Chapter 12

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beta thank to Aenkr28

I hope this is okay... i'm not really sure about it yet.....

Chapter 12

 

 

“Wait a minute, you have a law against killing your kind, but she tried to kill them… one of her own kind… Do you have laws about killing human?”

 

 “Maybe, but she didn’t do it in person, and we do have a rule about human but I wouldn’t call it a law. We can slaughter human victims openly, in a way that would draw attention to our kind…”

 

“But she…”

 

“Look, Seugli didn’t commit any indiscretion, that young stupid fellow did it all for her.”

 

“INDISCRETION!”  A rush of anger set the pulse pounding in Jaejoong’s temple. “Is that all human life means to your kind?”

 

“Not to me,” he strode over to him and clasped his hand, his feeble attempt to break free brought no reaction. “Please, I sense emotions, remember… Seeing you this angry hurts me.”

 

“Good! You deserve it, if that’s the way you think of my cousin getting shot.”

 

“Look, I didn’t mean to make you upset, it’s just the elder would see it, can’t you give me a little credit?” he stared at Jaejoong’s frowning face.

 

“But what about Yoochun? Can’t you bring Seugli to trail for him?” Yunho’s eyes gaze down into Jaejoong’s eyes. “I wish I could,” he tilted Jaejoong face up, “Do you visualize hauling her in front of some secret tribunal to answer for her crime?”

 

“I guess that’s what I imagined.” His thumb’s traced circles on Jaejoong palms, did he think he could derail his indignation that way? To Jaejoong's embarrassment, the waves of warmth creeping up his arms, hinting that his distraction might work.

 

“We don’t have to structure of law and government. You have those social entities because you’re a gregarious species, while we are solitary predators.”

“You have rules though. You said so.”

 

“We formed a Council of Elders only a few centuries ago, the elders do very little ruling apart from punishing those who turn renegade and kill our kind, the council main function is to prevent your species from noticing the existence of ours.”

 

“H-How would they punish Seugli then?” he needed to ask.

 

“If she had destroyed my brother by her own hands she would been sentenced to death. Any of us who found her could execute her,” He released Jaejoong and turned to the window, “Since her groupies committed the crime, I'm not free to kill her unprovoked. Revenge isn’t worth being outlawed and condemned  to death myself.”

 

“So you have to set it up to look like self-defence.”

 

“ That’s what I planned…” Jaejoong stared at his back that was facing him.

 

“You’re not worried about getting arrested for murder? By m-my k-kind, like the police,” Yunho laughed at the mere thought.

 

“Seugli didn’t have any trouble getting your police to leave her alone. Did she?” he asked, “ But I won’t let the problem arise to begin with.” Jaejoong tried to understand so many things that Yunho was saying… he had to back up to the conversation that they were having… was it really okay to plan murder? To him it wasn’t right… he couldn’t think.

 

“How will you make it look like self-defrence?”

 

“Well I can granite, it won’t be hard to do. She’s already clearly unstable, and no wonder she was after all born in the 18th century, a dangerous time for us all.”

 

“What do you mean?” he turned to Jaejoong, he leaned against the window, arms folded, watching Jaejoong. Observing his reaction to his words.

“Many parts of the world still had thriving vampire folklore then. Not only peasants but representatives of the church destroyed the people whenever possible. People began to assume we were the walking dead…

 

 Jaejoong thought about it before he said, “I’m not surprised people believed in the undead. When you’re sleeping,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter