"Stuck"

Moving On From The Past

 

I slowly went out to the dinning area as I sniffed the aroma of the delicious food in the table.
 "I cooked some frogs." she placed the dish in the table, looking so yummy as I sitted down.
 "Really? How'd you got them?" I questioned while she was giving me a big smile.
 "I just got them earlier. Your Aunt Nita send them for us, straight from Pampanga."
 You heard her right. These things we're going to eat are FROGS. It is a delicacy in Pampanga, Philippines since Pampanga has a lot of rice fields where frogs are usually found at. Fried frogs has a close taste to fried chicken. It may be small for food, but I promise you, It's Great!
 "How was your day honey?
 Have you gain friends today?" she asked as she removed her apron and sat down as well.
 "No." I replied, picking up the rice and placing enough amount on my plate.
 "Honey. Don't you think you should gain some, since you're already in high school.
 I mean, before, Aunt Nita told me you we're the Miss Congeniality on every class. Almost all people know you as a positive and friendly person. But now, look at you.
 Hai. I still thank God you have Aiia." Hearing the name, I stopped eating and faced her.
 "What?" she asked me, confused.
 *If you only knew her true color.*
 "Nothing." I continued to eat my food.
 Even if I got together with Aiia, that doesn't mean I LIKE her very much. As I'm observing, I always notice her being a plastic like Jeni do. But still, I don't argue with her about it and would just have space away a bit from the two.
 "Hai. I've enrolled you in IS Academy because you said you'll find friends in it. But you don't.
 You knew I, partly, didn't want you to enroll there because there're just small amount of people in there to socialize." she sighed, took a frog and bite it frustratedly.
 "Tita. I'm fine at school. What can I do if they don't like me. And besides, I'm doing Tita Joan a favor."
 At home is were I mostly speak up myself. It's just that, it bothers me being heard by other people when I talk to a person.
 "Yeah. By the way, how's your Tita?" she placed both elbows at the table.
 "As usual, she's busy taking care of the school." I boredly answered.
 Tita Joan is my Auntie's bestfriend. She's also the principal of IS Academy. When my mom and dad died from an accident, I decided to go back here in Korea with mom's sister, Tita Bree. And since I have to continue my schooling, Tita Joan persuaded me to go to her school, when she visited me and my Auntie at home. I'm kinda close to her too since she and Auntie have the same interests and attitudes.
 "Oh I see. I hope we can meet again soon.
 We hadn't meet for such a long time." she said as she nodded.
 "uhm. She said she wanted to meet you too." I remembered.
 " Talaga'(really)?! Kailan (when)?!"
 "The other day."
 "Woah. Should we invite her here tomorrow?"
 "Yeah sure. If she's not busy.
 I'm done." I putted my utensils down.
 "Okay. ah, Don't you want sapin-sapin (Philippine rice cakes made from glutenous rice.) for dessert?"
 "Neah. Maybe later." I answered as I walk upstairs.
 "Okay. Take a bath before you sleep!" she yeld. I just made a loud mmhumm sound as a yes.
 
 Tita Bree is like a big sister for me. Well basically because she's just 28yrs.old. I can always talk to her about any kind of matter since she's an open-minded person. However, more often than not, I rather keep issues to my self. Just like about Aiia. She didn't know that behind her harmless voice and features, she has a bad attitude towards other. What confuses me is why is she not efforting to groom herself if she wants to have a guy, or most likely, to beat me? She has all the money she needs. She's even richer than I am. Oh well, personally, I don't want competition since I don't need it. I just want a life of my own. Never would I entertain hatreds for me 'cause it's just a waste of time explaining yourself to people who're close-minded of liking you. But since she befriend me, I'm just giving her back the gratitude. This isn't a big deal for me since I still enjoy her company and it feels good to have even just one friend.
 Tita Bree stayed here in Korea for good. But since our family are back at Philippines, we're planning to go back there for vacation.
 I was born in Korea and stayed here till I was 7 and got to go to Philippines after to continue studying there. My parents we're just having a vacation in the Philippines to visit me when they died. The incident was unexpected. What's more hurtful was that, it was my birthday when it happened, my 18th birthday. That was supposed to be my happiest day, but it turned out to be the tragic one. And so, right after their burial on a summer vacation, I moved at Tita Bree's place. She tried her best to make me feel well and it somewhat made me feel better with her by my side. Thanks to her, I never felt being alone, practically, in our house only. I still feel alone at school even when Aiia's with me. If only I still have that boy friend of mine when I was still young. Bet we'll be the greatest best friends ever. But since I studied at Philippines from primary till my sophomore year, I never saw him again. Still, never would I forget his puffy cheeks and cute front teeth. Hai. If only I can turn back time.
 
 I entered my room. A slightly big room for one person. It is painted with different lively colors such as pink, blue, violet, yellow and green. It was Tita Bree's idea 'cause she said it might help cheer me up. I have a pink canopy on my queen sized bed. There's a violet furry table set beside it and a couch before the veranda. I have a big sound system around my room since I love listening to music and make it so loud. Even so, Tita Bree wouldn't complain about it. In other words, she spoils me. She always gives me what I want, when I want. My dresser is full of different sort of clothes bought by my Tita. Even shoes are numerous. I can say we're a bit rich since Tita Bree works hard at a famous company while I inherited a large amount of money from both my parents since I'm the only child.
 
 I slump back on my bed and closed my eyes, when I felt a soft thing beside my head. I touched it with my left hand, it landed on its tummy and a voice said, "Babe, I Love You."
 I opened my eyes at the voice. When I look up, there I saw Mr.Tough. A teddy bear given by my ex boyfriend. I pushed its belly once again.
 "Babe, I Love You."
 "Why am I still stuck to you." I hugged it tightly on my chest as tears were starting to fall from my eyes.
 What I didn't know, Tita Bree was watching from outside my door.
 "I should do something for her." she muttered, closed the door and left my room.