"Trust Me"

Moving On From The Past

 

That night ...
 
 The RS's decided to go at a party held by the beach. There were rock bands singing, wild people head banging, s flirting, drunk men laughing.
 Each of them wore their best party outfits then head straight the event.
 Others were on the dance floor, while Hara chose to stay at the snack bar. She was drinking her pineapple juice while observing her co-RS's around.
 *They really are interacting huh?
 Aish. Just look at that innocent Aiia. Loving being surrounded by guys.
 Mwo? But hold on. Why isn't she with her bestfriend, Jeni?
 Hai. People, people.*
 then, "Hi miss. Can I -" a guy sat next to her out of nowhere.
 "Don't even try mister. I'm not interested. Try to touch even a single strand of my hair and I'll crush your body into pieces." she threw dagger looks at him. The guy then hurriedly walked away.
 "You're so scary. Don't you know that?" Suho came and mentioned.
 "Molla." she smiled.
Suho: "Hai. Are you enjoying your Christmas?"
Hara: "uhm. Kinda."
Suho: "You're not enjoying at all huh?
 Wanna come with me?"
Hara: "Where?"
Suho: "Just c'mon." he then took her arm and they escape the crowd. He then took her where people can be seen encircling something. They pushed themselves in and there they saw poi dancers.
 "Whoa!" Hara gaped at the amazing sight.
 "Amazing right?"
 "Sure is." she answered without looking at him.
 "I can't stay here for long. I resemble water right? I might evaporate." he chuckled.
 "Ugh. I wanna stay longer. I know, you can already leave. I won't mind."
 "Ah. I know. I'll just get flameboy to accompany you. Just wait here."
 Hara waved him away without paying attention with what he says. She was so onto the tricks that she didn't notice someone came and stoop down next to her.
 "Close your mouth. A fly might go in there."
 "Wo. Chanyeol. When did you came?"
 "Hai. You were just too busy with those flames that you didn't notice the most bright and hot flame came."
 "Jinjja? Where?
 I can't see it."
 "eh~. It's right in front of you. Me." he pouted and crossed his arms.
 "Haha. I was just joking.
 C'mon. Let's get outta here." she took his hand and pulled him out.
 The two walked by the beach while holding their floppies.
Hara: "Aaah~. The air here is so refreshing."
Chanyeol: "Don't you wanna stay longer at the party?"
Hara: "Ani. It's so stinky there. I really don't like the environment.
 People smoking, drinking. Unpleasant sights."
Chanyeol: "Yeah. But why did you came in the first place?"
Hara: "Hmm. 'Cause everyone wanted me to feel better after what happened earlier. I don't wanna disappoint them."
Chanyeol: "But you didn't seem to enjoy."
Hara: "I did actualy. After your leader took me at the fire dancers."
Chanyeol: "Ah that's good."
Hara: "By the way. I wanted to ask you something."
Chanyeol: "Feel free."
Hara: "uhm. About earlier.
 Did you wanted to win the game?"
Chanyeol: "Well since you asked. I actually did.
 A candle light dinner this Christmas with you would've been great."
Hara: "You're so frank. Hehe.
 We've been always together almost everynight. Aren't you getting tired of my face yet." she laughed.
Chanyeol: "Aniyo. But it was because of that bastard that we-"
 Hara turn to face him, let go of her floppies, tilted her toes, cupped his face and planted a tender kiss on his cheek. This made him let go of his own slippers and his eyes grew wide.
 "Thank you for protecting me earlier." she then picked her flops and skidded forward. Chanyeol blinked a couple of times.
 *D-did she just?* realizing it, he jumped up and down. He then ran fast and took Hara's hands and went for a run. She didn't argue to this and just run along with him as to where their feet would take them.
 
