hesitant as he spoke. Yoona gave Yunho a quick look, then stared down at the carpet.

 

“You know they’re… not like us?”

 

“Not human.” Jaejoong drew a deep breath to tame the shaking in his voice. He  hadn’t begun to get used to the idea yet. “Vampire.”

 

Yoona looked unsurprised by the word Vampires, “Seugli sent me after Mr Jung…” she looked at Jaejoong, “She doesn’t know you’d be with him.” Good Jaejoong thought. Their plan of having him as a distraction to Suegli could work.

 

“You said she didn’t exactly send you with a message. What does that mean?” Yoona gulped some of the water down .

 

“She ordered me to lure Mr Jung into a trap, But I-I w-want to get away from here. I came here to ask him to protect me and help me escape.”

“You expect us to believe that you’ve run away from Seugli? After months of grovelling to her and feeding her with your blood?” Yoona answered with a nod.

 

“Why should I accept what you’re telling us? Doubtless this appeal for help is part of the trap.”

 

“No I swear.” Her eyes squeezed shut for a second. “I can’t stand it anymore, the way she drains my life. It was fun when there were lots of us, you know, so she drank from everybody. Now I’m the only one, it’s awful.” The girl shivered, “She keeps bags of pigs blood in the freezer. But she still wants to taste me almost everynight, And I can’t go anywhere. This is the only the second time she’s let me out. She sent me out shopping for food once, but after that she kept me in the house.”

 

“Why can’t you just sneak away while she sleeping?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“We’re, you know bonded. She made me drink from her, like the way Top did before she left him. She says she’d feel it if I tried to spilt, even in the daytime. I don’t know if it was true, but I didn’t want to take the chance.”

 

“Why doesn’t she know what you’re doing right now?”

 

“Too far at least I think so. After I got about two miles away, I couldn’t feel her anymore.” Turning his glittering eye upon her, “True, you’re out of her range. She would sense your death or someone else breaking of the bond. But she isn’t old enough to have power to spy on your thoughts or emotions from this distance. If the bond were longer established and deeper, the range would be greater. In this situation however, you’re safe for a moment.”

 

“That's what I thought. So I figured, like you’re stronger than she is. You can protect me.” Her voice sounded choked with tears. “Come on guys, I’m being straight with you. In the same fluid motion as before,” Yunho blurred

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter