"Just the two of us"

Moving On From The Past

 

The moment was interrupted when someone suddenly called, "Hello?! Is anybody there?! Answer me!"
 The two broke apart while the shadow came near them.
 "Hara. Chanyeol.
 Ahhh. I'm thankful you two are alright." Xiumin sighed and took a sit in some rock.
 As told before, after two young hearts felt each other beating as one, their fellows found them one by one.
 "... and Dona. Is everyone here now?
 Good. Let's all come out this cave. Baekhyun and Suho already found a way out."
 And there, it was 12 passed midnight when they had finally came back the beach house.
 "Yejun-ah. Thank you for taking the whole group to the cave. Even if something happened, good thing everyone's alright." Hara bowed and thanked him before going up the house.
 "Mian if that happened. I swear I didn't know that might happen since they said it was just a tale.
 I hope everyone wouldn't be traumatized by this event.
 Have a good night Hara." he sighed and forced a smile.
 "Ye. See you tomorrow."
 "ah. By the way. About that, hmm, I guess we can't.
 I'll be having a vacation and leave tonight so you might not be able to see me tomorrow."
 "oh. Jinjja? Well I guess see you again next time.
 Have a safe trip then."
 "Ye. Take care of yourself. I'm leaving. Bye." he bowed then left.
 *We'll meet again soon Hara. Don't you worry.*
 She went upstairs as soon as Yejun left and there she saw someone waiting by the door.
 "oh. What are you doing here? You should go to sleep." she tried to pass the door but he blocked her way. Hara raised her brow and made a questioning face.
 "Do you think the tale is true?"
 "What tale? Ah. That. Maybe yes, maybe no." she smirked and went down so she can go inside.
 "That's not even an answer." he pouted.
 "Let's just see. Good night Chanyeol." she was about to go to her room when he took her hand and pulled her. He then planted a soft gentle kiss on her forehead.
 "Goodnight." he said.
 
 The next morning, their topic was still about the event last night. They were eating together at the dining.
 "Yeah that was so unforgetable.
 Hey wait. If the curse really occured yesterday, then who are the two young hearts Yejun was saying?" Dona looked at all of the RS's while biting onto her fork.
 "I don't know. I just found Chanyeol, Yejun, Xiumin oppas and Hara when I came." Aiia wondered.
 "Yah. So who among the boys is your future?" Kai elbowed Hara and tried to interrogate. But, he didn't get any reply. Instead,
 "Are you guys forgetting what's the date today?" Hara asked while casually eating her meal.
 "The date today is December 24." Tao proudly spoke without thinking. Then suddenly, everyone turned to panic mode.
 "IT'S DECEMBER 24!" they chorused that made Hara and Xiumin put their index fingers on their ears.
 "That means tonight is the Christmas Eve! Ugh! How can we forget." Jeni made cute a face.
 "We should cook a lot of food later, right?" Kai made a huge circle with his hands.
 "But how 'bout the money?" Chanyeol asked. And just with that, someone knocked on the door.
 "I'm on it." Baekhyun took a spoonfull of his food then rushed to open the door.
 After a short while, he came back the dining while waving a letter on his hand.
 "Problem solved!" he announced.
 Inside the envelop was $10,000 worth of cash money with a letter that says,
 "It's Christmas Eve later! Yipie! So the Universities provided this small amount for you to be able to buy the ingredients for later's Noche Buena [A/N: okay so I'm not sure if everyone knows what that means. The food you serve and eat at the Christmas Eve is what you call Noche Buena.]
 And by the way, tomorrow on Christmas Day, the beach owner will be holding a contest open for everyone.
 You'll just have to register your names at the booth near the shake stand. But you must be with a partner; a girl and a boy.
 Hope you guys enjoy this evening and the rest of days ahead.
               -Honey"
 
 That day, three of them bought the ingredients in the market, riding a van provided by the RS's authorities. And when night came, everyone helped to make a delicious and presentable table at the dining. Each one had their own tasks that made their work easier and faster. The dining had full of gleeful laughs, jokes, and fooling around. After, they just took a short nap and when they woke up, gifts in different sizes can be found under their huge christmas tree. It came from both universities' managements. There were presents for each of them, then they noticed a certain huge box and it was for all of them. When Xiumin opened it, another set of boxes colored pink and blue divided in the left and right and again, with the name of each one of them. He distributed them to everyone. To their surprise, when they took off the lids of their boxes, swim wears are found. They will make use of these later at the event produced by the management.
 "This means we're all required to come huh?" Mira raised a brow and questioned.
 
 It was a perfect weather that Christmas day, just right to play in the waters. Everyone got ready for the event which just requires pairs get the head bands wore by the girls of the opponent's team while they are being carried by the males on their shoulders at the pool area.
 
 "Just meet us downstairs after you change, arraso?" Suho said to the girls bedroom then left for them to change.
 The boys patiently waited for the girls to come down. First to come out was Dona, then Jeni and Aiia, after came Mira.
 "Isn't Hara done yet?" Xiumin asked Mira as soon as she came down.
 "Here." they heard Hara spoke from inside. She poked her head on the door while they wait for her to come out.
 "Do we really have to wear these?
 Can't I just pass this one?
 I'll just stay in the house." she spoke from the door.
 "Hai. Of course not.
 Come out already.
 You look stunning in it." Mira came and pulled her off the door.
 The males' eyes grew big. Their mouth grew wide open as they gaped at the out of this world beauty.
 Since Hara is used to wearing jacket all the time, they never saw her milk-like porcelain skin. Now that she's wearing a bikini, her shape was clearly shown and her body was equally proportioned.
 "Yah! Don't give those looks. It's like you're gonna bite anytime. Honey bun~" she swayed Xiumin's arm and pointed an accusing finger towards the boys.
 He just let out a small laugh then hugged her with one arm comfortingly.
 "Keep your tongues to yourself boys." Mira giggled at their sight.
 *What the! Argh! Why does she get these boys' attention?! Can't they see I look better in my bikini?!* Aiia clenched her fist and glared at Hara.
 "So ... Let's decide the pairings? ... Boys?" Dona tried to wake them up and quit staring at Hara.
 "Y-yeah. Let's just let the girls choose their partners." Kris gulped before he spoke.
 "Ah. Then I choose Chanyeol oppa-" Aiia wanted him to be her partner as she took his hand. But, someone wouldn't let her have him. On Chanyeol's other hand, Hara was pulling him to her side.
 "I'm sorry. But I'm not letting you get him this time." she spoke and pulled him to come beside her. Everyone was stunned by her sudden act since she wasn't like this before. Even Chanyeol was shocked but was jumping around in joy in the inside.
 Hara and Aiia made a staring contest and it was like lightnings are coming out their eyes. Until Aiia spoke, "Why would you want to be with him? You aren't even confident of yourself so how can you help him win?"
 Chanyeol was about to stand before her but Hara held him back.
 "I guess you got it all wrong my friend. I'm very much confident of myself even with this clothing. I was just afraid I might beat you because I look better than you do." she answered in a friendly tone, making Aiia clench her fist even more. She tried to calm down and answered back.
 "Even so, can you be able to win. Can you even swim? Oh yeah, I forgot, PLASTICS float, don't they?"
 "They do. Then, you should hold onto me. You're a USER right?" .She may had thought of what she may answer back at Hara but she didn't knew she can give you back your words, 2 times hurtful than yours.
 *I may still be not sure of what I feel, but I wouldn't just let you get him for yourself.* Hara said on her mind.
 "Okay okay. So Chanyeol and Hara noona would be partners. Other noona choose the other guys please." Tao tried to stop the scene.
 "Oppa! Let's be partners-" Jeni took Baekhyun's hand and swayed it cutely. But, Mira got hold of it him firmly and made a stay-away- look which Jeni understood clearly so she let go and just took Suho as her partner.
 "You're so funny." Baekhyun said while preventing his smile with the back of his hand.
 "Do you find me amusing?" Mira chuckled then raised their hands together to let others know she picked him as her partner.
 And in the end, the partners list are:
 Hara:Chanyeol
 Mira:Baekhyun
 Jeni:Suho
 Aiia:Tao
 Dona:Xiumin
 