 And then, a week later.
 9:00pm of New Year's Eve...
 It was planned that before the year ends, they will have this open forum. This will let them say the things they want to change for the next year (New Year's Resolution), the most memorable thing that happened this year, and the thing that saddened them the most.
 Everyone shared their own experiences while others got emotional especially the girls. The guys were by their side to comfort them even if they were tearing up themselves. It was a big relief that they were able to let out these feelings even just before the year ends.
 Then after releasing emotions, they gathered around the dining to eat their last dinner for 2012.
 "I'm so glad to have my friends with me to start a new year." Kai sincerely spoke.
 Everyone thought of his words and smiled to themselves, thinking of the same thing. Even if they've gone apart from their family, they gain new family by having each other that lessen their homesickness.
 "If you come to think of it, we started quite not well but look at us now. Hai. Remember our first day? When Kai recieved his 'nice to meet you' greeting? That was hilarious." Kris started the reminiscing of memories. Everyone laugh along and that dinner came full of laughs. It was more enjoyable since all of them are sharing their own views when they first met each other 'til the days they shared having recreational activities.
 After the festive dinner, at 11pm they went to a high hill nearby. Since they bought fireworks and firecrackers earlier, they wanted to use these there and welcome the year together.
 Everyone have gone to the hill already, while Xiumin, Suho, Kris, Chanyeol and Hara were left at the house. They were the last to go at the hill, bringing their stuffs up there.
 "Let's go? All things are set." Suho said as he lifted up a box of firecrackers with him.
 "Oppa. Can I pass this this time?
 I'll just take some rest then I'll follow up the hill after. Please~?" Hara took Xiumin's hand and was evident on her face that she was really tired.
 "Well..." Xiumin turned to ask the others and they nodded.
 "Arraso. But make sure you'll make it before 12midnight. We'll start the fireworks display at exactly 12." Kris then said and reminded.
 "Kaja. See you later honey bee." Xiumin planted a tender kiss on her head then left with Suho and Kris.
 After some time, when the other RS's left, Hara decided to take some walk beside the beach. She was inhaling the fresh beach air. It was so quiet since almost all people have gone back to their own homes to welcome the new year. It was silent that night and all she could hear was the wave hitting the big rocks by the waters. She sitted infront before the waters while hugging her knees with eyes closed.
 *Ah. It's been a while since I last saw you guys. Remember, before we'll do the same thing? We'll countdown every new year's eve and have dinner together with the whole family.
 Hai. I'm missing you guys.* she remembered the moments she had with her parents. Tears started falling down her eyes. She thought of releasing all of her feelings this night, before the year ends. And so, she knew she'd end up thinking of someone.
 *You were there when I needed comfort the most. I was happy when I was with you. You made me feel that there are a whole lot of reasons for me to be happy. But then, we ended up hurting a friend. Now, it makes me think, did we deserve to break up just because of Jeni?
 It really confuses my heart. I don't know if I miss you. I don't know if I still love you.
 My heart is so bewildered.* she cried even more. She still didn't know what to feel. Is she hurt or is she happy. There were a lot of what ifs in her mind.
 Then, there were soft comforting arms that carressed her from behind with a blanket to cover her cold body.
 She looked back and saw Chanyeol who rested his chin on her shoulder. He was giving her the most warm back hug.
 "C-chanyeol." Hara said while in tears.
 "shhh. You don't have to say anything.
 Just let it all out." he calmly stated and Hara did as told. He can hear and feel her hick-ups from the heavy cries. She was even covering with the back of her hand.
 They kept still for a while. Chanyeol didn't even said a single word but just let her burst it all out. When she calmed a bit, she slowly turned to face him.
 "W-why are y-you here?" she asked with a stutter.
 "hmm. My heart told me you need me more here." he winked making Hara smile with his words.
 "May I know why were you crying?"
 "I was thinking about my parents, and ... him." she seem to think twice before saying.
 "oh. Who? Your ex-boyfriend?" he said, expressionless.
 "Chanyeol..."
 "It's okay. Didn't I say before that you can tell me everything about anything?
 Trust my words."
 Hara then faced in front, look down and spoke
 "I'm just being confused by my feelings. I don't even know what to say."
 Once again, Chanyeol's arms wrapped around her.
 "You're confused if you still love him or not, right?
 That's why you can't say it, because you're afraid you might hurt my feelings, huh?"
 "Mianhamnida."
 "It's okay. I can understand.
 Do you feel pressured since that day? When I told you I love you?"
 "It's not that but. I mean no. Uhm-"
 "Shhh. I know it's still hard to forget him. I'm not forcing you to love me back.
 I just wanted you to know what I feel for you."
 "But what if I don't love you back? Didn't you think your confession would just be useless? Haven't you heard Mira saying that I never loved another guy back after that break up? Haven't you thought of having a heart break?" Hara faced him with a turn of her head. She thought he'd see him thinking deeply about her words but instead, he was giving her a comforting smile.
 "You're maybe right.
 Since you said it now, I want to know of what you feel." he look deeply in her eyes. His eyes made something inside of her able to speak these words,
 "Chanyeol, ah-I Love You." she whispered. Chanyeol leaned forward and said, "What was that? I didn't hear it."
 "I said I .. love .. you" in her every word, Chanyeol was leaning himself forward. And when he was just an inch away from her face, she repeated,
 "I love yo-" Chanyeol then gladly took her in a grateful kiss. He showed his passion for his love for her that he cupped her face to put it to a better angle. Hara's lips told her what exactly her heart tells her to do; answer him with a tender kiss-back.
 *Even if you still don't know what you really feel, I'll be waiting here for you until you finally decide who your heart really beats for.* he thought.
 Just as their lips met, fireworks display was started. The beauty of the night was the witness of Hara, taking Chanyeol's love for her.
 
 A while later...
 Hara leaned on his chest while he warmed her up with his embrace.
 "I'll always be by your side until you're sure of what your heart tells you." he said and tightened his embrace.
 "But I can't promise I can give you back the affection you're giving. What if he come back? I don't know what to do."
 "When I'm by your side, you don't have to worry about anything. All you have to do is to ... Trust me."