"DomokYeol"

Moving On From The Past

 

The first day of the recreation turn out well, except for Kai and Hara. Kai couldn't find a chance to say sorry to her throughout the day. While after washing the dishes, Hara was just by herself in their room. She was listening to her ipod for the whole time. It relaxes her when listening to different kinds of music.
 Night came as the moon light got brighter. It was silent within the neighborhood. All the girls were passed asleep except for Hara. She kept switching positions as she tried to fall asleep.
 *ugh! I can't sleep without Mr.Tough!* she sat up in her bed with her brows nitted together. She decided to go out the bedroom to find something to eat or drink in the fridge. Luckily, the ref was full of stock of foods for all of them. Hara spotted onions, tomatoes, mayo and eggs and decided to cook some midnight omelet snack. She took the frying pan on one of the cabinets above her head and started to heat oil. After sautéing the onion and tomatoes, she broke two eggs then mixed some mayo. The food was ready to eat within 5 minutes or less. She set the food in the table and got some provided loaf. *I wonder if Puss already eaten now.* She worriedly thought as she sttufed some of the omelet to be sandwiched by two slices of bread. She was eating with all the lights off except for the kitchen's where she stayed.
 "Who's in there?" Hara heard a voice came from the dark. She grew frightened since it was in very low tone voice. It sounded like a monster had just found his prey.
 *Don't tell me there's a ghost in this house! goddamit! I knew I shouldn't agreed to this!*
 "aaah- ah?" she was about to scream her lungs out but before she did, Chanyeol stepped in the light.
 "oh. Why are still awake?" Chanyeol walked to the fridge to get a pitcher of water and poured a glass full.
 *Sheesh! This guy and his voice.*
 "hmm?" he hummed in an asking way and noticed the eggs and bread grumbs.
 "You cook?" he sitted in one of the seat in the dining table.
 "Yeah. Hmm" she tilted the plate a bit, giving him a you-want-some look.
 "I can?" he pointed at himself as if there were other people besides him. Hara shrugged and passed the plate towards him. He then took a bite with the same fork Hara used.
 "Good." he raised a thumbs up.
 "Why're you here alone by the way?" Chanyeol slowly pushed her back the plate. This time, Hara can't hold it anymore. She cracked up and started laughing around while clutching her stomach, making Chanyeol grew confused.
 "What? Did I say something funny?" Hara laughed even more. "No. Haha. Really. Pff. No." she tried hard not to laugh but just can't stop.
 "But why are you laughing like that? Is there something on my face."
 "Nothing. Psshsh. It's just. Your voice. Pff fft fft." she was biting her lower lip to prevent her laughs.
 *She should laugh often. I never saw her laugh or smile since this morning. I think no one had. Glad I saw her laugh like this first. She looks comfortable, and ... innocent.*
 "You find my voice funny?
 Aish. You're the first person who laughed at me like that." he crossed his arms and raised a brow, making Hara stop from rolling in laugh.
 "Sorry." she bowed her head and apologized.
 "hey. I was just joking around.
 I wasn't offended." Chanyeol put a hand on her shoulder as Hara looked up at him to see if he was really just joking.
 "May I ask. Why do you think my voice sounds funny?" he rested his chin in his knuckles at the table.
 "oh. Nobody have ever told you?
 Your voice doesn't fit your face.
 When I heard your voice this morning with blindfold, I thought it came from a big guy who stands 6 feet tall with such big muscles." she even demonstrate 6 feet tall and muscles by moving her arms.
 Chanyeol chuckled at how she acted. "Really? So should I start building some muscles?" he showed his triceps and poke it with his index finger.
 Hara wasn't showing much emotions since she's used not to.
 "But how isn't my voice fit with my face?"
 "Have you ever looked at the mirror?
 You have a cute baby face but your voice seemed to belong to a scary monster in the woods.
 It's like you have eaten a big dude and he's the one with that voice."
 "So. You find me cute?" Chanyeol made his eyes small, with a teasing look.
 "That would be anyone's observation if they'll see you." she shrugged.
 "No one had ever said that to me."
 "My words are offensive, aren't they?"
 "Not really. I'm not the type to get piss by truthful words.
 It's just that, other people I meet for the first time would just gossip about my voice and wouldn't say their observation in front of me.
 Except for my groupmates of course.
 Boys are more frank and outspoken."
