Chapter 20

Light Embracing the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beta thanks to aenkr28

Chapter 20

 

After the door closed, Jaejoong could make out the sound of the click of the lock. He figured Seulgi had lock him up to keep himself from escaping. He wonder if she would let him out if he asked to go to the bathroom but then he notice a side door lead off into a crap confined bathroom, that consider of a cramped shower stall, and toilet no window insight… The other closet was full of clothes that he assume were Yoona's from the style. His heart pounded as he shuffled through the closet, looking for anything that would help him to escaped…. But he found nothing. He approached to the window and peaked the outside world, he tried desperately to open it… but he was sure Seulgi wouldn’t have given him a room he could escape from. He knew if he broke the window she would probably have come back… probably even kill him, he felt so stupid of coming here alone was a good idea… He looked down at his wrist feeling a slight sting coming from his arm as he collapsed on to the unmade bed. He felt light head, and for some reason very thirsty. Bruise showed one his arms where Seulgi had grabbed him. On the inside of his arm just near his elbow, he found the ragged bite… it was still oozing….. Jaejoong buried his face into his arms. How could he have hoped to cover come Seulgi single handed? He’d had no real concept of a vampire’s strength. Please, someone help me get out of this!

 

Raking his hair back off his forehead, he reflected that he didn’t deserve to have his plead answered. Not only had he acted like an idiot, barging into a predator’s lair, he had also been prepared to commit murder… His earlier arguments against killing Seulgi outright still made sense and he must have gone what he thought was temporarily insane to think otherwise.

 

 Yunho was right, even if he had a twisted way of getting to the conclusion. If Seulgi makes us kill her in self-defence, that’s one thing. But shooting her while she slept, the way she had Yoochun and J-Junsu.

 

A shudder racked Jaejoong, as his stomach lunged. He rushed to the bathroom to wash the bitter taste from his mouth, moving on to wash the unpleasant wound… He remembered the moment of Seulgi attack. For just a few seconds he had felt Yunho inside his head, sharing his fear and pain. Or had he?

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes and reached for Yunho. He encountered sheer blankness and silence, with no hint of the immersion in his thoughts he had experienced when he had made love with Yunho. He figures he must have imagined Yunho presence in his head.

 

A few minutes later, he stood back at the window and watched the sunlight… He turned when he hear footstep approach the room. The blot of the door clicked before Seulgi opened the door. Seulgi hair hung to her waist in a single braid. It looked damp at the edges as if she had taken a shower. She closed the door behind her and leaned against the door surveying Jaejoong with a thin smile.

 Jaejoong didn’t have to fake the quiver in his voice… it came out so naturally, “Are you going to kill me?”

 

“I didn’t say I would, apart from that I just could.” She laughed.

 

“Y-Yunho told me you have rules against killing people.”

 

“If he said that, he fudged the truth to keep you quiet. We have a rules against killing comspicuously, leaving evidence that might make my kind known….”

 

“Yeah? Then why did you attack Yoochun and Junsu?” He clenched his fist. Half expecting Seulgi to fly at him in rage. Instead, the woman just arched his eyebrows in apparent curiosity.

 

“Junsu? What’s he to you?”

 

“My cousin… The one you tried to murder… Yunho's brother too is one of your own people.”

 

Seulgi folded her arms, “I believe your mistake I never touch a single head on their head….. but one of my young friends killed them….”

 

“There not dead! Tell me where Junsu is and I’ll never bother you again,” she couldn’t help but laugh….

 

“What make you so sure… they aren’t …… they deserve to die…….”

 

“No they didn’t…. they're not die….” He raised his hand over his heart, “I just know it!”

 

“They had to be punished.”

 

“Punished, why?

 

 

“For trespassing… and stealing one of my donors, that violates out custom.”

 

“Junsu wasn’t a thing to be owned, he is a human being, he is alive, have his own free will. And he wanted to escaped from you… Yoochun helped him…. something I couldn’t do… something I regret so much. But he loved Yoochun and Yoochun... Junsu.”

 

“Love…. Yeah what you stupid people call love…” she laughed. “Yoochun just seduced Junsu just like the way I did… there was no love just someone stealing what’s mine……..”

 

“Your wrong… I don’t believe that. Yoochun wasn’t like that. He wouldn’t have risked his own life to safe Junsu if he hadn’t loved him.” Jaejoong felt a loom in his chest, recalling Yunho’s mention of the same dependency. Could vampires love at all? “I met Yoochun a few times. He wasn’t like you. He didn’t collect human victims like - like you.” Suelgi shook her head in mock pity. “You romantic dreamer! Yoochun hovered around the edge of my group to pick up my left overs. I didn’t mind sharing, the followers didn’t mind either. They came to my home to immerse themselves in the glamour of a vampires lifestyle. I couldn’t drink from all of them every time. Yoochun was welcome to feed on the ones I wasn’t using at that moment in time.” Jaejoong couldn’t imagine his own kind, human just like himself and Junsu. To want to be used as just a food course…

 

“They didn’t know you were a real vampire, did they?”

 

“Of course not… How stupid do you think I am? Most of them would have run screaming into the night if they hadn’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter