"Sweet Like Couples"

Moving On From The Past

 

At the market,
 The three were given allowance to buy all their needs. They easily got and pick up the things on Baekhyun's list. Aiia kept on flirting the two, acting cute and innocent as ever. She's trying to catch Chanyeol's attention whose mind was on Hara. Her act was success as he was now interacting with her but kept distant from Xiumin.
 "Is this all?" Chanyeol checked up the list while pushing his cart.
 "Yeah. Uhm. We still have some money left. Let's grab some snacks." she took the list then skidded to an aisle of snacks.
 "What would you get hyung?" Chanyeol tried to start a conversation.
 "hmm. Oh. There." Xiumin pointed to the frozen treats ahead of them. They both walk to it then opened the big ref.
 "You really like ice coolers eh hyung?"
 "Yeah. But this isn't just for me.
 Hara loves this more than I do." he was smiling while picking up two Pangtoa, choco chiffon.
 *She does? Oh yeah. I always see her using a lot of ice when she drinks.*
 "You should take one too." Xiumin handed him a mango flavored Melona.
 "Should we take some for the others too?" Xiumin questioned while Chanyeol nodded in response. Then the two got different flavors of Melona for the others.
 Aiia then waved them over to pay on the cashier. And after they payed, they went straight to their van to head back their house.
 
 Meanwhile.
 At the house.
 Hara was unusually being interrogated at the kitchen. She was not used to this so she was starting to freak out inside.
 *Oppa's not here.* she only gets confidence when Xiumin's with her. Actually, not really confidence, she only opens when she's beside him. Since they were kids, she would only just listen to him more than anyone. When they came from the hospital, back to the house, Xiumin had told her to be friendly among the other RS's, and she did. But now, he's not here.
 Mira saw her uneasy look so she took her hand and gave it a light squeeze. It made Hara feel a little relieved and after taking a few deep breaths, she started.
 "Oppa and I been friends since we were kids. Our parents are friends and shares the same interest. He became my closest friend I think because he stood as a real oppa to me. Even when we were kids, we usually share each others things. Our parents actually thought of us getting married when we grow up."
 "oooh~. So do you think you'll end up together?" Kai waggled his brow and teased.
 "Neah. You may not believe but we are just really friends." she shook her head.
 "But you treat each other so special.
 I mean, sweet. Like couples." Tao questioned with an innocent blink.
 "Not only that. They even got pet names. 'Honey Bun'~" Mira giggled, making the others even more with their laughs and looks.
 "eh. That was just for jokes.
 Hai. We actually made that just so we can prevent girls and guys to hit on the both of us.
 That was still when we're kids but then it became a tradition.
 We trust each other more than anyone. And no one could ruin our everlasting friendship." she made a confident smile.
 "But you know there are a lot of stories that bestfriend fall for each other." Baekhyun joined in.
 "Yeah. But I think oppa and I are different ones.
 We know each other more than anyone else. We can read each others mood swings. But I'm a hundred percent sure neither of us will fall for the other.
 We're sweet, yes, but not to the romantic level. You know what I'm saying?
 So go back to cleaning and stop interrogating me. Go. Go" Hara lightly pushed off people beside her and shoo the others. They picked up their cleaning materials and started their chores again while teasing her with, "Weh~?" they chorused, making Hara shake her head and laugh at their silliness.
 She then stood up and got herself some fruit in the fridge.
 *Hai. Since then, people always thought that we're inlove with each other.
 I still remember when I was 5, a boy confessed to me and said, "I don't care if Xiumin is your boyfriend. I can be your boyfriend number 2."
 Then oppa would say, "No. I'm her one and only boyfriend. She's only mine!"
 And I would be the same way as he was with girls who likes him.
 But no matter how close we are, I know we would never fall for the other. He knows me, and I know him.
 We can read each other and we both know we're not capable of falling for the other.* Hara thought while eating her oranges with her legs crossed at the bench.