 Hara was just poking her food then take some bits of it while listening to Chanyeol's explanation. Something Chanyeol observed and analyzed on his mind. *Did we just shared the same fork?* his heart raised a bit because of the thought.
 "It's fine with you to share utensils with a guy?" he suddenly asked, making Hara realize. She stared the fork for a few seconds and answered, "Sure. As long as they don't have infectious disease or what, I don't really mind. You don't have one, do you?" she eyed and pointed the fork at him.
 "No. I don't. Don't worry." he flashed an alluring smile that made Hara's jaw fall a bit and the fork to dropped from her hand.
 *This guy. Ugh! Quit smiling like that, will you!*
 "You okay?" Chanyeol took the fork and handed it back to her.
 "Y-yeah." Hara gained back composure and made herself busy eating, with a blushed face.
 "Why are you still awake by the way?
 It's so late at night." Chanyeol glanced at the wall clock and it striked at 1:30 am.
 *Why does this guy keep on asking questions?*
 "I can't sleep." Hara just finished the whole meal so she stood to wash the used plate and utensil.
 "Why can't you?" Chanyeol inquired.
 "You don't seem to be so curious, don't you think?" Hara started cleaning at the sink.
 "Sorry. Am I bothering you?"
 *I didn't say anything.* Hara rolled her eyes. Her back was facing Chanyeol while she rinse off the bubble from the plate.
 "Not much. I'm just not used to it." she answered as she placed the cleaned plate in the plate rack.
 "I can't sleep without my teddy bear." she sat up again.
 "Huh? Ah.
 How's that?
 Does it have a sentimental value to you?"
 "Kinda. It's from my e-ex." she exhaled heavily.
 Hearing her words somewhat made Chanyeol's heart clutched. "You still give importance to it. You still love the guy?"
 "No!" she defensively answered.
 "I can see that." Chanyeol nodded.
 "I said I don't! I'm just used to sleep with it." she firmly cleared with a frown face.
 "But you didn't made your self used to being separated with it?"
 "W-what?
 Pssh. Because I thought I'll have it forever."
 "If you're not meant for each other, maybe someone is destined who's better."
 "My fault. I forgot it in the house." Hara was murmuring this while listening to Chanyeol.
 "We're talking about the teddy bear right?" she assured.
 "Of course. Maybe it needs replacement." Chanyeol innocently smiled. Hara could be so dumb at times.
 "I don't know. Maybe." she shrugged. "All of the guys are asleep too?"
 "uh hm. They were tired from all the activities they had earlier. We played a lot till evening. Why didn't you join us?"
 Hara just made her lips into a firm line. "Don't you like being with us?"
 "You really are serious when you said boys are straightforward, huh?" Hara smirked which made Chanyeol chuckled a bit. "Am I being frank?"
 "Can't you notice?"
 Then, Hara saw that he was starting to yawn sideways.
 "You should go to sleep now. It's late." Hara stood and put her seat back in place.
 *Shouldn't I be the one to say that?*
 "But how 'bout you?"
 "I'm fine. I'll stay all night."
 "But I can still stay." he tried to convince but ended up yawning again.
 "I'm convinced, really." she sarcastically stated and rolled her eyes at him.
 "Wait. Don't go anywhere. Wait me here." Chanyeol waved his hand. Hara tilted her head in wonder.
 *What is he planning to do?* Hara waited patiently at the kitchen.
 Chanyeol came back as Hara looked up at him. He was holding a huggable and fluffy brown stuff toy. He held it up to cover his face and took its arms.
 "Hi. My name is DomokYeol. Nice to meet you." he spoke with his deep voice, waved its hands and lend it in front of Hara.
 "Childish." Hara commented, yet still took its hand and shook it.
 "You can have it." Chanyeol pushed it near her and flashed a big smile.
 "Huh? Me? Why?"
 "You can use it while you don't have Mr.Tough." he shrugged.
 "How'd you know my teddy bear's name is Mr.Tough?"
 "ah. Ha? You told me earlier. Remember?
 Just get it already." he took her hand and put the toy on her arms.
 *Really? Did I told him? Am I starting to get old?* she tilted her head.
 "But. Why would you give this to me?
 You just met me this morning and you hadn't knew me well.
 I think I don't deserve this." Hara pushed him back the stuff toy.
 "Okay. Good night!" he acted like he didn't hear anything and skidded back to the guys' room.
 "H-hey! Didn't you he-. Aish. Stubborn." she tried to catch him and ended up on the living room.
 Hara finally gave up. She shook her head and snugled the fluffy toy as she slumped back at the sofa.
 "Nice to meet you." she hugged it tight and rested her head above it. Without noticing, she fell asleep.
 It felt nice and comfie with her new sleeping buddy, DomokYeol. Better than the feeling with Mr.Tough.