"Are You Scared?"

Moving On From The Past

 

 The next day, as said before, when Hara saw Yejun again, she asked if he could take them in the cave later tonight. He agreed to it so before the night came, the whole recreational group settled the things they'll bring inside. Specifically, flashlights.
 Yejun introduced himself to the gang, once again, Aiia's eyes twinkled at a new ulzzang looking in front of her.
 At exactly 10pm, they started entering the cave together. YeJun was telling them the ghost tale as they pass by the stalagmites and stalactites formation inside.
 "... That was how the tale was. They said the ghost of Diana is still haunting this cave. But I can say her curse affects positively since they said if you got lost inside and saw one of your fellow outside, you'll be together forever.
 Just like the last group who came here. I think they were about 13 people. Everyone got lost but there were two who found each other first and now they're together, happily married." he stated while flashing the light on their way.
 "B-but what happened with the others? I mean their friends. The ones with them when they entered the cave." Tao nervously asked with a gulp of a lump.
 YeJun stopped, faced them with the flashlight flashing his face then said, "They were never ever seen again." he frightened.
 Everyone grew scared that made the girls even squealled and clung to the boys evenmore(as usual, except Hara).
 "Stop fooling around and just continue." Hara hit his head with her flashlight then continued walking.
 "You guys looks so funny.
 But the truth is, after the two met and opened each other's feelings, their friends found them one by one coming out of nowhere." he pointed ramdom places in the cave.
 "So what is her point for haunting here?" Baekhyun curiously asked.
 "Well, her aim maybe is to let people reveal what their hearts really screams.
 Did you know that the only way to get out this cave, if you unluckily recieve her curse when you went inside here, is for the two young hearts to feel each other beating for the other. Meaning, if the two confess their real feelings towards each other, that is the only way their group can come out.
 You can't really say it is a curse since it gives a positive outcome. Diana helps two denial hearts to boldly confess theirselves." YeJun continued while they walk.
 "Then. Diana is not a bad ghost after all.
 I wish she had the chance to be with the person she loved.
 She's not like any other ghost. 'Cause normally, dead people who experienced such tragic death with love being involve, would make the living people worse than they had when they were still alive." Suho observed. Everyone threw their eyes at him, hearing him say such comment.
 "Yeah. You can say that." Kai agreed.
 A while later, as they go further, the wind blew colder. They were babbling to theirselves to lessen their frights. But, "... right Baekhyun hyung?" Tao was telling Aiia some stories then turned to his hyung. But when he did, he was not there.
 "Baekhyun hyung? Hyung?! Anybody seen Baekhyun hyung?!" Tao started to panic as he went around looking.
 "It's starting. One by one their friends disappears. Until one was left in the track. She screamed and screamed yet no one hears her. Until ... one of her fellow found her. Bla bla bla.
 C'mon guys. Surely he's playing a trick." Kai rolled his eyes. Others smirked while others kept a worried face.
 But, if he thought this was a joke, he got it all wrong. As what Yejun told before, one by one they disappeared. The one left was Hara. She was playing music with her iPad and didn't noticed her co-RS's have already disappeared. When she turned back to ask Yejun about the cave, she didn't saw anyone; not even one.
 "Mwo? Where did they all go?
 Yah! Come out will ya'll.
 I won't buy your prank you know.
 Just hurry up so we can go home already.
 Hurry up I said!
 It's not funny!" she rolled her eyes and continued to walk. She eventually stopped when she noticed that no one was following her this time. Slowly, she search around for them where ever her feet takes her. She started worrying when it was almost an hour when she started and yet couldn't find even one of the RS's.
 "Xiumin oppa?! Suho?! Dona?! Mira?! Baekhyun?! Tao?! Kai?! Kris?! Yejun-ah!
 Where are you guys?!
 C-chanyeol." she fell on the ground. It was now again when she was left by herself. And she's not enjoying it this time. Since she'd been used to have people with her, it felt different now that she's alone in a haunted cave.
 She hugged her knees and buried her face in them while tears are falling from her eyes.
 "Chanyeol. Chanyeol." she whisper-called him.
 A few minutes later, she heard foot steps coming her way.
 "Who's there?
 I said who's there?!" she shouted.
 "Me."
 "HELP! A MONSTER!
