"Innocent"

Moving On From The Past

 

"Why is she sleeping outside?
 She looks cold." Chanyeol panicked.
 "What should I do?
 Hey. Why is the door locked if she's outside?" he noticed. He knew no one would lock herself with this kind of weather.
 He finally bent his knees down, unlocked the door and slowly pull it open. Hara came falling. Luckily, Chanyeol catched her by instinct. She fell directly on his broad chest with DomokYeol in her arms, making Chanyeol fall on his . He was stunned. His eyes widened by the touch. Hara's head was going to fall sidewards but he easily took it and rested it back to a comfortable position.
 *W-what should I do? ...
 She's cold.* he noticed as he felt her cheeks.
 *I should wake her up.* lightly, he tapped Hara's shoulders.
 "Hara. Hara wake up.
 Wake up."
 *Wait. Waking her up in this position ...
 She might kill me!* but it's too late.
 Slowly, Hara's eyes peeked open. Her nature when she just woke up from sleep, she's like a 5 year-old who doesn't know anything.
 "hmm." she looked around and finally stopped at Chanyeol's reddened face.
 *She looks innocent.* a smile came onto Chanyeol's face.
 Hara indian-sitted at the cold floor while still hugging DomokYeol. She blink at Chanyeol a couple of times. That made his heart do ba-bumps. He felt his blood stopped circulating as he hadn't breath for a moment.
 *Can't ... breath* He finally managed to inhale oxygen.
 "Stand up. The floor is cold." Chanyeol stood by himself and offered a hand after.
 Hara stared at it for a while. *Wouldn't she take my hand?* he worriedly thought but in the end, his face blushed even more when he felt Hara's hand slid on his.
 When Hara stood up, she went directly at the couch and balled herself in a sitting position. While Chanyeol closed and locked the door to prevent the cold breeze to come in.
 "Wait for me here." he held up a hand and went straight at the kitchen.
 Hara tilted her head then snugled the toy. She really feel cold since she'd been outside for more than an hour. >achoo<. She started sneezing.
 Chanyeol came back with a mug of hot choco. "Here. Drink this.
 It'll help you to get warm." he held the mug at her.
 Hara slowly blinked her eyes ones and tilted her head. And once again, Chanyeol's heart fast beated. He looked at the ceiling to hide his blushing face and pushed the mug near her more.
 "Thank you." she talked like a cute little kid and bowed at him. Hara wasn't intending to be cute to flirt him or what. It's just her natural self when she is waken up from her sleep.
 *Kitten.* Chanyeol thought of an animal that could resemble her and he thought of a Kitten because of her cute just-waken-up look.
 She encircled the mug with her two hands and they started to warm up. After, she gulped it down and it made a smile come to her face. "It tastes good." she appreciatively complimented.
 When Hara was regaining her natural self, Chanyeol had finally able to talk to her.
 "Why were you sleeping outside?"
 "I can't sleep."
 "You mean you can't sleep here, inside?"
 Hara shook her head and answered, "Aniyo. I can't sleep earlier so I decided to come out and get some fresh air.
 When I was about to get back in, I was locked."
 "You .. didn't locked yourself, did you?"
 *Idiot.* Hara thought and gave him a look.
 "Of course not." he answered his own question.
 "So you fell asleep because it was cold?
 You should've just called for help."
 *I did you dumb. You think I would want to freeze myself outside to death?* she thought again.
 "Neah. I fall sleep because of him." she raised Domo.
 "Really?"
 *Why does he look so happy? Dumb head.* Hara eyed him for a sec.
 "Why are you still awake?" Hara finished the last drop of her drink and placed it in the table. Chanyeol was sitted next to her at the sofa.
 "ah. Ah. Haha.
 I just woke to drink water.
 No other reasons.
 Really." he awkwardly laughed and rubbed the back of his head.
 "Why are you so defensive?
 I wasn't saying anything." Hara said then yawned.
 "You should sleep now.
 You're too tired."
 "uh uhm." she slid her body at the sofa. Chanyeol was about to leave to wash her mug when he saw her planning to sleep at the sofa again.
 "oh no miss.
 You're not going to sleep here again.
 You might catch a fever." Chanyeol crossed his arms and tapped his feet at the floor.
 "But I'm too tired to walk." she covered her head by her Domo.
 "Then I'll carry you." Chanyeol pulled mouth-opened Domo off her.
 "No. Only my oppa could carry me." she took Domo back and cover her face again.
 "But Kris hyung already carried you this morning, remember?" he reminded with an evil grin.
 Hara automatically looked up at him, "He did it without my permission." she threw a tantrum.
 *Hai. This kid.* Chanyeol shook his head at her.
 "So I should just let you sleep there?" he questioned.
 "Yes."
 "And don't disturb you anymore?"
 "Yes."
 "And carry you back to your room when you fall asleep?"
 "Yes."
 *Gotcha there.*
 "Like how Kris hyung carried you earlier?"
 "Yes.
 W-wait.
 What were the last two?"
 "Ha. Fine. I'll carry you back your room when you're already sleeping." Chanyeol turned with a giggle.
 "hey!
 Aish. Can't you just let me sleep here?
 My legs are weak from being cold, you know." she frown with a pout while poking her legs.
 "That's why I'm offering my back, miss.
 I wouldn't let you sleep without any decision." Chanyeol turn around again and pointed at his back.
 "aaah! You're so stubborn!"
 Chanyeol chuckled as he made his way below her and bent down.
 Hara slowly hopped on his back with her arms around his neck. Chanyeol pulled her up a little more while he handle her legs.
 "I told you I'm heavy.
 I'm an elephant, okay." Hara pouted behind him.
 *Actually, she's not.
 Not as heavy as an elephant.
 I don't really need big muscles just to carry her.* he secretively smiled.
 He headed at the girl's bedroom. Slowly, he placed Hara on her bed.
 "There. Goodnight." Chanyeol waved a hand and took the knob to leave, when, "Hey. Thank you C-chanyeol." Hara bowed then lay back fast with DomokYeol covering her face.
 Chanyeol freezed right there and then. It was the first time she'd call him by his name in their conversation.
 *Why does she makes my heart, beat insanely?* he hold onto his chest. And with a smile, he left the girls' bedroom.