 They all had their names registered while Kris and Kai just picked some girls to be their partner. [A/N: I mean. Duh. Any girl would wanna have them as partner.] And of course, the two picked the girls that attracted them the most.
 Soon, the games started. The girls had their own head bands. While they are placed at the boys' shoulders.
 "You sure you could carry me? I can just ask Kris oppa to change partners." Hara asked before she come up his shoulder.
 "Of course I can. I've already carried you ones and you're not that heavy.
 You just need to trust me. Huh?" he asked then Hara gratefully nodded.
 "But ..."
 "But what?"
 "Promise me. Right after this game, you'll change clothes right away. See those guys? Aish. They should keep their eyes to theirselves before I take it out for them." he gritted his teeth and gave the males death glare.
 Hara giggled to herself which made him ask why. "Why are you laughing? Did I said something funny? I mean those words." he tantrumed a bit.
 "Arraso. Go down now so I can get up." .And he did as told.
 After a few minutes, all things were set. There were a total of 30 pairs that participated all in all.
 Slowly, pairs are being eliminated. Hara's team is close to winning. Their team and Aiia's were left standing together with the other 6 pairs. If Hara wouldn't have her band get caught by the others, they'll the one to win.
 The competition gets tough. There were only 3 pairs standing. But Aiia's team had been already eliminated by the other team.
 "We can win this Hara!"
 *For us to have a romantic date. Just the two of us.* Chanyeol smiled.
 "Ye!" Hara pumped up her fist.
 Chanyeol then turned his attention to their opponents. He noticed that they were looking at Hara in a maniac way.
 *Aish! You dare to lay a finger on her and this will be a Christmas you will never forget!* he cursed in his mind.
 Then the game started again. In just a minute, there were just only two pairs remaining; Hara's and the guy which Chanyeol saw earlier.
 Hara was determined to take her opponents bands. On the other hand, Chanyeol is getting ready for any hidden agenda of this untrusted looking man in front of him. While Hara is doing her job, there was an intense conversation just below her.
 "Hey. Your girlfriend is so hot. Mind if I borrow her sometime? Let's exchange partners. You can have mine and I'll have yours. What do you think?" then the guy was about to touch her legs but Chanyeol pulled off. This made Hara grew confused.
 "Yah! You punk!
 Don't you dare lay your dirty hand on my girl!
 Miss. You've made a big mistake when you take him as your partner. He could give you up just because of a stranger.
 We'll end it here Hara." he then let Hara carefully slid down.
 "Talk like that again about my girl and I'll make your life a miserable hell!" Chanyeol made a shielded arm for Hara.
 She then put down his arm then looked at Chanyeol and nodded.
 Hara made her way to the front then said,
 "Hi. I know we don't even know each other well. But I want to ask you this. Do you really love this guy?" Hara took the girl's hand and pointed at the guy.
 "What? O-of course yes."
 "And do you think he loves you as much as you do?"
 To this, she has no response. Hara then turned to the guy. She then gave him a hard punch in the face.
 "This is for your maniac act!
 And this is for hurting an innocent woman!" and he recieved another punch. The water that surrounds him became red because of his blood.
 "Girls are being loved. They don't deserve guys like you." Chanyeol pushed him in the water then took Hara's hand.
 "We quit! They won." he announced. People around them were giving them around of applause. Their co-RS's were so proud of the two.
 "Jaggiya. Help me." the guy begged his girlfriend. But she turned away and left him.
 
 While the RS's head back the house.
 "Whoa noona! That was so cool!
 The way you punched him in the face." Tao imitated her punch.
 "It is. That might've hurt so much." Suho rubbed his own nose, feeling the guy's aching ones.
 "That was nothing compared to the hurt he's giving the girls. Hai. Men like him." he gave Kris an accusive look.
 "Hey. Why are you giving me that face? I'm innocent." he raised his both hands.
 "You might've won the game if it isn't for that guy." Dona sighed.
 Hara looked at Chanyeol's expression.
 *I wonder. Did he wanted to win?
 Well as for me, I don't really care if we won or not.
 But how does he feel.*