 AAAAHHH!" Hara cried out after she heard the tall guy talked.
 "Hara. Hara! Don't worry it's just me, Chanyeol." he stepped nearer and flash her his light.
 "Yah! Aish!
 You know, I don't know if I have to be more scared with the ghost in here or with your deep voice." she made a face and crossed her arms.
 "Are you really scared? Haha. Mianhaeyeo. Are you okay?
 Have you seen the others?" he sitted beside her and asked.
 "I'm okay. But I haven't seen them since earlier. Didn't you know how you disappeared? I just saw earlier that I don't have anyone following me behind."
 "I have no idea. Just that I felt dizzy earlier and then the last thing I know, I woke up without anyone beside me.
 Ahh. I really got worried about you."
 "Why would you be worried about me? I'm a strong person you see."
 "Yeah. That's why you were calling for help when a monster came."
 "Y-yah! I was just fooling around. I knew it was you so I just played a prank."
 "Really?" he raised a brow and made an accusing look.
 "Tsss. I'm releaved now that I have company." she shook her head and laughed a bit.
 "Did you got scared since you've been by yourself before I came?"
 "Yeah. Kinda."
 "Mianhae if I didn't come earlier before.
 I shouldn't have made you grew scared." he took her into his embrace tightly and sincerely.
 "Chanyeol." Hara's eyes grew wide by the sudden act and softened at his touch. She was weakened by his embrace and became comforted at the same time.
 "Now that I have you here, there's nothing for me to be afraid of. Right?"
 "Ye." .They keep still for a while and after, they broke apart.
 "uhm. You know, about last night..."
 "Chanyeol. Let's ... not talk about it, can we?" Hara cutted in.
 "No matter how you want to prevent this topic from coming up, there'll be a time that we really have to talk about it. So why not do it know." he found the courage to spill out those words.
 *Chanyeol. I've never seen this side of you. Maybe you really mean the words you say this time.* Hara looked at him and sighed.
 "Arraso. Then, you go first."
 He breathe in deeply and exhaled heavily then proceeded.
 "I came to the house and agreed to join the recreation since I wanted to know myself more and have bonding with my chingus. The first day, I thought we'd have a decent introduction towards the opposite party but then your fight with Kai came up.
 Since that day, that particular moment when I saw your strength, I knew something in you was special.
 You were the first person to mention my voice in front of me. The first person who made my heart go crazy and calm at the same time. There is a different feeling when I'm with you. I am being more than happy to see you smile. Don't you know your smiles are precious to me? Yes they really are specially if I was the one to make you smile.
 And that one day which was the one to break my heart so much, was when I didn't believe you weren't the one who started a fight with Jeni. I knew you were hurt that day. And seeing you with your arm bandaged and with another man, tore my heart into pieces.
 Every night that we're together, I'm being so much happy. It's the only time that we can be together, just the two of us.
 Hara. I'm telling you this because I lo-"
 "Stop it." Hara cutted in with her head low and tears welling in her eyes.
 "Hara I love-"
 "I SAID STOP IT! I don't wanna hear you." she covered her ears with her hands while tears starts to fall from her eyes.
 "I LOVE YOU!" he shouted for her to hear.
 "You can't! Because I-I don't love you!" she cried. Chanyeol who stood earlier when he said I love you, fell to his knees while feeling his heart struggled to pump blood. This time, he was in tears too.
 "Did you hear me?! I don't love you! I can't, I can't possibly love another man again-" her sentence was cutted by Chanyeol's sudden hug.
 "Are you scared?" he asked.
 "Mwo?"
 "Tell me. Are you scared?"
 "Yes! You happy now? Yes I'm scared! I'm scared because I might lose you. I'm scared because what happened with my past relation may happen again. And I'm scared,.. I'm scared because I'm not yet sure of what I'm feeling now." hearing her words made him hug her even more tightly.
 "Knowing you have this feeling made me releaved. Now, can you tell straight to my face that you don't love me?" he broke the hug and cupped her face to make her face him.
 "I ... don't ... love-" she was whispering those words so he cutted in. He could feel that she's not telling the truth.
 "Are you sure?" .Then, the conversation ended when his lips touched hers. She can't lie about saying she doesn't like him back, specially that she was depending the kiss. There was something inside of her that tells her she was doing the right thing. To see that she was smiling in between the kiss.
 There bodies are so close to each other that made them hear both heartbeats beating as one.