"Gaining Friends"

Moving On From The Past

 

Chanyeol was nibbling with his fingers and wouldn't meet eyes with Hara. Particularly with two reasons; he still feel the guilt for blaming her even if he hadn't heard her side yet, and the fact that Xiumin was her 'oppa', her oppa that he knew could change the closeness they had before this incident happened.
 "Hyung. It's your turn now." Kai whispered and elbowed him in the side.
 "Oh. I think that's all.
 But I thought you're 7 SM guys?
 I can't see the other one." Hara put her hand above her eye, 'in search'.
 Chanyeol's shoulder slummped and said, "You're still mad at me, right?"
 Hara stopped searching then clutched her stomach and laugh.
 "Hahaha! You're so funny Chanyeol.
 Don't take all my words too seriously." everyone laughed along except for Chanyeol. His eyes widened with what she said. He remembered she already told him that once.
 *She's still the Hara that I knew for a week.*
 "So you're not mad at me?" he asked for assurance.
 "Hyung? Isn't it obvious?" Tao chuckled.
 "Hmm. I don't know." Hara smirked his way while Chanyeol shook his head as he gained back his smile.
 "It feels good right?" Xiumin whispered on Hara's ear.
 "huh?" she asked.
 "Gaining friends." Xiumin nudged at the laughing guys in front of them. She glance at them and a smile lit up her face.
 "Yeah. Thanks oppa." she bumped herself at him.
 "You should take a rest now.
 It's midnight already." Kris stood and push his chair back.
 "Go ahead oppa.
 You need to take your rest." Hara patted Xiumin's shoulder. The others stood as well and were about to go their room too since they were tired theirselves. Xiumin stood from his seat and looked back at Hara,
 "How 'bout you?
 Aren't you going to bed now?
 You need to take a rest too." he hugged him from being stood and rested his head on hers.
 "I'm not sleepy yet oppa.
 Go ahead. I'll be fine." she looked up from him and patted his arm around her.
 Chanyeol unknowingly gripped his hand seeing this sight.
 *Why do I feel like this way.* he asked himself in his heart.
 "Go to bed when you get tired. Arraso?" he removed his arms from her and lifted her chin up to face him.
 "Okay." she smiled at him with a nod.
 "You two are very close, huh?" Suho observed.
 "You don't have any idea how close these two are." Mira shook her head and smiled at the two.
 "Go to bed now, new friends." Hara winked at them.
 "Good night our new friend." they turned back at her.
 "Hara. I'll stay up with you." Mira wanted to make sure she'll never get out her sight. She didn't want to lose her again. But she failed to convince her because she yawned after.
 "It's okay Mira.
 Go sleep now too."
 "Yeah. You hadn't rested since Hara left." Baekhyun was worried for her too.
 "But. But.
 Promise you wouldn't sneak out again?
 You wouldn't leave me again here?" she took both her hands.
 "She wouldn't.
 I'm here so you can assure that." Xiumin raised a thumbs up.
 "Araso. Good night Hara." she hugged her before she headed to their room.
 "I'll go sleep too." Xiumin informed then planted a kiss on her forehead.
 "Have a good sleep oppa." Xiumin lowed down his head as Hara kissed his cheek.
 Chanyeol removed his stare from them and looked at the opposite direction.
 Everyone got back their rooms, leaving Hara and Chanyeol alone in the kitchen.
 "Aren't you tired yet Chanyeol?" Hara asked. Her sudden call drove his heart crazy. Last time he heard her call, there were tears on her eyes. But looking at her now, she was brightly smiling.
 "N-not yet.
 You should be the one to take rest." he answered.
 "You still look awkward around me." she frankly spoke.
 Chanyeol looked at her this time but his eyes kept switching to other direction.
 "Are you still thinking about earlier?" Hara spoke while fixing the bandage properly around her neck.
 "I'm sorry if I disappointed you." he bowed low again.
 "Mwo? Ah. That." This time, it was Hara's heart raising uncontrollably.
 *Why did I ever say that?! Dang it!* she cursed in her head.
 "I saw you cried." Chanyeol gazed back upwards.
 "M-me?! Cry?
 I think that wasn't me.
 Why would I cry?" she awkwardly laughed. Chanyeol stood up and sitted at the space right beside her. He gazed deeply in her eyes.
 "Can I see your arm?" he held his hand.
 "Here. You see. It's bandaged. Hehe." she sheepishly moved her right arm a bit.
 "No. The other one." he took her left arm and saw her 'ieked' (flinched) at the touch. He folded her jacket's sleeve and a scratch was revealed. Hara hurriedly pulled back her arm and said,
 "Ah. I got it earlier.
 A cat accidentally scratched it when I was on the street." she lied and shook her arm just so her sleeve could fall back.
 *I should've trusted you before.
 Now it got worst.
 Worst that you even injured your other arm.* Chanyeol teary-eyed gazed at her preventing eyes.